“Good”

Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

I had the lamb kabob and was very good and good size .Tried lamb with rice and salad and was happy with that pick, crew is very friendly.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

I knew this place had to be good for takeaways as it was full of locals queueing for the daily dose of kebabs cooked while you wait on charcoal grills.

Reviewed 27 May 2017

Went in here for lunch on a Friday, it was quite busy. I smiled at everyone and got immediate smiles back.

A very helpful and friendly man served us from Afghanistan. He also had a lovely smile!

It's like the league of nations here, many men from different Middle Eastern countries, all so friendly and taking time to chat to us.

We went for two starters to share between three of us - the salad oliviyeh (pronounced olly-vay said like day). I was taught how to make this years ago by a friend from Iran. When she said it was a salad with cold mashed potato I though yuck - but she insisted I try it and it was gorgeous! It was really lovely here - shame they don't make their own Persian bread, but the packet bread was good and served warm.

Portion sizes are really generous here. My husband and son had chicken shawarma with rice and salad for mains, which was a really big plateful of food and they really enjoyed it.

I had a small koobideh wrap - I got two quite large wraps, certainly not a small portion and this was only £4. Extremely tasty - lovely salad inside and I was asked what sauce I'd like and chose garlic mayonnaiase which was really lovely and complimented the meat and salad.

I also had doogh - it's a Persian yogurt drink, they have two types, one in a bottle which is fizzy and one in a carton, like a large single cream - this was really good and was £2 - I liked it so much I had another!

My husband and son had a can of apple tango and a bottle of orange fanta to drink, these were £1 each.

Lastly we shared a Persian ice cream between us which was lovely. I couldn't taste the rosewater in it but it had a lovely creamy taste and lots of pistachios which I love. It cost £3.50.

The loo is at the back, behind a door on the left. Be careful when you open the door, as there are 3 steps going straight down. It was fairly clean - could do with some paper towels for drying your hands as the hand drier was not working.

This place doesn't look brilliant from the outside and to be honest, this has put us off coming here before now. We decided to give it a try and we were all so glad we did as the food is excellent value for money, delicious and the service is very good.

There is an outdoor seating area but it has no cover or umbrellas over it.

There is lots on the menu for vegetarians.

We will definitely be returning here next time we go to Hove for our favourite butchers shop Canham & Sons, which is almost opposite this place.

I forgot to take any photos, will do this next time I go!

Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

We went here as a family (2 adults plus 9 and 8 year old) when visiting my mum who was temporarily in a care home in Hove. We wandered past, had a look at the menu and then had a look in the chiller cabinets inside and decided it all looked very nice... and as it turned out, it was.

We ate in. The staff were very welcoming. The decor was slightly plusher than your average kebab restaurant. The atmosphere was nice; there was only one other diner in the restaurant. There were interesting photographs of the wall, mostly of Afghanistan. The cutlery and crockery were all clean and perfectly fine for a meal like this. The toilet was... not great... adequate.

Food:

Whilst the chicken nuggets and chips for youngest was fine (rarely is this dish a gastro delight!!), the eldest ventured for the Shish kebab and rice which he absolutely loved. I had a mixed kebab (fantastic kofte and the excellent chicken doner) with the rice (nicely cooked with barberries) and salad (which was fresh as a daisy) and other half also had a really delicious chicken dish (the name of which I forget). The food was simple, fresh and nicely prepared. I would not hesitate to eat here again. I really enjoyed the flavours and simplicity. 5 stars for the food.

Well worth a visit if you're in this part of Hove.

1  Thank rikkelly
Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

I just love this place. Their chicken kebabs rock. And come with rice rather than chips. Which is great. And the rice is super tasty. A great stop for a healthy, quick take out.