All reviews road noise the kitchen clean unit laundry facilities tv channels would stay again excellent stay ohope beach stayed two nights white island motel host internet comfort milk kitchenette tour
Reviewed 20 January 2016 via mobile

I stayed at this motel for 3 nights in their busy season. It's fantastic value and well worth it. I was in a studio block- it has a larve queen bed with bedside cabinets. A sofa, coffee table and a great TV. It had a curtained off wardrobe area and a nice American type kitchen and a table and 2 chairs. It had a separate bathroom with great shower. The complex had a hot tub which you can use, a separate laundry area, use of a gas barbi, free Widi and use of bicycles. The owners are so friendly and helpful but I was so impresed with the fact that the bed was remade even though I'd made it, I was given a fresh t.towel and kitchen cloth and a new hand towel and coffee,milk and tea supplies were replenished. I highly recommend this motel. I've stayed in many in New Zealand but this is one of the best!

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
gotokojo, Owner at Tourist Court Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2016

Wow ! Thanks for the positive review, I may stay here myself ! It is always nice to hear that our guests have enjoyed their stay and appreciate our units and service.
Hope the remainder of your time in NZ was as enjoyable.

Reviewed 8 January 2016 via mobile

My husbad and two kids stopped in here after a day of exploring, it was a cold and wet day so we were very happy to check in to this motel, the staff were lovely and helpful. Our room was very very clean. I have never ever seen a stainless steel sink shine so much in my life! I wish i took photo! The only thing i could say was that our large double bed was tiny we struggled to fit but we are both 6ft so it wasnt a huge surprise, and also our room seemed to get all the noise from next door, washing machine? People walking up the stairs? And since i could hear all that easily i kept telling the kids to be quiet incase other guests could hear us! A nob on the stove was broken but other than that we had a one bedroom apartment and it was a good price for our stay. Would consider again, thanks for our stay :)

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
gotokojo, Owner at Tourist Court Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2016

Thanks for choosing to stay with us. We always try and make our guests feel at home and make sure they get the most out of staying in our wonderful area. Not sure what the source of the noise could have been and the size of the beds generally fit most but it is something we will consider when we upgrade them next.

Reviewed 10 December 2015

Our stay was nice! We came in got settled nicely, reception were friendly. But what id like to say is thank god for fly spray. At about midnight i woke up to a cockroach crawling up my leg! I got up and used a lot of fly spray. I then went to the bathroom to get toilet paper to flush it down. Also another bug in there. (Id like to note all windows were shut). I spray that one quickly and it dies. I walked back into my bedroom. And theres another cockroach walking up the wall. I was really impressed until this happened. Its a shame. I understand that a place can't control insects. But for 3 to be in my room in the space of 2 minutes, is disgusting. Lovely people, very friendly, cheap. But the insects have to go!

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
gotokojo, Owner at Tourist Court Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2015

We too are disappointed that you had to deal with this event. We thoroughly checked your room the next day and thankfully found no further insects. We constantly spray the rooms to eliminate the possibility of insects but are at a loss to explain your experience.

Reviewed 23 September 2015

We can't too highly of our hosts. They were only to happy to provide us with all we needed and even offered to take us to a sightseeing location and pick us up after we had finished what we were doing rather than take our own car.
The motel was absolutely spotlessly clean and for the very first time we didn't have to wash anything before we cooked or ate off the plates. The unit was extremely comfortable and sunny.

Room tip: The top floor rooms particular near the road have the sun streaming in first thing in the morning. Wonderful on a cool day.
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
gotokojo, Owner at Tourist Court Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2015

Thank you for such a great review! It is always a buzz to have such wonderful guests who enjoy the opportunities this area has. We always try to make our guests stay as pleasant as possible. I was interested to see you had the sun follow you for the rest of your stay in N.Z. Perhaps you can allow us to win the World Cup!

Reviewed 14 September 2015

arrived 5pm on a Friday Night after booking ahead by phone
We were welcomed by Wayne the proprietor. He gave us a map of Whakatane and marked the route to follow into town and where we could find somewhere to get a meal. He took us to our room and showed us where everything was very helpful
Offered us Wi Fi which we declined
The room was very pleasant with large bed TV & small kitchen. Separate bathroom.
Everything was well maintained and very clean. Bed was so comfortable.
Complimentary Herald delivered next morning.
We would highly recommend for excellent service and price

Room tip: unit 2 morning sun
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
gotokojo, Owner at Tourist Court Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2015

Pleased you appreciated our service Robert. It is always nice to receive positive comments from our guests. Our units are good value and we maintain them to a high standard so that visitors enjoy their time in our wonderful area.