HOTEL REVIEW # 183 Gansevoort
MY TRAVEL STYLE: If possible, I try to stay away from business hotels and strongly prefer resorts that resemble the Four Seasons, Aman, and Oberoi but try to find similar properties at lower cost. I seek out the “wow” experiences.
LOCATION: Directly on an average beach and walking distance to a few local restaurants.
BEST WAY TO GET THERE: It was 180E round trip by taxi to/from the ferry port/airport. We rented a car for 160E for 6 days as it was less expensive and we were able to see other sights.
TYPE OF ROOM: Standard. Room was all white with almost no color and no pictures. Very boring. Highlight of the room is the oversized patio door that opens up all the way to make your bedroom almost feel like it is outside.
BED/SHEETS/PILLOW: Bed/sheets were good but nothing too special. Our bed was 2 twins (doubles) pushed together to make a larger bed (and beds were made separately). Pillows were not down pillows and were not very good.
LIGHTING: Excellent in bedroom and bathroom
BATHROOM/SHOWER: Nicest part of the room. Shower had excellent water pressure.
TOILETRIES: Very nice local Greek products.
CLEANLINESS: Entire hotel is spotless
A/C: Worked well.
COMMON AREA: Definitely beautiful at night with how it is lit up via fire and lights. Olympic sized pool was nice but too cold (like nearly every pool in Greece/Europe).
QUIET/MORNING LIGHT: Room was very quiet and all morning light could be blocked.
FOOD: Breakfast was good for a buffet (I prefer freshly prepared items) and there was lots of selection. Tip: Espressos can be ordered at no extra charge. We had a pizza one day for lunch that was not very good.
TV/INTERNET: Flat screen TV with about 3-4 English channels. TV could be bigger for the room. Wireless internet worked OK
SERVICE: Staff was very nice and there were only a few minor problems.
SUMMARY: Definitely a great place to stay if going to Crete. I preferred the Blue Palace Hotel much more than this property. I don't think Crete is all that great of a place to visit as the beaches are just OK and there isn't much to see.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amirandes 5 star hotel in Crete, is a sparkling exclusive resort on the coast of east Crete. Themed around the lagoons that swirl through its centre, the luxury hotel in Crete covers a 70,000 sq m beachfront estate comprising of eight restaurants, sandy beaches, Elixir Spa with authentic Ayurveda treatments, outdoor Olympic-size seawater pool, over 60 private pools and extensive children's facilities. The sophisticated guestrooms suites and villas feature indulgent details such as private gyms, home cinema and state-of-the-art bathrooms with colour-therapy and aromatherapy Jacuzzi bathtubs. Refined and considerate service mirrors the Resort's meticulous attention to detail and utmost respect for the privacy of its guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Prestigia, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Amirandes, Grecotel Exclusive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grecotel Amirandes Hotel Gouves
- Grecotel Amirandes Amnissos
- Grecotel Amirandes Hotel Amnissos
- Amirandes, Grecotel Exclusive Resort Kato Gouves, Crete