“Delicious kebabs / rice!”
Review of Nayeb

Nayeb
Ranked #126 of 317 Restaurants in Hove
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 16
Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 27 August 2017

Absolutely love the chicken kebabs with rice infused with saffron and berries. The garlic and hot sauce they give with the meal is delicious and the staff is super friendly! I also enjoy their Shirazi Salad and Hummus!

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

I had the lamb kabob and was very good and good size .Tried lamb with rice and salad and was happy with that pick, crew is very friendly.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

I knew this place had to be good for takeaways as it was full of locals queueing for the daily dose of kebabs cooked while you wait on charcoal grills.

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

The worse experience ever since new management took over, the meat is never same as before and food is not money worth, the food taste is more like afghani than Persian, rubbish customer service and not hygiene, very expensive and not safe to go there with family or girl friend as the owner and staff kept staring & talk in different language within each other and most times been over charged. I will never go their as i caught the owner overcharging us at last visit about £20. I am sorry but i will call then thieves, please check the bill before paying.

1  Thank Yuvrajsinh C
Reviewed 27 May 2017

Went in here for lunch on a Friday, it was quite busy. I smiled at everyone and got immediate smiles back.

A very helpful and friendly man served us from Afghanistan. He also had a lovely smile!

It's like the league of nations here, many men from different Middle Eastern countries, all so friendly and taking time to chat to us.

We went for two starters to share between three of us - the salad oliviyeh (pronounced olly-vay said like day). I was taught how to make this years ago by a friend from Iran. When she said it was a salad with cold mashed potato I though yuck - but she insisted I try it and it was gorgeous! It was really lovely here - shame they don't make their own Persian bread, but the packet bread was good and served warm.

Portion sizes are really generous here. My husband and son had chicken shawarma with rice and salad for mains, which was a really big plateful of food and they really enjoyed it.

I had a small koobideh wrap - I got two quite large wraps, certainly not a small portion and this was only £4. Extremely tasty - lovely salad inside and I was asked what sauce I'd like and chose garlic mayonnaiase which was really lovely and complimented the meat and salad.

I also had doogh - it's a Persian yogurt drink, they have two types, one in a bottle which is fizzy and one in a carton, like a large single cream - this was really good and was £2 - I liked it so much I had another!

My husband and son had a can of apple tango and a bottle of orange fanta to drink, these were £1 each.

Lastly we shared a Persian ice cream between us which was lovely. I couldn't taste the rosewater in it but it had a lovely creamy taste and lots of pistachios which I love. It cost £3.50.

The loo is at the back, behind a door on the left. Be careful when you open the door, as there are 3 steps going straight down. It was fairly clean - could do with some paper towels for drying your hands as the hand drier was not working.

This place doesn't look brilliant from the outside and to be honest, this has put us off coming here before now. We decided to give it a try and we were all so glad we did as the food is excellent value for money, delicious and the service is very good.

There is an outdoor seating area but it has no cover or umbrellas over it.

There is lots on the menu for vegetarians.

We will definitely be returning here next time we go to Hove for our favourite butchers shop Canham & Sons, which is almost opposite this place.

I forgot to take any photos, will do this next time I go!