“Birthday Lunch with Friends”

Cranelli's Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Cranelli's Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 120 Restaurants in Lone Tree
Cuisines: American, Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are located in the newly purchased Waterford (previously IMT) apartment complex. We have two specified parking in front of the door, any other spot that just states "retail parking" - besides Blue Mist and Trubucha - are fine to park at as well. If you park in the other two mentioned (even when closed) unfortunately they will tow you. Call for reservations!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This restaurant was a great find. We had excellent service, were greeted promptly, given a free garlic knots for our first visit, and our friend was given a free birthday cannoli! Lasinda (the owner) came out to greet us, and thank us for coming in! I loved this place, and plan on coming back VERY soon. The food was excellent! The garlic knots, the marinara sauce, and the pan cotta! Wow! I ordered a calzone for my husband to go, and it was gigantic and delicious. He loved the filling, the bread and the plentiful ricotta cheese. One more thing, the 70's music that was playing was A-MAZING! It created a great ambiance. Parking is not great, but this little place rocks! Follow your nose toward the garlic!

Cranellis, General Manager at Cranelli's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear guest!

Your review is spot-on what we strive for! (Except the parking of course!) We are thrilled you enjoyed your entire experience with us and we appreciate your kindness more than words can express!

We hope to have you back soon and we change the music from 70's to Disco to Hall n' Oats! We like to have fun around here!

Daughter/Manager

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First time visit. Made reservations based on favorable reviews. Arrived for dinner at 5:45, had reservations for 6 pm. No place to park anywhere nearby. Found parking in a remote lot half a block away. Seating not available till 6:15. Had to wait outside as there is no waiting area inside the restaurant, even with tables pushed very close together. Once inside found the noise level to be a loud roar. Absolutely impossible to have a conversation, even nearly yelling across the table. Waitress apologized. Said even she had trouble hearing and had to almost yell to communicate during busy times. Left the restaurant with eating. Won’t be returning. Recommend taking hearing protection if you go during busy times of day.

Lasinda L, Owner at Cranelli's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Wow Kim! I'm so sorry that we have upset you so much to leave such a review. I'd like to understand if you left on your own accord w/o eating or what happened there; you stated in your review that you "left the restaurant with eating", I'm not sure if that was a typo and if you meant to say "without eating". I just want to find out why you didn't eat. Allow me to give you a little history on us and how we have managed to be here in this location for almost 5 years. My husband and I who have been in this restaurant world for a combined 35 years found this location and made it our 2nd home; I should say this location found us, it's amazing how life works and points you in a direction you didn't even see going. We are so blessed to have become a restaurant that is this busy every night; I wish with my whole heart that I could make the space bigger, in fact, we did over 3 years ago by adding the awning onto the patio which encloses during inclement weather so we can have a makeshift waiting area and/or extra seating. We realized the parking was going to be a challenge but with education and communication we inform our customers where they can park and hopefully make it a bit easier. Try going downtown, you won't find a spot 1/2 a block from anything...gosh forbid we walk a little bit, especially after dinner being so full. I am sorry that we didn't seat you until 6:15pm, making you wait 15 minutes - it's certainly not what we aim to do; we give our reservations 1.5 hours to enjoy their time and eat their dinner, but sometimes they are enjoying their time with each other and end up staying much longer than anticipated. I would never interrupt your time and ask you to leave, so we patiently wait even though it makes you have to wait. I wish I could control that but I can't. We try and make your wait as pleasant as possible outside with the seating area that is out there; we do have a small waiting area inside but if it's full, than yes, you are correct, you have to wait outside - more for your convenience. The noise level does increase as we fill up, we try and do things about it with sound boards on the wall and opening up the doors once the sun as gone down a bit and it cools off but again, I can't control it. Obviously, we're doing something right to be this busy, and I am so proud of that. I wish we could be the place for you but it sounds like we will not be and that's ok, I'm not going to try and force you back. I do wish you well and know that I am appreciative of you at least trying us out after hearing such rave reviews about us. Take care, Lasinda

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had no idea it was so small. They have no parking. We had reservations for 6:30 p.m., table for 4. We had to wait 90 minutes to be seated. We were told the guests were “holding a board meeting” haha and not leaving. We watched several couples arrive and get seated before us. It was a cold evening and we suggested starting the fire heater which they did. Once inside it was so loud we could not converse. The waiter was excellent and comped us some garlic knots. They were out of lasagna. We had great salads. I was looking forward to the cannoli but it has an alcohol tasting chocolate syrup which drowned it. I would guess lunch would be easier than a weekend night. They have outgrown the location for sure. I would return for the food but never for dinner. Because of the great reviews we chose it during our visit. Our time would have been better spent elsewhere.

Cranellis, General Manager at Cranelli's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for taking time to write a review and thank you for your compliments. I do want to touch point on the "couples being sat before you" and just share that if you were a party of four; we simply could only seat parties of two at certain tables that couldn't be offered to you. I hope that helps as far as that perspective. The noise level is a challenge for us, as you can imagine we can't hush everyone ;) The cannoli doesn't come in contact with any alcohol nor does the chocolate syrup so please know, that was an odd anomaly! We sincerely apologize for the Lasagna being unavailable; as you can imagine we were out because it's a favorite contender. It's hard to hear the comment that you could have spent time "better elsewhere" when we are that small mom-pop shop that gives their heart and soul into their establishment. We sure hope that you see your dining experience supports and entire family and not some chain, we appreciate you and your business and would love another chance to show you why we do shine the way we do!

Hope to see you soon,
Manager/Daughter

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Cranelli's is a great find for local Italian food. It is located in a small space, so definitely make a reservation. As you enter the restaurant you are immediately in the dining area, and you think you came in the wrong entrance. The hostess will eventually notice you and take you to your table. The menu has all the usual Italian dishes. If you are counting carbs you will be able to substitute sautéed spinach for pasta in some entrees. The restaurant offers 1/2 and full orders of many entrees, and many gluten free options. Of course any substitution has an extra charge. My husband had gluten free ziti and I had eggplant parmesan over spinach. Both of our entrees were delicious and I would recommend them. Will definitely go back to try some other menu items.

Cranellis, General Manager at Cranelli's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2018

Dear Cheryl,

I first want to apologize about not being greeted right away - we try our best to make sure our hosting staff understand the importance of being immediately available to our guests! Besides that we just want to thank you sincerely for your great review, kindness and sharing! We sure do hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed 23 August 2018

What a great little restaurant! We enjoyed the food and atmosphere very much. Was not prepared for such a homey Italian place in Co!

Cranellis, General Manager at Cranelli's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2018

Thank you so much for your review Bobby! We are honored by your compliments and hope to have you back real soon!