The White Cliffs Hotel
US$ 186
US$ 180
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswhite cliffsfamily apartmentmain buildinglovely hotelfull englisheggs benedictstayed here for one nightpleasant staydover castlestaff are greatthe pubfood was lovelyarrived latesaturday nightsandwichst margaret's baymews
Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

Diamond in the rough, what a find.. Will definitely be recommending this place, such an enjoyable 2 night stay. Very dog friendly, food was excellent. Cosy fires, hot spiced cider was delicious , the mussels starter was the best, good selection of wine, and the scrumptious croissants for breakfast. Excellent and welcoming staff. Great location for White cliffs walks. Decor of the bar/restaurant was so cosy and authentic. Room was fine, doors upstairs could do with a drop of oil :-) a bit squeaky in middle of the night :-) free parking, easy to find... We will definitely we back :-)

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2016

Charming hotel, old world but all the modern conveniences, very friendly staff, very comfortable, rooms, excellent bathroom. Good breakfast buffet, good dinner, even if choice a bit limited. Free off street parking.

Room Tip: Garden rooms are nicer, but outdoors (v short walk) so maybe not in winter!
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 November 2016

Always a warm welcome and the hotel has proved a gem of a find. Fabulous food and aleays a good service... home from home and I don't say that about mnay hotels :-)

Big big thumbs up from me and it will alweays be my place of chocie for my trips to the area

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

So - if you're working in Dover and need to stay overnight - don't stay overnight in Dover. Stay here...

A handful of well maintained rooms above the bar and restaurant plus another handful in an annexe.

Food is pretty good and the menu a bit different with a good range of wine and local beers.

Little bit pricey but an enjoyable stay. Only two issues for me. The bar played music until it shut - unfortunately my room was directly above a speaker so if I had wanted an early night I would have struggled.

And two - if I had wanted to watch tv it wouldn't have been fantastically comfortable - and not just in my room. impossible to lie on the bed and watch tv due to bars at the bottom of the bed and it wasn't possible to rearrange chairs etc. Bit frustrating...

Nicely done place though with very helpful staff.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Adrian L
Reviewed 2 November 2016

I stayed for a night with my two dogs after arriving in Dover at the end of a lng drive through France. The hotel is perfectly situated, away from cental Dover but still only 5 -10 minutes drive from the ferry. Plus it is is close to the Walking area on the cliffs.
The hotel is charming, dog friendly and comfortable. The rate looked high when I checked but I found a deal on booking.com that made it reasonable, though not cheap.
I was too tired to eat but the chef made me a lovely ham and mustard sandwich. Breakfast was also excellent.
The room I was initially given was quite warm and I couldn't get the windows open. When I asked about this I was given another room, the young man who took me there opened the window for me. All the staff I met were young, very efficient, friendly and helpful. I will stay here again as it is much nicer than the chain hotels nearby.

Room Tip: Perfect for dog owners but some rooms have windows that don't open so check
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo