All reviews sea view rooftop pool bar staff dance floor saga holiday kettle and cups most nights english night euros per week sea front small pool quiet road pebble beach opposite direction older clientele seafood night sunbathing area
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely room with a sea view, which was spectacular...the beach at Albir is lovely and not as overcrowded as others nearby. The hotel Staff couldn’t do enough for us! They were very friendly and efficient. We had half board, and the choice of food on the buffet was huge, meaning that everyone can find dishes they like. The room was nice and spacious enough. We liked the big bathroom counter and the bathroom lighting was very good. Highly recommended if you’re near Alfaz de Pi!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

The pool area is in desperate need of some TLC , the sun beds really old and dirty , no umbrellas on either of the pools. The restaurant needs to extend the evening meal times as 8 pm till 9.30 didn’t work for us as everybody was going to eat at same time and had to queue for food it felt like in school canteen and couldn’t get a table sometimes . On the plus side our room was very pleasant , nice comfy bed although we had to pay 10 Euro for use of the fridge but would not class this as a 4 star as have stayed in better 3star than this.

Reviewed 12 September 2018

I sent various emails asking for a 1st floor room as I have a phobia for lifts but was given a room up 6 flights of stairs. I rang reception and Josef was most helpful and moved us to the 1st floor the next day. This was obviously inconvenient but I was very happy with the 2 nd room & settled in very well. Josef was very friendly & helpful. The rooms are very spacious & a lovely comfy bed. If you ask for the contents of the fridge to be removed then there is no charge. The food is very good but I am Lactose Intollerant & there wasn't a lot of choice of pudding for me. There was some L.F. Yoghurt but as these were mixed in with the ordinary yoghurts they were all taken by Wednesday & not replaced which only left me with either jelly or fruit. The L.F. Yoghurt should be separated from the rest. I do think they could have made a rice pudding or egg custard using Lactose Free milk. On the last day there was some jacket potatoes but they were covered in butter so I asked the waiter if they could provide me with a potato from the kitchen without butter but he said it wasn't possible. However I would gladly return to this hotel which is very nice and very comfortable and Albir is a nice clean resort. Just wished I could have had more choice of food for me. I do think the hotel should provide a non slip mat for standing in the bath as its quite slippy.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a lovely sea view
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2018

I will start with the positive aspects of this hotel.
Food great with themed nights such as seafood, Norwegian,British. If you can't find something to enjoy then you are extremely picky. The restaurant chef provides a great selection of meals, even gluten free or vegetarian.

The location is great across the quiet road to the beach

Pool although not the largest is big enough to excercise in, with the sea over the road if you want to swim the Mediterranean.

Close to several restaurant bars if you want to enjoy the area, although the bar in the hotel can cater for most needs, with a lovely view of the beach and surrounding coast.

Beds were comfortable as long as you enjoy a firm bed. Views from most rooms not bad, although if you want a better view, the fourth or fifth floor wood be better.

It has a rooftop solarium with loungers and a small pool, which is ok for a quick dip.

BAD POINTS

Although we had a side sea view room on our documents, we were put into a rear room, which is only suitable for reps, staff or perhaps a late transfer. We immediately went down to register our complaint with the hotel staff and I was staggered to receive a verbal comment of " that's all we have, you will have to come back tommorrow". No apology, almost as though it was my fault I dare to ask for the room I had booked.

Next morning we went down to reception, the same male receptionist insisted we bring our case down to the reception even though they said it would be on the same floor. " AS THAT was the way it was done", meanwhile I noticed upstairs staff were helping another customer to move.

We asked to talk to the manager, who basically said " What do you want me to do"
Luckily it was my wife who had went, otherwise I would have told her exactly what she should do.

So we dragged our cases down to the reception, 3 floors below and waited for our room.

A Few hours later we went back to see if our new room was ready only to be told by the same male receptionist, who had obviously forgot his previous statement, and Asked if we needed any help to move from room to room, " as it is on the same floor " .

I honestly could have had to spend the night in the local jail, if my wife hadnt taken me to the side.

We eventually got our room, but no.. Apology, no attempt to recompense the customer

We decided to get the mini bar, 10 euro. It was set up for us, later that day I noticed it wasn't working.

I went down to ask if it could be looked at.
Went down the following day asking if it was on the list to fix.
2 days later it was fixed, again no apology, nothing.

What was worse, we did meet other customers who had also had the same treatment, .one of which had been a regular customer for 10 years.l

Obviously they dont want our money, which seems to be the only thing they do want, as everything costs from the Internet, to a kettle for a cuppa.

Good news is that they won't be getting any more money from us as I will not be back again.

Oh and as an aside , I noticed a previous review stating that the staff would be told about their rudeness to customers. Obviously worked.... NOT.

Just to make any readers aware, that we had three customers complaining to our rep. This was only one week, and only one rep

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. Go elsewhere, or until a new manager and one particular male receptionist have been removed.

Some of the staff are very nice, however most must have been on holiday when we visited.

Room Tip: Higher floors will have a better view as on both sides, buildings are up to third level.
Reviewed 9 September 2018

Have just returned from a really enjoyable couples holiday in the hotel. Staff were really helpful, rooms clean, beds comfortable, really quiet, we were half board and were particularly impressed with the theme nights in the restaurant - a little busy at times - but lots of choice on the buffet.

Room Tip: We, like many others were in a side sea view room - nice to hear the sea rolling in in the mornings when you open the door onto the balcony.