“A great holiday at Lanzarote Park” 4 of 5 bubbles

IBEROSTAR Lanzarote Park
Ranked #7 of 37 Hotels in Playa Blanca
GreenLeadersSilver level
Stoke-on-Trent
“A great holiday at Lanzarote Park”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

We holidayed at Lanzarote Park from 5-12 June 2012. Our party comprised of me, my husband and our two children aged 2 and 6 and my sister, her husband and her two girls aged 17 and 19. We booked through Travel Republic - a brilliant website which I would recommend. We booked one family suite and two double rooms on an AI basis but I asked if we could all be kept close together. The hotel obliged and gave my sister and her two girls a free upgrade by putting them in family suites! The hotel is made up of three main blocks all in a horseshoe shape. The middle block houses reception, bar, dining room and all the main pools - this is the busy area. Then the other two blocks (2000's and 3000's) all have their own pool areas. These are the two quieter pool areas. We stayed in the 2000 block (the 3000 block is nearer the beach). We were on a ground floor and it was great. We had a large patio area (where we could sunbathe if we wanted). It was great for us because we could use the pool area but keep our patio door open and nip back to the room if we needed anything - we didn't have to load up. From our accommodation the beach was about 10 minutes away and the harbour about 10 minutes away. For us, this hotel was an ideal location. It is a really nice walk along the promenade to the main area. The food and drink was great - loads of choice. Everywhere was clean and the rooms were cleaned 6 days out of seven. Staff were brilliant and most could speak excellent English. The entertainment team work incredibly hard day and night, there is lots for the children to do in the day. The kiddies club was spacious and well equipped. Playa Blanca is a really nice place to stay - it is quiet but not overly so. Plenty of bars and restaurants, shops etc but not too raucous, just right for our family. The only area where I feel this hotel could improve upon is the evening entertainment. It wasn't horrendous but it could be a lot better - especially the entertainment from outside the hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel. It was just right for us and I would definitely return. My two tips for Lanzarote would be - take a cardigan (especially for the night time) and slap on the high factor sunscreen. Lanzarote (and Fuerteventura) are breezy and you don't feel the heat the same and lots of people burn. You tend to stay in the sun for longer because of the breeze. Some don't like the breeze but I welcome it!

Room Tip: The 3000 block is nearer the beach. Ground floor rooms have a really good sized patio area which yo...
9 Thank TbirdinTean
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (527)
  • Polish first
Bradford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

Myself, husband and two girls aged 3 & 8 have just returned from a weeks stay at this hotel and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The location is great, two minutes to a lovely shelted beach, a few shops and eateries close by, a lovley harbour (where we fed the fish regularly) within 10 minutes and a 15/20 minute walk into the centre of Playa Blanca.
Rooms: We had a family room, one bedroomed, spacious bathroom, balcony with a side sea view - very clean, beds do split apart, but we didnt mind as the kids stayed in the bedroom so we could have a few drinks on the balcony of an evening, all in all very nice.
Food: We stayed all inclusive and thought the food was exceptional for a 3 star hotel, huge variety, always hot and plentyful, show cooking some nights, I am a vegetarian and was not confined to the usual pasta or salad, for once I had other choices! Well done Iberostar.
Entertainment: Evenings are mostly geared to the kids, which suited us fine happy kids = rested parents. Plenty of adult entertainment on during the day and we were never presured into participating, always looked fun. For the first time ever my eldest daughter went to a kids club a few days during the week and had a fab time.
Staff: The best part of this hotel is the staff, cleaners, waiters, reception, bar staff, everybody works hard, always has a smile to great you with, nothing is too much trouble. The entertainers work very hard day and night, always have a smile and are a credit to the hotel, my little one always got a huge hug from Anna & hasnt stopped talking about Ducky taking his clothes off in the first show - a comedy show! I have never been to a hotel where the staff made such a difference to the holiday but they are the main reason we are returning, just deciding on when. The only negative I could find was that the pool was missing a few tiles, but as there was a maintenance man at the pool on our last day so I suspect this will be sorted soon. No air con was not an issue for us as there is quite a breeze on the island, which means you dont feel the heat as much, not sure if this is different in July/Aug.

Room Tip: 3103 - Block C, first floor, quiet but very close to the centre ring, ideal.
3 Thank BantamBelle
Wigan, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a week in June 2012.

Before I go into detail, firstly my summary points are:-

Great Location, Very clean, too many extras for an all inclusive, tea and coffee needed in rooms.

Great Location

The hotel is located right at the Southern tip of the Island which means there's about a 30 minute transfer which isn't too bad.  It is about 500 yards from where the ferries cross to Fuerteventura.  There's a lovely promenade which stretches for I'm guessing about 2km to the West and 2.5km to the East, great for a nice evening or daytime stroll.  The Eastern route takes you past the Ferry port, through Playa Dorada where there is a gorgeous beach (not too far to use) and a number of restaurants and bars if you fancy a change from the hotel food, and then onto the Rubicon Marina.

Cleanliness

The island is normally windy, very windy at times - I particularly like the breeze as it has a pleasant cooling effect during the day, but it can play havoc with your towel on your sun lounger. the wind also means that a few plastic cups and other items get blown around a little but the staff are constantly brushing these away and collecting loose bits of rubbish.  The rooms were nice and clean and were serviced every day, except one.  The reception area in light and airy and there are two internet stations (chargeable), there's also a room for luggage if you have to check out before your return transfer.

Pool

The pool area is adequate, I'd give it 8/10.  There are more than enough loungers to go around so there's no need to go racing out to reserve them (although you always get one or two who do). Even at lunchtime to 2pm there were always still plenty available.  A nice little touch i thought was the staff bring fruit, crisps and sweets around the pool occasionally.  The pool bar serves tea, coffe, slush, soft drinks beer etc.  There are also snacks available here which vary but you are better off going to the main restaurant for lunch.

Rooms

The rooms are well equiped with funiture, two sofas, a table with three chairs and a tv (i think we had a family room on the first floor so others may vary).  There is plenty of wardrobe space, a dresser with a chair and large mirror and bedside drawers.  There's also an unstocked fridge, which I'll come to later, a kitchenette which if you're all inclusive is locked away, and a large bathroom with bath, shower in bath, sink, toilet and bidet. Shower gel, hand soap and shower cap are included. There was no hair dryer but you can borrow one from reception free with a deposit, and there is no iron.

All inclusive

All inclusive should mean all inclusive - that's what I believe. Comparing this to a Riu hotel where litterally everything is included and there's nothing to spend your money on, it's disappointing, and this is my only real gripe with this hotel.  Wifi is €20 a week (you can get 4 weeks for that in the UK), the safe is €15'90 a week and there's is nothing in the fridge, not even a bottle of water. So unless you go out to the supermarket and stock the fridge yourself, and if like me you are up at 5am in the morning, you'll need to wait a good few hours for a drink.  Surely a kettle, some instant coffee and a couple of cups in the room isnt asking too much?

Other Minor Points

To the bemusement of the English guests during Euro 2012, the assistant manager refused to put the game on the big screen situated at the stage area of the main bar.  Despite showing the Germany and Spain games on previous nights, she said that an international artist had been booked and must perform.  So 70 people (not all English I might add) were forced to huddle around a 26" tv in the corner of the bar while the worst act I've heard in my life played to around a dozen or so people in front the big scren.  MAJOR FAIL. The act couldn't have cost mote than hundred Euros, if he did I'll have to think about changing my career, which brings me onto the entertainment.

Entertainment

The entertainment at night time to be honest is poor but I'd give the entertainment team 10/10 for effort.  You wouldn't ask a butcher to cut your hair would you? We saw one good act which was for want of a better description, a family circus.  I also hate it when you get pestered around the pool to play volleyball etc and to their credit they don't pester you, but the activities are there if you want them.

In summary

I would certainly come here again.  Apart from the unstocked fridge it has everything you need.  I would like to see an additional term included in all inclusive ratings, something to indicate when all inclusive really is all inclusive and when it isn't. Some hotels are using the phrase when they actually mean 'full board and free drinks.' Our all inclusive holiday on top of the original sum I paid cost approximately another £200 including flight extras, safe, internet, drinks for room, seats and baggage. Almost all inclusive then.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are bigger.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank stewski1973
, Online Reputation Manager at IBEROSTAR Lanzarote Park, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
Dear Guest,

In first place, we would like to thank you for your stay in our Iberostar Lanzarote Park and for your friendly comment. It is a pleasure for us to read you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We are improving our services and studying the possible renewal of the hotel to become a four star hotel. Some of the extras you mentionated will be included in All inclusive. We would also like to thank you for sharing your observations. We will certainly take into our consideration your comments. This gives us the opportunity to make improvements and thus offer all our guests better service, which ultimately is the goal of Iberostar.

Concerning your complain about Euro 2012, we understand perfectly what this competition means and we really want to apologize for the inconvenience.

We are delighted with your powerful and positive words describing our complete services and facilities. Iberostar crew will continue working to improve our services and facilities to make our guest feel welcome. We hope you will have an opportunity to return and enjoy our Hotel again in the future.

Kindest regards,

Online Reputation Manager
Iberostar Hotels & Resorts
Dartford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

All the previous reviews are correct - This is a 3 star hotel with 4 star food and 5 star service
The rooms are clean but need updating
corridors are shabby - but who spends time in the corrdors
Food is fresh, varied, plentiful and mostly cooked in sight
Staff friendly and appear to be happy in their work

The managment have their priorities right by focusing on the important things in a holliday

Room Tip: Section C is quiet but the high numbers ie 3228 at the end of the curve is a bit of a walk to the li...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank allan-dartford
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

I got back last week after staying for a week half board with my 4 year old daughter (1 adult, 1 child).

The hotel was a good 3 star, feels a bit tired and could do with a face lift. I think the layout is good and well designed (3 main C shaped buildings), we were in the C ring and it was very quiet in the evening. There are loads of pools, but cold and again a little tired. The pools in the main are is noisy, as expected. If you want a more quiet pool choose the ones in the other areas.

I intentionally chose H/B as I wanted to get out and eat off campus. The breakfast was fine, the usual stuff. Although the choc croissants always appeared to be burnt. The dinners were fine, again the same kind of stuff from these kind of places - tasty but not high end. Covers all bases and felt clean. There was ice cream each night, but never said what it was so it was a bit pot luck.

My daughter absolutely loved the mini club and the mini disco. She has never been to a kids club before, but could not get enough of it. Even cried on the morning of our last day because she didn't want to go home! And totally adored the mini disco. And the shows, cheesy, but again if you are a child you would absolutely adore it. (No mini club or mini disco on Saturdays).

I think that we got a room upgrade - had a living room and a separate bedroom. I think yo go go self catering as there was a locked cupboard. Mine wasn't locked and I had a look inside and it was a hob and a sink.

Room was very clean. They dont clean the room on a Friday, which was fine esp. as we arrived on the Thursday night.

No AC in the room, but it was pretty cool when we were there so we were fine. Not sure what it would have been like if it was really hot.

I did feel like everything was an extra and a chance to make a few pennies. So there was a weighing machine for bags, but cost money to use. There were safes in the rooms, but cost money to hire. They gave me a room with a sink and hob but it was locked away.

Something that they should do is to have more information about the hotel and facilities in the room. Just general info on how to operate the lights.... when I arrived at the room the lights didnt work because the fuse box was flipped off, which was fine and I flipped them on. Then the Saturday the lights were not working but the fridge was. Called reception a few times and they said to flip the black switch which I took as the fuse box. When the guy finally came it was the black switch (there's no notice) by the door - makes sense, but would have been good to have had this info.

Other info they need in the rooms are the breakfast/lunch/dinner times and what's included. I was told drinks were not included in H/B which is fine. I thought water from the machine would have been, but at dinner was told I wasnt allowed water. Then the following morning I asked for a cup of coffee (as drinks arent incl) and was told drinks were are breakfast.

Think it would have been a nice touch to have info on how long it takes to walk to the harbour and how long to walk to the beach (along the front). We were right by the beach bit so it was obvious, but not so much on how long to walk to the harbour.

I had a car for the week so got out and about loads. Parking on the road is fine. Was annoying turning up at the hotel with a sleepy child as a lone parent with bags to carry in - would have been good to be able to drop bags and then park car. But it was OK.

Overall we had an excellent time and it was worth what I paid for it. I would recommend this to other families as the kids entertainment was excellent.

1 Thank HFL-London