“Good for an airport hotel”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Woolsington
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Could not be closer to the airport. Clean, good value for money (£65 for room with 3 beds)... originally booked for 2 people but given spare bed free of charge for a friend. Close to metro. However, bathroom small, thermostat in room not working (cold), loud pipes noises thoughout night, and charged £85 for room on leaving (however they did correct this when we pointed out their mistake). Would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
GMDoubletree_11, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2012

Dear charlottelovestravel, Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed our facilities and location to the airport. The rooms are great value but we do usually charge extra for a third person in the room.
I have pasted your comments onto our maintenance to check out and thank you for bringing these points to my attention.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Doubletree by Hilton the next time you are stating in Newcastle

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

Stayed here for just one night. It is an excellent, modern hotel right next to the airport terminal. The metro into the city center is also right next to hotel. The rooms are very clean, the bed was super comfy and the bathroom had a large walk-in shower. If you arrive by car, parking is free but you must let them know before hand.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Dear issy49, Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am really glad you enjoyed your stay with us especially our comfy sweet dreams bed and the close proximity to the metro for the city centre. We look forward to wecoming you back soon to the Doubletree by Hilton the next time you travel to Newcastle

Reviewed 26 April 2012

This is the closest hotel to the airport terminal building, and also very close to the Metro station.
It is obviously brand new, and is very clean, tidy and modern. The decor is inoffensive and a bit more exciting than Travelodge or Premier Inn. In fact the hotel feels much more upmarket than you would expect from the price (I paid about 60 GBP).
Check-in was fuss-free, my room (103) was quite large and was nicely decorated. The bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom was also very nice, although I found the shower above the bath a little cramped.
I was staying with a business colleague, and as we were both too tired to make the journey into the city for dinner, we decided to lounge around the hotel for the evening ! The bar was fine, and the restaurant was too. Our meals were very nice indeed - I had pasta and my colleague had veal. We were both impressed (and a bit surprised) by the quality of the food. Service was also very efficient and cheerful. The bill was a pleasant surprise too !
I got a good night's sleep, there was no aircraft noise, although I think some would find the air-con a bit noisy (but I think it could be switched off if you wished). Checked out extremely early so didn't sample breakfast.
I am pretty certain you could not find a better hotel around Newcastle Airport, and I will definitely stay again if I am in the area.

Room Tip: From looking at the hotel plan on the door, it would seem that room numbers 103, 106, 109 (and their...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Dear JCSide Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed you stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Newcastle and look forward to welcoming you back very soon

Reviewed 25 April 2012

I stay here usually when I visit Newcastle on business almost from when it opened as a hilton family hotel since I am a hilton honors member. I do feel that the busier this attractive hotel gets the less important you feel as a guest despite the welcoming efforts of reception, it seems to quickly disintigrate............. The online rates do not seem to match their internal systems somehow since I have twice encountered this recently and what is worse you stand accused of making the error as you try to check in bewildered at the end of a hard working day. On the last occasion the assistant manager got involved and was able to confirm my DBB rate was in fact how I made the reservation and not BB as I was adamantly being told by reception was the rate I had booked.......;... The room was then incorrect a twin not the king i had reserved again rectified. The asst. manager did buy me a glass of wine with dinner which i appreciated and was definately needed by this time. However I did have to wait almost 2 hours for a starter and main course pasta meal whilst being totally excellent quality as always was too drawn out. The 2 chefs were trying to satisfy the restaurant and room service orders which was really impossible when as busy as the restaurant can be, some main course diners waited over 1 hour for their food to arrive ........The staff were excellent at dinner but by contrast at breakfast are not and although self service they give the impression that they are not really interested in being there at all. I shall be at the hotel mid-may for 2 nights and I do hope that the excellence they aspire to is realised since I am afraid they are in danger of losing regular customers,especially since hilton are intent on raising rates so much recently.

Room Tip: all rooms are good but the air conditioning is inconsistant
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
GMDoubletree_11, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Dear chrisborne, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am really pleased that you enjoy the Doubletree by Hilton and coming back to stay again. I was disappointed that you haven't received the service and standards you would expect and can reassure you that these matters are being rectified.
We look forward to welcoming you back in Mid May to the Doubletree by Hilton

Reviewed 24 April 2012

My partner and I booked this hotel for it's proximity to Newcastle Airport prior to travelling long haul. I called ahead to check if we could leave the car at the hotel car park for the duration of our holiday, but it worked out even more expensive than the standard rate at the official airport car park, so I booked this online with APH and got it for around half the 'drive-up' rates. One thing I did note that the hotel offers free parking when you use one of the restaurants/bars - this would be useful next time I'm collecting someone from the airport. Check-in was easy, it's a fairly small hotel with 3 floors. The room was nice, with a comfortable bed - just what was needed prior to a few flights long haul. Decent shower too. We dined at Frattellis restaurant which is highly recommended even if not staying at the hotel. One item of concern at any airport hotel is aircraft noise, but we experienced none whatsoever. We also did not get chance to grab breakfast (as we had a 6am flight) so we can't comment - but any future travels from Newcastle Airport will definitely begin at the Doubletree by Hilton.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank s0lar

Dear s0lar, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and your meal in our restaurant before your early morning flight. We now do breakfast from 4.30am so hopefully you will be able to avail of this the next time you stay.
I am glad to read that you will make the Doubletree by Hilton the hotel of choice when you are departing from Newcastle and look forward to welcoming you back soon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woolsington
0.1 km away
Malmaison Newcastle
#13 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne
5.8 km away
Newcastle Marriott Hotel Gosforth Park
Newcastle Marriott Hotel Gosfort...
#34 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne
4.3 km away
Novotel Newcastle Airport
Novotel Newcastle Airport
#33 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne
9.1 km away
Sandman Signature Newcastle Hotel
Sandman Signature Newcastle Hote...
#24 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newcastle International Airport? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK