All reviews shuttle service common areas luxury hotel a great stay old city beautiful hotel alessandro terrace sunset town beach euros
Reviewed 31 August 2017

We have come back a few times and continue to find Alex and his staff very friendly and always willing to help. The best thing is the recent addition of a collaboration with a beach umbrellas set up which is much nicer that what is normally offered and there is a shuttle service as well. Ideal for people who expect a more Northern European way of doing things rather than the usual southern Italian chaos.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew G
Reviewed 11 August 2017

We had a great stay at this beautiful hotel. Alessandro, the owner, is very service minded and drove us to the old city and the beach. The rooms are also very nice and comfortable. The view from the terrace is fantastic!

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank hclineikro
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

This place is just great and I think you can't find any better in the area.
First of all the owners are great. I spent 10 days with my family and really enjoyed it. Alessandro is a great host: my kids were really fond of him. Emily makes the best cakes you can imagine eating at breakfast.
Recommendations given are genuinely the right ones. Secondly, the place is so clean that you feel even better than at home. Rooms are spotless, terraces and common areas cleaned daily with absolute perfection.
The amenities are good, bathroom is modern and clean. Rooms are also comfortable clean and functional. The view from the room is awesome. The bed is VERY comfortable and the bedsheets make you feel like going to sleep. Air conditioning works perfectly.
I recommend you listen to Alessandro for the beach. You get a special price for the Fortino beach which is less crowded and a little more exclusive than other beach clubs in Sperlonga. Best if you have a car to get there although Alessandro provides for a shuttle service to and from the beach.
Also, since the hotel is not in the old part of town, life is easier if you have your means of transport. There is also a cheap taxi service that takes you to town for 5 euros. If you are fit, it's not more than a 10min walk (but with a considerable uphill san on the way back). When I saw the cockroaches in Sperlonga one evening, I was even more happy to be at the Moresco!!
There is a good restaurant in the hotel called Cru. It is managed by other young fellows from Naples that cook new dishes with the traditional Neapolitan touch. My Neapolitan mom that cooks very well was impressed. So it is worth trying in a not too busy evening.
Wi-Fi is usually working but overall Sperlonga still has the old ADSL system so don't expect miracles.
Overall this place is worth staying at if you are in the area and certainly the best you can ask for.
Avanti così Alessandro e Emily! Alla prossima!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank FabioM744
Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

The hotel is quite charming with a privileged view. Everything is well decorated and comfortable. The owners are very nice and make their best to make you feel welcomed. I almost changed my trip to stay one more night here. I defined recommend it.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marcia A
Reviewed 7 May 2017

We had a great weekend for three days where we enjoyed the magnificent view and the hospitality of the hotel owners. The service was perfect and what to say...we will come back again next time.

Thank you!