Recently returned from a fourteen night stay at at the Amirandes. Having stayed in three of their other five star Hotels we had a good idea of what to expect.
This Hotel beats them all, a first class package of what a five star hotel should provide. Only four years old it offers very good accommodation with modern furnishings throughout. Nice bedroom with bathroom and walk in shower, good air conditioning, fridge, safe etc.
We dinned in the Amirandes Mediterranean restaurant which had a upmarket feel to it, and enjoyed the food which was selective and well prepared. All of the staff try very hard to please you, and go the extra mile in achieving this.
If you enjoy the pool and beach you are not going to be disappointed here. Their system of sun beds and towels are the best I have ever seen. Get up in the morning, no rush as towels and beds are all set up for you at the pool and the beach. People coming to the pool area at twelve and one o'clock - beds inabundance, and the hotel was full. Good soft mattress with towels on the beach and no card or collection required - just chill out.
Nice beach in front of the hotel with areas on one side having canopy shade for the villa resisidents. Only ever saw four out of the twenty five in use - seems a waste.
We did notice that some ground floor garden rooms were not perhaps up to the standard of the other rooms, and these were numbered from rooms 5--- onwards.
So what's the catch. Euro zone prices, £9 for a glass of wine, £3.50 for a small beer, £32.50 for a decent bottle of wine and £3.50 for bottled water. We found a small supermarket just 500 metres up from the hotel with water 50 cents a bottle for 1.5 litres, seven times cheaper than the hotel. I think the Greeks are trying to get the tourists to bail them out!
Entertainment low key, but adequate and you need to eat at 7-7.30pm to gain a good seat in the open air restaurant or leave it until 8.30pm.
We are very hard to please, but during our fourteen night stay, we never went to reception once, only to pay the bill!
Go and enjoy it
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amirandes 5 star hotel in Crete, is a sparkling exclusive resort on the coast of east Crete. Themed around the lagoons that swirl through its centre, the luxury hotel in Crete covers a 70,000 sq m beachfront estate comprising of eight restaurants, sandy beaches, Elixir Spa with authentic Ayurveda treatments, outdoor Olympic-size seawater pool, over 60 private pools and extensive children's facilities. The sophisticated guestrooms suites and villas feature indulgent details such as private gyms, home cinema and state-of-the-art bathrooms with colour-therapy and aromatherapy Jacuzzi bathtubs. Refined and considerate service mirrors the Resort's meticulous attention to detail and utmost respect for the privacy of its guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia and Agoda so you can book your Amirandes, Grecotel Exclusive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grecotel Amirandes Hotel Gouves
- Grecotel Amirandes Amnissos
- Grecotel Amirandes Hotel Amnissos
- Amirandes, Grecotel Exclusive Resort Gouves, Crete