“Fab Tearoom”

Ravenscar Tearooms
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Ravenscar
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 12
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Cafe and Tearoom serving Soup, sandwiches , salads and Homemade Cakes
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Well worth the extra distance to have a wonderful cup of tea and an amazing homemade scone (with jam and cream - of course!). We sat in the back room with a roaring log fire and stunning views. The lady who runs the tearooms is so lovely and knows the area well. It's worth popping in to see the photos of what Ravenscar was like and the original town plan which is fascinating. Tearooms like this are few and far between and I think they are worth supporting. For the less abled amongst us it's all on one level including the loo. The proprietor only to happy to assist and brings your order to your table. Oh - and it's spotlessly clean!

Reviewed 23 March 2018

We discovered this little gem tucked away at the end of Station Road in Ravenscar and enjoyed our lunch sat in the glorious sunshine enjoying the view. We were asked if we wished to sit inside even though we had our Scottie’s Dog with us, nice touch seeing as though many places do not allow dog owners inside. Fresh produce was used to make my Ham sandwich and side salad. Treacle tart with its lemon overtones was yummy and everything at a very reasonable price. We enjoyed our lunch so much that when we passed by later that afternoon we visited again with our family in tow this time and once again we were not disappointed. Caramel shortbread and Apple and Lemon tart amongst the purchases this time and I can truthfully say I have never enjoyed an apple tart so much.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

We were driving home from a couple of days away decided to go to Scarborough for a quick cuppa , saw a sign for Ravenscar as the name sounded vaguely familiar , found this tearoom I ordered bacon sandwich with cooked tomato my wife got beens on toast I can honestly saw best bacon sarny I've had , heaps of beens on the toast , chatting to the owners I was told a little bit of the history we even checked a couple of the room's for a future stay , under £10 for the meal including tea and a coke .

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

We were so delighted when the tea rooms reopened under new management. It is even better than before with great service and good straightforward food.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

I reviewed this tearoom in 2015 but it has changed hands since then, I am pleased to report everything is just as good, if not better, then our last visit. We walked from Robin Hoods Bay last Saturday on one of the muddiest tracks I have ever been on, so it was with some trepidation that we opened the door to the tea room. We expected to be asked to remove our footwear at the very least, however the owner just smiled said we were most welcome, and clearly we were. We had the broccoli and Stilton soup which was delicious thick and filling with lovely fresh bread to go with it. Whilst we were eating I overheard the people at the next table praising the apple and lemon cake (Canterbury tart?) they were eating. I made a mental note to have a piece after our soup, however disaster struck because as they left the people who had been eating the cake went to the counter and bought the entire remainder of said cake! I was devastated. We did have a nice fruit with ginger cake instead and a lovely chat with the owner about the local area. The place is a gem, not to be missed, and just shows what is needed to make a success of a business, there are many other establishments that could learn a lot from the owners of the Ravenscar tearooms.