All reviews sea view rooftop pool bar staff dance floor saga holiday kettle and cups most nights english night euros per week sea front small pool quiet road pebble beach opposite direction older clientele seafood night sunbathing area
Reviewed 12 September 2018

I will start with the positive aspects of this hotel.
Food great with themed nights such as seafood, Norwegian,British. If you can't find something to enjoy then you are extremely picky. The restaurant chef provides a great selection of meals, even gluten free or vegetarian.

The location is great across the quiet road to the beach

Pool although not the largest is big enough to excercise in, with the sea over the road if you want to swim the Mediterranean.

Close to several restaurant bars if you want to enjoy the area, although the bar in the hotel can cater for most needs, with a lovely view of the beach and surrounding coast.

Beds were comfortable as long as you enjoy a firm bed. Views from most rooms not bad, although if you want a better view, the fourth or fifth floor wood be better.

It has a rooftop solarium with loungers and a small pool, which is ok for a quick dip.

BAD POINTS

Although we had a side sea view room on our documents, we were put into a rear room, which is only suitable for reps, staff or perhaps a late transfer. We immediately went down to register our complaint with the hotel staff and I was staggered to receive a verbal comment of " that's all we have, you will have to come back tommorrow". No apology, almost as though it was my fault I dare to ask for the room I had booked.

Next morning we went down to reception, the same male receptionist insisted we bring our case down to the reception even though they said it would be on the same floor. " AS THAT was the way it was done", meanwhile I noticed upstairs staff were helping another customer to move.

We asked to talk to the manager, who basically said " What do you want me to do"
Luckily it was my wife who had went, otherwise I would have told her exactly what she should do.

So we dragged our cases down to the reception, 3 floors below and waited for our room.

A Few hours later we went back to see if our new room was ready only to be told by the same male receptionist, who had obviously forgot his previous statement, and Asked if we needed any help to move from room to room, " as it is on the same floor " .

I honestly could have had to spend the night in the local jail, if my wife hadnt taken me to the side.

We eventually got our room, but no.. Apology, no attempt to recompense the customer

We decided to get the mini bar, 10 euro. It was set up for us, later that day I noticed it wasn't working.

I went down to ask if it could be looked at.
Went down the following day asking if it was on the list to fix.
2 days later it was fixed, again no apology, nothing.

What was worse, we did meet other customers who had also had the same treatment, .one of which had been a regular customer for 10 years.l

Obviously they dont want our money, which seems to be the only thing they do want, as everything costs from the Internet, to a kettle for a cuppa.

Good news is that they won't be getting any more money from us as I will not be back again.

Oh and as an aside , I noticed a previous review stating that the staff would be told about their rudeness to customers. Obviously worked.... NOT.

Just to make any readers aware, that we had three customers complaining to our rep. This was only one week, and only one rep

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. Go elsewhere, or until a new manager and one particular male receptionist have been removed.

Some of the staff are very nice, however most must have been on holiday when we visited.

Room Tip: Higher floors will have a better view as on both sides, buildings are up to third level.
Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2018

Have just returned from a really enjoyable couples holiday in the hotel. Staff were really helpful, rooms clean, beds comfortable, really quiet, we were half board and were particularly impressed with the theme nights in the restaurant - a little busy at times - but lots of choice on the buffet.

Room Tip: We, like many others were in a side sea view room - nice to hear the sea rolling in in the mornings when you open the door onto the balcony.
Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2018

Definitely NOT a 4* !!(More like a 2*)
Apart from the fact it was VERY dated, they had lovely comfortable beds (if you like sleeping on concrete!!!) my wife suffers from a bad back so there was no way she could sleep on that bed! when we complained they got housekeeping to put on a topper but it hardly made a difference so we complained again! They claimed the hotel was full so they couldn’t move us to another room and once we stated that we couldn’t sleep in that bed and requested a refund they refused us! We checked in at 3pm and checked back out at 4-15pm! So we paid just short of €160 for a night in a hotel that we couldn't stay in!!!
For anyone else thinking of staying here then don’t pay when you check in like we did!!
Would not recommend!!!
The only thing going for it is the fantastic location just across the beach in beautiful Albir.
This hotel should take a leaf out of The Sun Palace Hotel in Albir, and the Cookbook Gastro Boutique hotel in Calpe - both of which ARE 4* hotels!! and where customer satisfaction was their top priority!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2018

Hotel Kaktus Albir is a lovely hotel ideally situated for a chill out pleasant holiday. Albir is beautiful, very clean with a good choice of restaurants and bars. The hotel staff are very helpful and welcoming. The restaurant offer a good selection of foods and have theme nights. We had a front sea view suite with a huge balcony (2 adjoining double rooms with lockable door) each with its own bathroom facilities. You do have to request a kettle in your room and provide your own tea,coffee etc. Mini fridge is available at 10 euro and this included a selection of drinks. Rooms are cleaned every day.

Room Tip: Suite 4 rooms 416 and 415
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
Reviewed 18 August 2018

I stayed in what they class as a disabled room the only thing disabled about it was the door ways was wider, there was no grab bars next to the toilet. the shower Leaked their was a grab bar in the shower that was it. The food was terrible the decor in the room looked like it had not been updated for the last decade they say NO. scooters in the room but all the walls and the door ways was badly marked as though in the past scooters had been allowed. They had NO English TV even though they say in somebody else's comment that they do when I asked at reception they said they never have had english TV. It is such a shame because the hotel is in a lovely position right across the road from the sea between albir and altea they could make it so much nicer

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple