All reviews lord edward kildare village walls are paper thin place to stay shopping trip family room separate building national stud edward hotel full irish breakfast double bed a lovely stay couldn't do enough room was spotless comfortable beds curragh racecourse staff were so friendly
Reviewed 14 August 2017

We found the room ideal for our requirements, had everything we expected. We had dinner and breakfast and got great food and value for money. Special mention for Beata who checked us in and was exceptionally friendly and helpful during our stay.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Spacekie
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Lord Edward is a separate building behind the pub / restaurant / night club that is Silken Thomas. It is right in the centre of town, very close to the Square though my sat nav didn't like 'The Square'. I was welcomed very warmly and quickly checked in. The lady changed my room to a quieter one when I arrived because the club was open that night (not sure what that said about me!) and I was given a spacious one with a huge superking-sized bed. The carpet felt and looked new which made it even more comfortable. The bathroom was large, clean and modern with a good shower. I ate in the restaurant in the evening and the food was OK with very large portions. There is a cut through walkway through to Kildare Village - the designer retail outlet - from the town centre. I was only staying here en route to Dublin airport on my way home. It was an easy 45 minute drive with very little traffic (make sure you pay for the toll online, either in advance or up to 8pm on the day you travel). As another reviewer has mentioned, the only down side is the rather thin walls - I could hear my neighbours talking and chinking teacups - and the loud slamming of the doors by some inconsiderate guests. That said, I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank lovegeog
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here many times and plan to stay many more. Never had a complaint nothing to complain about. Spotless and food delicious. Staff fab. So near Kildare retail only a few minutes walk away. Free parking and very easy to find.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sharon G
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here with family. Excellent accommodation spotlessly clean and comfortable beds. Would definitely stay again the next time I was going to Kildare. Did not eat at accommodation so unable to review.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Frances M
Reviewed 4 August 2017

In this charming guesthouse you're welcomed by the lady of the house. She advises you on what to do in Wexford and surroundings, gave us a perfect insight in where to eat and where to enjoy some live music.
The rooms we're renewed and charming. Because of the thin ceilings we could unfortunately hear another guest stumbling around from 6am... not exactly what we needed.
Happily, the breakfast was exquisite ! A abundant buffet with homemade bread, muffins and jellies... plus an 'à la carte' breakfast, freshly made.
Though the guesthouse isn't located in the heart of the city - Wexford is in fact small - we can say that is a good location to stay !

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple