All reviewssuperior room with sea viewhotel is situatedenjoyed our staysandy beachesbreakfast roomwide choicemixed feelingshardwood floorsswimming poolleconstructiondunesrestaurantnetherlandsplayroompolderscarpet
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Nice view from the hotel on the sea.
And very good food at the restaurant Le Sommet.
But a lot of noise due to hotel extension building work.
No swimming pool, no sauna even if expected...
Poor breakfast for this type of hotel.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2017

First what we liked:
- Fantastic view of the beach; right next to a nice beach dining pavilion (Caricole). We came for the beach and were very satisfied with the proximity.
- The lobby decor is pleasant and it was good to have buffet breakfast included in the rate. There are many sweet and savory options and overall we were completely satisfied with breakfast.
- When I mentioned that our room did not include a Nespresso machine (all should), one was prompty brought over. They also left us wine and potato chips in response to my other comment (more on that below), which was appreciated.
- We had no problems parking. It was very convenient.
- We ate at Le Sommet - a bit expensive for what you get in my view but pleasant overall.
- Nice to have fruit and herb-infused water in the lobby.
- Guests get a box of cookies on check-out.
- I like the family run flavor of the hotel.

Now the negatives:
- When booking, I specifically asked for a room with hardwood floors (as those seem much newer and much better decorated, not to mention the health issues associated with old carpeting), and asked for a higher floor. I was told that they will try to accommodate both. We checked in less than an hour after check-in started, and yet our room had already been given away to someone else. The explanation given didn't make much sense, but there was no other option - the hotel was fully booked, so we had a lower floor room with carpeting, which I wasn't crazy about. The carpeting (a horrible brown) had several stains and the room's decor wasn't anything to write home about, certainly not at all like the beautiful blue and white decor in the hardwood floor rooms. I noted my disappointment and the smell that the room had as a result of the carpeting+no A/C, and they had housekeeping put in these scented reeds (a light non-offensive smell) plus the wine and potato chips. Fine, whatever, but the room was not at all what I was expecting, especially for the price.
- Construction all around. Apparently August 15 is not a holiday in the Netherlands? I was trying to enjoy the balcony a bit, but the loud drilling right next door wasn't really conducive to this.
- I saw in some materials for the hotel that during construction guests can enjoy reduced rates - I wouldn't consider EUR 220 per night reduced. Overall, I think the rates should be decreased further while this massive construction project is ongoing, especially given that the pool isn't available, and the spa services are more limited than usual as I understood.

On balance, I would probably come back after the construction is done (planned by December 2018) unless I find a better location perhaps in another Zeeland town or in Belgium.

Room Tip: ocean view
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Hotel-de-Blanke-Top, Eigenaar at Hotel de Blanke Top, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2017

Dear mrs. Giulietta,

Thank you for your review about your stay in our hotel. We are sorry to hear that we couldn we could not live up to your expectations. At the moment we do not have the availability of many rooms with a wooden floor, but this is no excuse for the mistake that was made by our reception team.

At the moment we are building our new hotel with lots of facilities, including an exclusive Spa area and swimingpool to give our guest a superior hotel experience. All hotel rooms will have wooden floors and high standards of comfort. When the hotel is completed and opened we will start with the renovation of existing part of the hotel to make sure it has the same standard of luxury.

We hope to welcome you again in Hotel de Blanke Top.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

The Hotel de Blanke Top is adding a new hotel next to this one, and there is another large building going up on the other side of it, so there's a lot of ongoing construction. Parking can be problematic. I had thought this building had already been renovated, but it hadn't. The carpets were dirty and stained, bathroom toilet paper was harsh and it was the only place we stayed that had individual sheets, not rolls of paper. There was an electric warmer towel bar in the bathroom, which was nice, though. The hotel is not air conditioned, and it was warm when we were there, but the water views were worth the extra price. The breakfast (extra charge) was nice and since there's nothing comparable for breakfast nearby, it was worthwhile. There was a Nespresso maker in the room, and a refrigerator (one bottle of water per stay was provided). I might come back in a couple of years; there weren't many hotels with water views in town.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr/Mrs. Wave,

Thank you for your time to write a review about your stay in our hotel. At the moment we are building a new hotel with lots of facilities including an exclusive Spa area and swimingpool to give our future guests a superior hotel experience. When this building is completed and opened we will start with the renovation of existing part of the hotel. The new hotel will be opened in december next year.

We hope to welcome you again in Hotel de Blanke Top.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

This hotel is situated on top of the dunes overlooking the sandy beaches and the North sea at Cadzand-Bad.
We had a superior room with sea view and a balcony, it was spacious and clean.
We really enjoyed our stay in this hotel. The staff was very helpfull, they serve really great breakfast buffet with wide choice of fresh and local food in a nice breakfast room with lovely seaview.
There is also a playroom for the kids right next to the breakfast room. The restaurant 'Le Sommet' is highly recommend for dinner.
Unfortunately the swimming pool and wellness aera was in construction during our stay. A new big second house will be added to the Hotel til 2018

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room with a seaview.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your nice review about your stay in our hotel. We will give your complements to our team. We are looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel.

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

We had a superior room with sea view and a balcony. The room was beautiful, and the view just breathtaking. Very quiet and calm in the middle of nature.
The room offers everything you need. The service was great and all people working at the hotel were really friendly. We are coming back for sure!!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple