“disgusting”
Review of Riosol Club

Riosol Club
Ranked #36 of 37 Hotels in Playa Blanca
Reviewed 22 February 2011

bungalows were very run down food was awful entertainment rubbish i would not let the devil stay here staff terrible dont go here it was the holiday from hell and i go on holiday regular but never seen anything like this in my life

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
6  Thank nancyd123456

Reviewed 1 November 2009

Having travelled here with my 18 year old daughter for a week break, I can honestly say it was disgusting. At around £380 each I wasn't really expecting luxury but basic, clean and secure accomodation.
Having arrived at around 2.00am in the morning, the outside looked ok, but we were so wrong!
We were allocated an apartment as there was just the 2 of us, which wasnt a problem, until we saw it, once we had managed to find it in the dark and managed to get the front door open as it had swollen and was jammed, the inside was disgusting and although I don't have a dog I wouldn't let one sleep in it. The safe had no door on it and the rear door wouldn't open.
We went back to the reception and were given another apartment, once again we struggled to find it, and when we got in to this ground floor apartment, there was again no door on the safe and the window in the bathroom was hanging off allowing access to anyone as this backed onto open public wasteland, I didnt feel this was secure and returned to reception. The receptionist was very off hand and not helpful at all and said that the only accomodation she had left was a bungalow. She did say that wasn't sure if it had been cleaned or not, but it was our only option, and as it was now 3.30am I just wanted to go to bed.
It turned out that it hadn't been cleaned and the sheets stank of stale sweat and stale cigarette smoke and guess what there was no door on the safe!!
In the morning i complained to reception and said that it hadn't been cleaned and she refused to allow us clean sheets as they were only changed at the beginning and the end of the holiday! So I washed them myself and hung all the bedding out to air, we even put the mattresses outside to air as they were rank!!!
Despite this apparently being the only accomodation available the place was probably only half full, I think the receptionist knew the place hadn't been cleaned and this was our punishment for complaining!
Then there was the food, it was disgusting, not hot, just luke warm, they even provided a microwave to heat it up!!! We survived on bread for most of the holiday and I managed to loose 1/2 stone, especially when I braved the chicken dish one night and lost even more weight as I had food poisoning!!!
I quite often read reviews and think that perhaps the people were expecting 5 star home style standards, I have been to lots of places all around the world, including youth hostels and have never encountered anywhere as dirty and disgusting as this place. Don't waste your money go elsewhere!

• Stayed: February 2008
7  Thank Portsmouth29
Reviewed 16 May 2009

Even the young ladie who works on the reception said she would n't stay there. Hated it had to be moved on the 3rd night because we were ant infested. Would NEVER GO BACK. if you are going be warned.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
5  Thank megmeg_2407
Reviewed 27 April 2009

My husband and I stayed here for a week in January 2009. Arrived late Sunday evening.
Although a little walk from the sea (we knew this) the views from the bungalows and the area around the pool are lovely. However inside is another matter.
The curtains were hanging off and the pelmet was standing in the corner. The toilet cistern wouldn't stop flushing unless we took the lid off. The sofa bed was broken and in a disgusting state (looked like blood on it). We couldn't use the oven/grill as there were no racks. There were several more minor problems (eg broken toilet roll holder, no plugs etc). The following morning (Monday) we reported the problems to the reception staff. On Wednesday we complained again as nothing had been done. On Friday (after complaining again) they eventually put up the curtain (not the pelmet), replaced the sofa bed with a better (but old) one, gave us a rack for the oven and a kettle - which leaked and blew all the electrics in the bungalow.
We had gone self catering but one lunch time we decided to eat in the hotel! Food and drink was awful.
It really needs some money spent on the place- and more helpful staff. No we wouldn't recommend this place.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank travelqueen1905
Reviewed 22 April 2009

I booked this holiday for the kids two three year olds, it was terrible. The rooms were dire, the ceiling was leaking, the water brown, the toilet system broke. The staff pretended to not understand what we were complaining about. there was dampness. The snack area was filthy. the food was unappeatising, if you want a diet go there you wont eat.

The kids club aimed activities at older children and adults i.e archery could just see my three-year old with a bow and arrow. Oh but they let him colour in yipee!!!

The heated pool was not heated, the sea was warmer. And the nearest shop was a 20 minute walk away with two toddlers lagging behind.

Oh yeah and there gym, rubbish.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family