1,142 results
All reviews four poster bed main building afternoon tea warwick castle stable block stratford upon avon tudor building modern bathroom salford hall groupon offer steeped in history wowcher deal bar meals cream tea lovely hotel lots of character no hot water
Reviewed 7 September 2018

We have just come home from a 3 night stay in the Salford Hall. Please do not take notice of the negative reviews. The Hotel is beautiful with gorgeous grounds and a lovely garden area. Yes, the building does creak, but it is a 600 year old Grade 1 listed building so of course it will creak! For the people who complain about this, can I suggest that next time they stay in a 'Premier Inn' or similar as concrete does not 'creak' !!Our room (number 14) was in the main building and was fabulous. Brand new bathroom and four poster bed which was the most comfortable bed we've ever had in a hotel.. Staff were all helpful from reception to bar and restaurant (special thanks to the lovely Lucy, Katherine, Paula and the helpful girl at breakfast -we didn't get her name) All in all a fantastic stay and hope to see you all again one day.

Room Tip: Pay a little bit more for a superior room
2  Thank filojan
SalfordHall, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Salford Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Thank you so much for your kind review it was a pleasure to read and we are so pleased you enjoyed everything!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

I write this review at 6.30 in the morning after another poor nights sleep.

Salford Hall is a lovely old building, just what we like. The food is good and the staff are friendly. Our room is spacious and the bathroom is large,clean and well equipped though the water pressure is poor, especially for showering.

Our room is in the outbuildings which are also old with exposed beams but sadly the mattress is hard and uncomfortable and we keep being disturbed by people moving around in the early hours on creaking floorboards. This begins in the middle of the night and continues intermittently.

I dare say that most rooms do not suffer from this problem but we can only speak aswe find. Most unfortunate as we like Salford Hall.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has quieter floors in the room above.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on trip advisor.

I am sorry to hear that you did not have a good nights sleep, if this was brought to our attention we would have done our best to move you to a different room. I will definitely pass on your comments to our general manager and will suggest getting a new mattress.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the food and the service from our staff.

I hope this hasn't put you off coming back in the future.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

Afternoon tea with long standing friends at Salford Hall. Lovely venue booked on a Groupon voucher and good for the money paid. Monday so a bit quiet. Service ok but could do with a little attention as to what is on the stand. Would make it a bit more personal. Nice afternoon out.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent visit to Salford Hall.

I am pleased you enjoyed your afternoon tea.

I will pass on your comments to our front of house team and suggest making a change in the way our afternoon teas are served.

I hope we get the chance to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

This hotel may not be to everyone’s liking but I loved it. Some of the décor and furnishings do look a tad tired, the floor boards creak every time you breathe, and the structure of the building does mean that it feels like you’re in a maze.
However, this is a normal hotel run by normal people with no pretentions to grandeur. So often a hotel like this with a wonderful history and an impressive façade would be aimed at the snobbish end of the market.
I had a few drinks in the friendly bar, an excellent night’s sleep, and a lovely breakfast. Even though it’s an old hotel I didn’t hear any noise from the other rooms. I would definitely go again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay with us.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. The team work really hard to provide the highest standard of service for our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Great deal on Groupon for my dad's birthday.
It was a lovely sunny afternoon and no problem with sitting outside when we asked.
Beautiful building. Few steps up and down but this is a century's old house.
Nice friendly staff. Would return.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your review.

We are pleased you enjoyed your visit to Salford Hall and we hope to see you again soon.