“Great food, poor service”

Cranelli's Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Cranelli's Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 120 Restaurants in Lone Tree
Cuisines: American, Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are located in the newly purchased Waterford (previously IMT) apartment complex. We have two specified parking in front of the door, any other spot that just states "retail parking" - besides Blue Mist and Trubucha - are fine to park at as well. If you park in the other two mentioned (even when closed) unfortunately they will tow you. Call for reservations!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had no idea it was so small. They have no parking. We had reservations for 6:30 p.m., table for 4. We had to wait 90 minutes to be seated. We were told the guests were “holding a board meeting” haha and not leaving. We watched several couples arrive and get seated before us. It was a cold evening and we suggested starting the fire heater which they did. Once inside it was so loud we could not converse. The waiter was excellent and comped us some garlic knots. They were out of lasagna. We had great salads. I was looking forward to the cannoli but it has an alcohol tasting chocolate syrup which drowned it. I would guess lunch would be easier than a weekend night. They have outgrown the location for sure. I would return for the food but never for dinner. Because of the great reviews we chose it during our visit. Our time would have been better spent elsewhere.

Cranellis, General Manager at Cranelli's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for taking time to write a review and thank you for your compliments. I do want to touch point on the "couples being sat before you" and just share that if you were a party of four; we simply could only seat parties of two at certain tables that couldn't be offered to you. I hope that helps as far as that perspective. The noise level is a challenge for us, as you can imagine we can't hush everyone ;) The cannoli doesn't come in contact with any alcohol nor does the chocolate syrup so please know, that was an odd anomaly! We sincerely apologize for the Lasagna being unavailable; as you can imagine we were out because it's a favorite contender. It's hard to hear the comment that you could have spent time "better elsewhere" when we are that small mom-pop shop that gives their heart and soul into their establishment. We sure hope that you see your dining experience supports and entire family and not some chain, we appreciate you and your business and would love another chance to show you why we do shine the way we do!

Hope to see you soon,
Manager/Daughter

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Cranelli's is a great find for local Italian food. It is located in a small space, so definitely make a reservation. As you enter the restaurant you are immediately in the dining area, and you think you came in the wrong entrance. The hostess will eventually notice you and take you to your table. The menu has all the usual Italian dishes. If you are counting carbs you will be able to substitute sautéed spinach for pasta in some entrees. The restaurant offers 1/2 and full orders of many entrees, and many gluten free options. Of course any substitution has an extra charge. My husband had gluten free ziti and I had eggplant parmesan over spinach. Both of our entrees were delicious and I would recommend them. Will definitely go back to try some other menu items.

Cranellis, General Manager at Cranelli's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2018

Dear Cheryl,

I first want to apologize about not being greeted right away - we try our best to make sure our hosting staff understand the importance of being immediately available to our guests! Besides that we just want to thank you sincerely for your great review, kindness and sharing! We sure do hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed 23 August 2018

What a great little restaurant! We enjoyed the food and atmosphere very much. Was not prepared for such a homey Italian place in Co!

Cranellis, General Manager at Cranelli's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2018

Thank you so much for your review Bobby! We are honored by your compliments and hope to have you back real soon!

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were planning a date night. She’s a big fan of good Italian food and we’re a bit pressed for options down south.

When I saw the top rated place in lone tree was this place I knew I had to surprise her.

This place deserves all the five star reviews. The service was amazing (thanks Sam!!). Sam was knowledgeable about the menus and specials and took the time to give us some info about the place since it was our first time. The atmosphere was great as well.

I probably could have made a meal out of just garlic knots they were that good. I’m a huge fan of saltimbocca so when I heard about the special (chicken saltimbocca) I had to try it. Wow! I cleaned my entire plate, it was so good.

My wife can be a bit hard to impress but she thought her spaghetti marinara was delicious as well and was a big fan of the garlic knots too!

Long story short, we can’t wait to go back. Everything was fantastic, from the service to the food to the atmosphere to the prices.

Cranellis, Manager at Cranelli's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Dear Guest,

WOW on the review!! In this day, it can be difficult to come across such true, genuine kindness and it's humbling to read your words about our little family-owned and ran establishment! The words, thank you, can't even touch how grateful we are right now for you and your wife.

We look forward to thanking you in person someday soon!!!

Brittany, Lasinda and the Cranelli's Crew

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Excellent food and service. We had a party of 5 and everyone’s food was excellent. Great flavor to the dishes. Appreciated the many gluten free options. Waiter was helpful, personable, and extremely nice. However, small place that stays very busy so make a reservation.

Dear D R,

Thank you for the excellent review!!! Your kindness goes so much further than I could ever explain. We are family owned, family ran and your words go straight to the heart for us - so thank you so much for that!

We hope to have you back soon,