“Amazing”

Baked
Ranked #18 of 343 Restaurants in Hove
Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 13
Cuisines: Cafe
Description: Everything in life has a special time and we believe in using the freshest of ingredients when they're at their best and which we always try to source locally. Our team's passion and flair enables us to make the most of these gorgeous ingredients to provide simple yet creative and delicious dishes for your enjoyment. We believe that what you give to life you get back, and this is reflected in our core business values - local, sustainable and ethical
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Ive been here several times and always the food and the attitude of the staff has been wonderful. I ll be back again. 100% sure.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Cracking cafe in the heart of Hove. Although it was very busy and had to wait a while for the food, it was worth the wait. All cooked freshly, runny poached eggs and friendly service. Highly recommend.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed 10 February 2019 via mobile

My friend booked a table for 12 of us plus a toddler to have brunch. Service was lovely and the food was delicious!! I had the ‘perfectly balanced’ smoked salmon and avocado on gluten-free bagel with yoghurt and fresh fruit and a creme brûlée latte with cream and marshmallows - so yummy!!

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed 29 January 2019

I have already reviewed this place and praised it, and still kind of do, the service and food is great. But for me it is extremely off putting to go to an eating establishment to be surrounded by dogs! Now I used to own a dog until she passed away at a grand old age and I am also a great animal lover and bit of an activist. I certainly don't eat them or wear them in any shape or form including leather! Now when I had my dog I would not dream of going into a food establishment, I would take a seat outside if need be or leave her at home. But it seems these days certain places are being slack with letting dogs in. I don't want to be surrounded by other peoples dogs while eating food. It's unhygienic in many ways, some people are allergic and some people fear them. There was a time when dogs were just allowed in the bar area of a pub but now they seem to be every where. Even Weatherspoons have banned them due to the staff getting fed up picking up 'messes'. And whats more I saw one of the serving staff, a girl, stroke and caress a dog then without washing her hands proceeded in preparing drinks and taking dishes to customers. Like I said I had a dog and would make sure I washed my hands before dealing with food. And yes I am an animal lover and respect all dearly but it doesn't mean I want to eat my food surrounded by other peoples pooches!!!

Date of visit: January 2019
colinbW3837DA, Owner at Baked, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2019

Dear Manderiny

Thank you for your feedback. We do have two seating areas inside at Baked. Upstairs we permit dogs and downstairs we don't. This was intentional so to offer a dog free area. We don't have that many dogs that come to the cafe and I'm unsure why you feel there unhygienic in a food establishment. We don't permit them on the seats or allow them to be fed off any plates. They are at floor level, no where near the kitchen and the local environmental health team permit us to allow dogs, as they are confident in our approach to having them. All staff are trained to wash there hands after touching a dog and I will advise them of your comment. Hopefully we will see you back at Baked.

Best Regards
Colin

Reviewed 16 January 2019

When I lived in Hove (20 years ago!) there wasn’t anything nearly as good as this....maybe I should move back. Tried a vegan brekkie...absolutely delicious, and went back a few days later for heuvos rancheros........yum! Latte and chai latte tasty as well. It might look full but there is a lovely basement area as well as outdoor space on a warming day! I will be going back when I’m next in Hove actually!

1  Thank Jacqui T