All reviews sea view scrambled eggs and bacon restaurants and bars hotel is in a great location recommend this hotel three courses served lovely a couple of minutes walk air con continental breakfast three nights lovely beach pleasant stay hot food great holiday enjoyed our stay excellent value for money
Reviewed 2 April 2016

I went to check this Hotel out in November 2015 for my 84 year old fathers visit to see me, at the end of Feb 2016. The staff where fantastic !! I told them that my dad would like a room with a balcony in the sun and a sea view....i was given access to 3 different rooms and told to choose the one i thought he would like the most, which i did.......i went to book and the lovely lady on reception informed me that in Feb there was a special offer on.....the room would be for 2 people, including breakfast......dad duly arrived a few months later around Feb 22nd for 6 nights.....the saff were amazing......always happy....always courteous and nothing was ever to much trouble.....the continental breakfast was amazing.....always fresh and so much choice.....i can not recommend highly enough.....will be booking again without doubt.....Thank you for caring.x

Room tip: Top floor less noise
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank debbie_0077
Reviewed 18 February 2016

We have stayed here several times over the last few years and always enjoyed our stay. The staff are friendly, the rooms are clean and the atmosphere in the bar/cafeteria area really nice. I booked a larger room and it was really nice and spacious I think maybe these rooms have had a make over. The bed was really comfortable and we had the best nights sleep in ages. In January it seems most of the Guardamar restaurants are closed for holidays so we decided to eat in the hotel although there were a few people staying we were the only couple in the dining room....alarm bells. We ordered from their dinner menu a starter of mushroom and onion crustini with goats cheese.....it was horrible...slime on toast so hard it was inedible, main course fish which was ok served with potato and slimy asparagus wrapped in ham which looked as though it had been around for days....dessert...ice cream not a lot you can do wrong with that! The waiter was so lovely but the food was dreadful. The breakfast was a self service buffet which was fine. We really like this hotel and find it value for money and will stay again but avoid the restaurant food. The hotel is seriously letting itself down on its food and could do so much better ..... such a shame.

Room tip: Book the larger room and if staying for a few days try and get on the south side if you like the sun on the balcony.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2016

This is a Spanish hotel, staff are friendly and helpful (their English is limited but a lot better than my Spanish). The rooms are clean and functional (my safe wasn't working - small point). We didn't eat at the hotel but drinks and snacks were good - breakfast is good (for a 2 star). We were a group of 10 and there were no complaints and for the price we got (out of season) this was excellent value for money.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 February 2016

Went to this hotel on a nostalgic birthday visit to the first place we came to when purchasing property in Spain.
Our original hotel where we stayed was closed for refurbishment. We found the staff very friendly and helpful but it certainly helps if you speak a little Spanish.
Most of the rooms seem to have a good sea view from the balconies and were light and airy and were very warm unlike some other hotels where we have had a winter stay. The beds, for some tastes, were a little on the hard side but otherwise comfortable. The breakfast was a buffet style and mostly of the continental fashion. The seating arrangements seemed a bit chaotic and one poor waiter rushed about trying to keep everyone happy! Fortunately the hotel wasn't too busy. We managed to park our car outside in the main street but I would think it could be a problem in the summer as Guadamar operates a blue zone parking system which must limit available parking considerably. The hotel is very near the beach and a large number of cafes and restaurants but in the winter the vast majority of these close at dusk. During the day they all seem to do well and a good variety and selection of food and drinks are available. The hotel does a set menu at lunch and the evening meals. Very economically priced and five or six courses. For those who enjoy Spanish food and cooking it's very good value and a bottle of reasonable quality wine (or water) are thrown in for good measure. The restaurant can be used for wedding, birthday functions etc in the afternoons and there is no warning given when booking--- so hungry travellers beware! There was actually a birthday function happening when we arrived complete with brass band the lot!-- However basically the hotel was quiet and without noise problems. Probably in the summer it could be noisier as there is an outside concert platform next to the swimming pool. Finally we enjoyed our short stay but for longer and more buffet style meals we would look elsewhere.

Reviewed 19 January 2016 via mobile

This was my first stay at this hotel,I was located on the first floor.Every day I was awoken by the movement of furniture from the floor above.On the Saturday of my visit I was not told there would be a birthday party in the function room.On that night I went to bed early as I had not been feeling well,I fell asleep around 9 pm and at 10pm the noise started and there it stayed until about 2am,then the noise of furniture started again on the upper floor so I got off to sleep again at 3.30am.I raised this with the manager and of course she said sorry ant that I should have been put in a higher room,but the damage had been done.I asked if she could adjust my bill for the inconvenience but when I checked out nothing had been done.So as you can imagine my opinion of this hotel and service is low.I would recommend any one intending to stay to ask for a room away from the function room.

Trip type: Travelled with family