“WONDERFUL LOCAL PRODUCE”

La Bottega di Zefferino
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 17
Cuisines: Deli, Italian
Reviewed 6 October 2018

Lovely quirky restaurant with a range of fresh local produce...the platter of meats and cheeses was delicious. Best bottle of Vermintino tasted for some time. Friendly rustic atmosphere

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Amazing food beautifully presented, friendly and efficient service and great value prices. This is a world away from predictable pizza and pasta tourist joints - it's interesting food, eg combining a delicious mix of flavours and textures in the salads of the day. Wonderful cold soups too. We didn't drink wine but it looks like a vg selection. There's a quality produce shop too. Plus we were lucky to catch an amazing sunset over the lake. Very much recommended.

Date of visit: September 2018
2  Thank MartinC132
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

The food was delicious. I would advise going off the menu as it’s not cheap. This was advertised as a reasonably priced restaurant but the local meats and cheeses platter was priced at €15 per person and I asked for one for 2! The serving was huge and I should really have got a platter for one. It did not disappoint - the meats and cheeses were absolutely delicious, The sandwiches are always huge and I would suggest that kids can share a portion.

The furniture is a bit to be desired - it looked all quaint but my 7 year old got two splinters!

Also, for the avoidance of doubt, it’s across the toad from the lake.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Having travelled to four or five of the major cities of the region, I can say that this is the most unique. The cured meats and cheeses are regional and carefully picked by extremely knowledgeable staff. We asked for wine pairings and a choice was given until we found the ideal one. We were then offered deserts digestif and deserts all of which were perfect. The staff were kind and funny and I couldn't recommend this place highly enough. A true gem of the region.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank jamescX5035BY
Anna C, Proprietario at La Bottega di Zefferino, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Thank you so much, James!!!!!
It was a real pleasure having you both here.
I hope you'll enjoy your Italian tour, and hope to see you again any time soon!
Take care,
Anna

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

We were looking for a restaurant with a view and happened to find a parking space near Zefferino's. We managed to get a table outside with a nice view of the lake. With the help and advice of our friendly waitperson, we ordered a soup made with squash and spiced with ginger, a torta filled with melted ricotta and truffles, and a sampler tray of local salumi and cheeses. To drink, my wife had a dry vermentino, while I tried a glass of montefalco rosso. Everything was absolutely delicious, and we really enjoyed the atmosphere.

Date of visit: September 2017