“Huge servings of wonderful food.”

Talisman Hotel Garden Bar and Bistro
Ranked #2 of 23 Restaurants in Katikati
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Talisman Hotel Gardern Bar and Bistro has been providing hospitality,friendship and entertainment to locals and visitors for over 130 years Call in today and be welcomed by our friendly staff and enjoy a beverage in the public bar, Dine in the beautiful restaurant or relax in the Garden Bar under our amazing avocado tree. The Talisman has been under new ownership since July 2017, we look forward to welcoming you here at the Talisman
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We were at the pub for dinner with 4 adults and a baby. The staff was very quick to organise a high chair for our little boy.
The food was great. I was aware that the servings were large, so I chose the Seared loin from the entree to have as a main, and the other chose burgers and pizza, and some bread and kumera chips.

My meal was wonderful and just the right amount, the others were unable to finish their meals, only because the serving were large. Our little chap kept eating everything he was given and ate nearly as much as I. It was a wonderful meal, and the next time we are in Katikati we will definitely be back for another meal

Talisman K, Manager at Talisman Hotel Garden Bar and Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Hello,

We are so happy you all enjoyed your meals here at the Talisman :)
We love to make sure people don't leave hungry ;) and get beautiful meals throughout the whole menuand we are happy to hear you experienced that.
We look forward to seeing you again :)

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We were wanting a meal out in Katikati and we both came up with the Talisman as being a likely venue. I had heard mixed stories about the place but am a firm believer in giving places a go. I am so pleased I did!
I thought we were going to a pub for a pub meal which was fine by me but upon entering the Talisman Garden Bar and Bistro those thoughts were dispelled. We were greeted by a friendly staff member for whom finding us a table was no bother at all. Very soon we were seated, offered a drinks and food menu and had water poured for us.
We ordered a delicious Sav and set about choosing our food. You can, of cause, choose fish and chips, a burger or a pizza and they looked very good. I opted for a delicious broccoli, blue cheese and bacon soup to start and a well cooked lamb entree as my main meal. These two courses filled me up! My partner chose the fish of the day which was snapper and a creamy mash. She’s eaten a lot of fish and commented on how fresh is was. We passed on dessert, as tempting as they were, paid our (reasonable) bill and left having had a delicious meal and been beautifully looked after. We’ll be back.

Hello,

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so happy that you do like to give places ago despite hearing mixed things and that you enjoyed your whole experience with us :)
It is lovely to hear that you enjoyed the wine and all your meals as well.
We look forward to seeing you back again and hopefully you have room for dessert next time ;)
Thank you again for your lovely review as we really appreciate you taking the time to write this.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Our family came in on Sunday night for a birthday dinner, we had a lovely time. The menu was extensive... the entrees came out quickly, beautiful crisp calamari, delicious chowder and the salad had fresh tasty dressing... bajhi were yummy and nice and spicy. Mains were epic, had the prawn pasta... tasted like real pasta and the sauce was creamy and tasty! my husband had the fish... just lovely, greens on the side were nicely cooked. We all agreed it was a great dining experience... would highly recommend to anyone else. The waitresses were friendly which is so important... couldn't rate it enough really.. will be back for sure

Thank you so much for your review! We love hearing about peoples' experiences with us and how they found it. We are so happy you enjoyed our menu and many aspects of it :)
We love to try give a friendly, country hospitality and so happy to hear you also experienced that also.
We really look forward to seeing you both again & thank you again for taking the time to write something so lovely :)

Reviewed 13 March 2018

We were staying in Katikati for a family reunion and the night before we went for a meal.We were not booked in but they found a table for us.Our meals all arrived almost all together and were as we had ordered them.All in our group enjoyed their meals and the friendly service. A really pleasant night for all.

Hello, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us :) We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your food and service with us, we always aim to provide a great experience all round.
Look forward to seeing you again :)

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Odd place. I wondered into the bistro area, got a flash of eye contact and a half smile from one of the wait staff. No one wanted to seat me so I walked to the bistro bar. Wait staff swished past without giving me so much as a glance so I wandered into the bar next door. The bar staff there were super friendly, and I asked to see the menu while I had a beer. Surprisingly, same menu as the bistro, but the vibe of the bar wasn't really what I felt like for dinner. I ordered the large mussels and asked if I could be seated in the bistro. The answer was no, for reasons which weren't entirely clear to me. The mussels were absolutely delicious and there were a lot of them. They were served with a really nice bread too. But the service was a bit hit-and-miss. The waitress came and plonked the dish down and managed to simultaneously completely ignore me. I'm not sure how she managed it. I wasn't given a spoon, and the bowl for shells was too small. These are little things, but contribute to an overall impression.

1  Thank 1_JR_1
Talisman K, General Manager at Talisman Hotel Garden Bar and Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, we are happy that you enjoyed your meal with us but are so sorry that you weren't happy with the service.
We take our service very seriously and always aim to provide attentive and friendly service and we apologise that it wasn't what you received.
Your feedback has been taken on board and we will be taking measures to improve on these areas to try make sure it won't happen again.
Unfortunately there isn't always seating available in our main restaurant due to a lot of bookings as we do highly recommend bookings, but this does not excuse the fact you weren't spoken to in a timely manor.

We hope to see you again so you can see the effort made to improve in these areas and enjoy our beautiful food once again.

Talisman Management