“Nice place to stay in coromandel”

Anchor Lodge Coromandel
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Coromandel
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night. And it's very decent hostel. The place got a Hawaiian look and I reckon in summer is it a cool place to be.
The rooms and facilities were clean and the shower were hot and got an awesome pressure! Wifi cost 5$ per day. You although can use the spa and the pool. But when I ve arrived there, it was already closed.
They got a small lounge. They although offered a range of DVDs to watch for free. Sweet deal.

Cheers guys.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 3 July 2017

1.-Charge on my credit card without my permission-
When I checked out, I have returned the key and Regan (the hotel operator and reception) refunded my $20 cash deposit . Three hours later, he rang and asked that have I returned the key? I said "yes and you have refunded my $20", he said "But I could not find the key, so I am going to charge $20 on your credit card!!" and hang up on me...

2." Dirty carpet , lots of Ants on the wall and a not-working remote TV control", I mentioned these to Regan (the reception) on check out and he started to discriminate on my race, age abusively also thrown my luggage out of the storage after I paid.

3.Hot pool is not open and very small.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
regan a, Manager at Anchor Lodge Coromandel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

The only big mistake here is us not realizing there is a warning on the backpacker network about this guest and to accept her at your own risk. If only we had found this prior to her checking in we would have rejected this booking as it wasn't worth the hassle. If this site is used properly then it's great but when unreasonable people try to use it as a tool to get a discount then this is where it causes a problem. If any guest believes there is something wrong with their room, I want to know about it so I have an opportunity to fix any perceived problem. The wrong thing to do is to complain at check out and make a scene in the office, refuse to pay for accommodation and then threaten to write a bad review on this site. Guest checked in at 11am off the ferry and checked out at 10am the following day so plenty of time to let me know sum ting was wong. It would be like eating all of your dinner at a restaurant and then refusing to pay because you didn't like the taste. Our heated pool is working perfectly and is currently 25 degrees. Spa pool also working perfectly and is 42 degrees. I want everyone to enjoy their stay at Anchor Lodge and will do anything possible to make sure that happens. Have a great day everyone

Reviewed 27 May 2017

Nothing Special, but can't complain either.

Near 'town'.. tiny pool and hottub you might as well use...friendly staff and average facilities, but overall a bit expensive for what you get.

Nonetheless, you're not in Coromandel to be in your hotel anyways, great place to setup base for going out.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Travis C
Reviewed 23 May 2017

I was travelling with my parents & had my own bungalow. Adorable from the outside. Walk into the studio room that has a large and comfortable bed, a day bed in the corner and a nice kitchenette! The bathroom was plenty big enough for me as well. The hotel looks like a little paradise in the mountains and it truly is. Nice hot tub and pool.. nice view of the water & boats, even in the off season.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2017

This spot is not a bad stay - staff fine, facilities fine, walking distance to restaurants, bed and shower fine - it's just not special! I don't think it's great value for the money $ 95 - $ 100 per night would make it better value for money...

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coromandel
1 km away
Blue Marlin Apartments
#10 of 18 in Whitianga
1.7 km away
Coromandel Colonial Cottages Motel

Been to Anchor Lodge Coromandel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK