All reviews nice hotel lounge area rooms are spacious car park sauna pyrenees skiing bath
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

We went here family of four, very friendly and helpful english speaking reception, ski rental shop direct in hotel, rooms clean and nice breakfast buffet. Free parking and wifi. When we go back to Baqueira for skiing will most likely stay here.

Stayed: February 2018
Xacobe B, Director General at Tryp Vielha Baqueira, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2018

Dear mfl1969,

It is a pleasure to read that you will stay with us again when you come back to this charming spot in Val d'Aran; this is without a doubt the best reward to our dedication.

On behalf of the entire team, thank you for investing some minutes in reviewing us, as it is crucial for us to know from first hand the impressions of our guests.

We are delighted to know that your family enjoyed our facilities and buffet, and found helpful the service provided by our staff, which is our best asset.

We cannot wait to welcome you again in the near future.

Warm greetings!

Xacobe Bartolome

Reviewed 17 February 2018

I've stayed at this hotel several times, this time we took a suite. I didn't consider this an upgrade to a premium room - the bed is smaller, there's no kettle and no bathrobe. You get two toilets though. It's great for a family with children but I'll go back to premium. I've lowered my score this time because we had no hot water one morning - that's not acceptable, also they still have the silly kettle at breakfast. Breakfast is great and there's a big choice but there's a kettle for hot water which takes ages to boil and the staff are forever going backwards and forwards filling it up. Please get an urn. It would be more efficient. If you book directly through Melia they give you 10€ a day credit to be spent in hotel but you have to ask for it when you book otherwise it's a bit of a fight to get it. Spa is nice although small and it costs 8€ a day to use it. You also have to wear swimming cap and flip flops. Spa should be free for guests. Parking is handy and free

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear GlynisHowgego,

First of all, we would like to thank you for your loyalty on TRYP Vielha Baqueira once again to enjoy your holidays in Val d'Aran, as well as for sharing your thoughts with this community.

We regret that this time we did not reach your expectations as we used to do, but we assure you that we will have into consideration every single of your comments in order to take corrective actions with the purpose of improving our service, as our aim is to provide our guests a memorable experience with us.

Moreover, I personally want to apologize for the inconvenient caused by the lack of hot water one morning during your stay, as that responded to a fact that was beyond our control, which our Engineering Team did their best to fix as soon as possible.

On behalf of the entire team, we are looking forward to welcome you back on the next season and have the chance to surprise you and your family.

With our best wishes,

Xacobe Bartolome

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for 7 consecutive nights from 4th of February 2018.

My first reaction to the hotel was quite underwhelming but with time it grew on me. I must say the front of house staff win me over. The receptionist have great customer skills, extremely attentive, willing to go an extra mile to accommodate it's guests, great at guiding about local food and pubs.

I stayed at the 4th floor facing a massive car park. Just a bit of advice for the people like me who hate loud noises please avoid rooms facing this car park as it can get extremely noises from 7am till 6.30pm. The fact that it was snowing heavily the car park authority had a massive annoyingly noisey automobile to clear the snow.

Let's get back to the room. It was massive, clean and plenty of storage space. Bathroom is considerably OK and yes it dose have a bath plus shower. The only let down was non existences of an electric kettle. However, the staff was kind enough to arrange a kettle for me on request.

Breakfast room! Well well well where should I start from. It's an extremely out dated space which is crying for an update. The horrible wood paneling, cheap flooring and tacky purple led lights made me very uncomfortable as I like modern and bright space for breakfast. Let's discuss the selection of food and drinks. They have an ample of variety. However, it's lacking the quality. Coffee machine is extremely outdated and produced one of the worst coffee I ever had. Selection of warm food made me a bit sick at the first instant as everything was dripping in oil and looked cold. Luckily my Spanish friend asked the staff if they can make some fresh eggs for us to which they promptly obliged. Quality of cheese and bread is OK.

I would have given this hotel 3 stars but because of the expectational quality of services I have received I can't give it any less than 5 stars. I cannot wait to go back and stay in the same hotel but would expect to see an upgraded breakfast space and offerings.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Umais R,

First of all, we can do nothing but thank you for such a detailed review about your recent stay at TRYP Vielha Baqueira. We very much appreciate how you consider that the service provided by our dedicated human team is beyond any other aspect.

Nevertheless, all the points mentioned are going to be discussed with the respective department heads, in order to find those areas where we can take actions with the purpose of keeping working in our continuous improvement process.

Our aim is to provide our guests a memorable stay and we are happy to know that in this case, we accomplished our mission.

It will be a honor to be your hosts again on your next visit to Val d'Aran and cannot wait to welcoming you back!

Kind regards on behalf of the entire team,

Reviewed 5 January 2018

You have to pay extra16 euros for use of the sauna which was stated at no extra cost in the description A kettle in the room as I learned from the staff is only for ‘premium customers’ which I consider as a very basic standard, nothing premium here. Also as a 4* hotel not giving a complimentary bottle of water, bathrobe, slippers etc is not up to any standard for a 4* hotel. Paid more than 250€ a night... you can find much better around for much less.

Room Tip: Room 123- broken window... might be bothering in winter time
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International
1  Thank Peter P
Xacobe B, Director General at Tryp Vielha Baqueira, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Dear Peter P,

First of all, thank you for residing with us during your holidays in Valle de Arán, as well as for taking some minutes to write about your experience at our hotel.

On behalf of the entire TRYP Vielha Baqueira's Team, we are very sorry that we did not reach your expectations regarding our services, even though we tried our best from the first second that you expressed us your dissatisfaction in relation to the extra cost for the Spa, when we kindly offered you to make use of this service for free during your stay by courtesy of the hotel. However, we regret that this gesture was not enough to please you.

On the other hand, we would like to highlight that for us, every Guest is considered as Premium; we never make any difference among our Guests. In this sense, we are sure that this has been just a misunderstanding.

Nevertheless, we invite you to take a look at our website, where you can check the differences between our room categories and their attributes.

Finally, we hope to have the chance to welcome you again in the future and restore your confidence in our hotel.

With our best wishes,

Reviewed 30 September 2017

Carpets at elevator on the floors are horrible. Even on top floor smell of fish from dining room. Check in was too slow. Breakfast not good. cheap. too busy. no views in stale basement.
we had suite with stairs and rafters were too dusty. was okay room. good value but i would stay in cuter town of Artes or Salardu or Boi or Taull. Vielha is big and not as charming as these smaller places. But depends if you want more city life feel. we came to country to get away...
Convenient location to walk to dinner restaurants and nearly anything in town.
This place is in bad condition and desperate for refurbishment and fix that awful dining smell. Also pool chlorine smell is strong.

very loud bird noises from our room. more of view of parking lot. i am in teh mountains and would search for a mountain view or feel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Xacobe B, Director General at Tryp Vielha Baqueira, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Dear lajolla1,

First of all, we really appreciate your comments regarding your last stay at our hotel.
It is very important to us that you let us know what you did not like about your stay, as this helps us to identify improvement areas. Be sure that I will analyze all the critical points one by one with my team.

On the other hand, we are glad that you enjoyed our convenient location in the heart of Vielha.

We hope to be honored with a second visit of you in the future, to have the chance to surprise you.

Kind regards from "Valle de Arán",