“Excellent!”

Mekan Charcoal Grill Meze
Ranked #4 of 323 Restaurants in Hove
Price range: US$ 26 - US$ 39
Description: Mekan Charcoal Grill & Meze is a Hove based restaurant bringing you to unique tastes from Turkish, Mediterranean and Cypriot Cuisine.
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

We come to this restaurant regularly with friends and family, the food cannot be faulted not only are the portions above average but the quality of the food is amazing.
The staff also go above and beyond to make your whole dining experience one not yo forget.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

I am kind of constant customer in the Fishmekan now. And why so& because of food, because of staff and because of atmosphere. This one of the few places in Brighton you would like to come back to. Currently they changed menu and moved some starters to the mains. And this is the only issue i found.
However as for food quality and taste i can say nothing. I love this place and will suggest it to my friends.

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

Great evening! Calamari with tartar sauce as a starter was fabulous! I LOVE calamari and order it for starter everywhere I go and it is always different - at Fishmekan it is really really tasty. We have also ordered grilled sea bream and squid casserole - sea beam was my favourite out of two. Would easily be back for more deliciousness... btw staff is very pleasant and lovely

Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

We visited on Friday evening and liked the atmosphere of the restaurant when we walked in. After enjoying a drink we had our meal. We both went for the king prawn starter which was hot and delicious. I then went for the grilled octopus for my main course. The octopus was cooked really really well and was lovely and soft. The prices of the dishes are very reasonable compared to other local restaurants. We will definitely be recommending you to our friends.

2  Thank Kate K
Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

We visited on the recommendation of a friend as we love fish. The restaurant is really lovely inside and very spacious (it was a Monday in Jan) only 3 tables. The bread & broad bean pate was the best thing. We ordered some starters and a main course of the prawns with tomato. The starters aubergine/beetroot/chard some others can't remember all very oily and vinegary. some others which can't remember. The sea bass starter was ok but lacked flavour. It was all just ok not wow like I was waiting for. The prawns not very big were like pizza without the base in pastata sauce. The taste was just average and didn't excite. It was £69 with bottle of wine that's ok but we wont be rushing back. Not to our taste.