Spent half term in this resort. It has a lovely set up spread out over a good sized area with immaculate gardens and various pools, walking distance from a lovely beach and not far from shops harbour etc. The rooms are very spacious and very well cleaned by the maids but they are a little dated and a little damp - the first half of the week was a little cool and there was no heating.
We arrived around 9pm and after finding our room we had difficulty in opening the door - they had neglected to tell us that the room card had an electronic tag that when waved in front of the lock it opened the door(please note this newcomers)it was also dark and we fiddled around for quite a while till we nabbed a passerby who quickly showed us how it worked.
Good points were the cleanliness of the whole place and the friendliness of the staff. What let it down as a 4* hotel was the fact that towels were only changed 3 times a week, this is understandable as it is environmentally friendly and i am all for that but the rooms were not cleaned on a saturday or tuesday and nowhere did it state that in their literature! This is the first time ive seen this in a 4* hotel? I would also say that the food although adequate (couldnt fault the breakfasts) was not 4* as it was frequently dry and as previously mentioned on here not really enough vegetable options.
We enjoyed the upstairs restaurant as there were no small children,( nothing against them but ours are all grown up now and we just wanted to relax) and also the set up was more of a restaurant, downstairs reminded me a little of butlins lol. A must see is the sunset from this restaurant with the view of Fuerta Ventura in the background.
We had most of our lunches from the small bar by the pool and the staff there were lovely, very friendly and eager to please, nothing was too much trouble.
That said, myself and my boyfriend (who became my fiance when he proposed to me down on the beach during our stay!) both had a thoroughly relaxed time and we would go there again.
*Can i just add that I was disappointed in the flight, thomsons has joined the bandwagon and has reduced their baggage allowance, cut out meals on board (both the latter can be had by paying extra)and cut the inflight entertainment!!! Thought i was flying with Ryanair!!! Not good as i read 3 magazines on the way there and there were lots of fidgety bored children too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family Club Gold medal in 2007 and 2008 with Thomson.Flamingo beach just some steps away.Great offer of Restaurants, bars and entertainment.Football pitch and tennis court. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your TUI Family Life Flamingo Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Beach Hotel Playa Blanca
- Hotel Flamingo Beach
- Playa Flamingo Apartments
- Playa Flamingo Lanzarote
- TUI Family Life Flamingo Beach Resort Playa Blanca, Lanzarote