“Genuine Hospitality”

Tourist Court Motel
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Whakatane
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Warm, friendly and helpful hosts made the stay in a lovely clean and comfortable unit most enjoyable and a long day's trip around the cape on motorcycle. Thank you for the special too. Apologies for the delay in the making comment - no reflection on your great motel, just circumstances.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
gotokojo, Owner at Tourist Court Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

It's great that you remembered to write the review and we thank you so much. It's seem I am just as slow as responding and I apologise for that. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and you obviously got home ok. We will look you up if we ever get down to Nelson.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

A lovely warm and friendly welcome awaits you at this motel. The units are spotless,spacious,comfortable,have a well equipped kitchen including a most important coffee plunger. All this and reasonably priced too. We would defintely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
gotokojo, Owner at Tourist Court Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We love to make everyone feel welcome. We look forward to having you stay again.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

We were on a family trip around North Island for 2 weeks. I came before the check in time to see if I can leave my ice cream in their fridge as it was melting! Gladys greeted me with a cheerful tone and was very considerate. She offered me a 2 bedroom and i let me checked in immediately (I booked one bedroom). Thank you for saving my ice cream :D

The room was spacious, comfy and very clean! It was well-equipped with cooking facilities, lovely beds in electric blanket and wireless internet.

Overall, I had a wonderful stay and wished we had been able to stay longer. We all had a restful night sleep although the motel is situated next to main road.
Whakatane is a beautiful place itself!

Most memorable stay:
My mum forgot her jandals when we left. Gladys kept calling my phone and left a message for me. At that instance, I thought it must be dad calling.

Then my sis said "Mum, are you wearing your sandals?"
Mum replied "Of course! I'm wearing it now!" (while looking down to check)
Then, mum burst into laughter, saying "Actually, I'm barefoot now"

It was so funny! My mum actually left her sandals in the middle of the car park and sat in the car barefoot without picking up her sandals (She was too busy eating i guess)

Thank you so much Gladys and Kelvin!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your review of your stay with us. It was so funny to see the jandals in the carpark beside where the back door of the car was. Your mum must have got used to taking them off before she entered the unit because of our new carpet so thought she should do the same in your car. We look forward to having you stay again.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

We were on a motorcycle trip around the Cape. Nice place to stay. Units were very clean and bright.
The spa room was nice, it was nice to have a soak after a days riding

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

We appreciate you taking the time to write this review. Next time you come this way we would love to have you stay again.

Reviewed 15 March 2012

We stayed here on our rest day in the Great Escapade bike ride around the North Island. Our suite was recently refurbished, well equipped, very clean and comfortable, a most welcome refuge from the bad weather! The staff were very welcoming and friendly, and our continental breakfast was simple but fine.

Room Tip: Ask for one towards the rear, if possible.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
gotokojo, Owner at Tourist Court Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your cycle ride in NZ. The bad weather didn't last for long and of course now we have plenty of sunshine. It's a shame you missed the good weather in Whakatane.