“outstanding quality and value”

H10 Timanfaya Palace
Ranked #1 of 38 Hotels in Playa Blanca
Burnham-On-Sea, United Kingdom
“outstanding quality and value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

A great hotel if you are looking for a high qualty, relaxing break. We went all inclusive and were delighed to find quality brands (not low cost alternatives) on alcohol were extensively used and range of food waa exceptional.

Room Tip: Spend a couple of quid more and go for a sea view.
14 Thank straighttalkingJon
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,962)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

Just back from a wonderful week in this fantastic hotel. Hotel was beautiful, bright, airy, very clean and well maintained. Lovely food and very plentiful with something to suit everyone. What sets this hotel above all others I have visited in the canaries is the staff. The staff are passionate about excellent customer service and this is from the top down. From senior management to Oscar our waiter at dinner checked we we were happy with all aspects of our stay. Rarely have I stayed at a Hotel were I didn't come across a grumpy member of staff, the team here are obviously well motivated which results in a warm friendly atmosphere, I hope to return again soon top class all round.

Room Tip: We booked a pool view
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank Margmcc
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

I have once again returned to this hotel after reading the reviews before I left and felt I had to leave my comments on my return. The hotel has just completed a revamp and in very good taste. Spanish/Morrocan style. The food was excellent catering for every nationality,various themed nights for food. The bedrooms are kept spotless we were given room 351, also pool areas etc. may i add the staff would sooner you tell them if you are not happy and strive for 100% perfection if you are not happy let them know do not complain when you get back when they cannot do anything.Go to the Managers evening where you can gey to know who is who. All i can add to the review is positiveness for everything. Lastly the entertainment was 1st class I would recommend seeing xplosive a twist of spanish dance & classical music brilliant.
Well Done h10 Timanfaya Palace and all the staff

Room Tip: Ask for a sea/pool View
1 Thank Harribo9
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

We booked a last-minute, all-inclusive, week, in a standard room through Thomsons. No delays and a speedy drop off and smooth check in with a glass of Cava. Nice.

First impression of hotel. Tip top. Piano bar is outstanding. And of our room (165): excellent. Lovely new decor - very stylish all round. The bottle of wine in the room was a nice touch (the local wines are excellent). Our first floor room had a lovely view of the gardens. We arrived just in time for dinner (yay) which ends at 10pm. Holidays!

Drink:
Lovely wines served by the bottle if you want (much better than our Turkey all-inclusive experience where you felt like you were begging for booze in tiny plastic cups - crap!), and ice buckets for the white wines. The house wines are good and other local wines are available that really are superb.
All inclusive drinks are fab. Brand names (Gordons, Bacardi, Smirnoff) included and table service. Proper measures. It really was top notch.
Cava for breakfast? Don't mind if I do.

I thought the buffet dining room was very nice. With the dining room open till 10 you can have an unrushed meal with great waiter service. (Comparing it to my horrible Turkey experience – which was like a school canteen, with dirty tables, rude guests pushing in, and rude staff too – this was relaxation itself!)

All tables have clean linen tablecloths and waiters are quick to see to you.

Food was good standard hotel buffet catering - with an option for freshly prepared things like kebabs, chops, fried fish and carved roasts. Pancakes, omelettes, freshly cooked eggs available at breakfast as well as the continental and cooked options. Very varied dinner options and themed nights too. A really good effort on the catering front.
Kasbah restaurant was great. You get one inclusive night in your all-inclusive option per week and it's really lovely. Do take advantage. I had scallops and duck confit. Lovely!

Do tip the staff - they work mad hours and all-inclusive nature of the hotel must be the pits.
Bar table-service was a lovely surprise for all-inclusive and it was very good natured and friendly service too.
The only grumpy face was to be found at the pool bar - that was my only downer of the week, when every time this person served me they slammed down all my orders with a scowl. Dunno what that was all about. We tipped you know! All other staff incredibly nice and prepared to have a bit of banter.

Sunbeds
Oh, the sunbeds. Never before have I experienced sunbed reservation with towels to the extent of this hotel. The clientèle was mostly German and British (with a spattering of French and Spanish - the football allowed us to identify the nationalities!). Is one nationality living up to its stereotype of hogging sunbeds at 6am with towels?
They were all gone by about 8am! There weren't people on them- just towels. Sometimes all day. Perhaps since a lot of the customers are older, or just looking for a sunbathing kind of holiday, perhaps conquering a sunbed in a good spot took on an importance that I did not quite appreciate.
I refuse to get worked up about these things (ok, I had a slight tantrum on day one) and I certainly wasn't going to rise at 6am to get a sunbed. Luckily, I like staying in the shade and there is a lovely area with a great view out towards the sea that is covered over by a straw canopy thing which I used most days.

Entertainment
Another good effort. I enjoyed the flamenco dancers and electric violin combo, some African acrobats were good and the house band were very good. It was nice to have live music every night. The football was on most nights for Euro 2012 but there was always some live music to follow or on at the same time in the piano bar. There was wine tasting which I enjoyed. There was a pool party and salsa lessons - but the older clientele were not really a party crowd so the hardworking entertainment staff were not onto a winner there. We appreciated the thought though.

Room
Really impressed with the room. It was massive and bed was massive. Loved the modern style and it was clean and well kept. Cleaners superb. Our Thomson sales person said that they have specific rooms block-booked for Thomson. If so, then I'd book through Thomson again.

This was just a standard room - not the privilege option that some people seem to be moaning about (and misspelling - it's not priviledge!).
We booked a room for our last half day (just to use for getting washed before our flight etc) it was on floor 0 (23) and it was not great in comparison. Not refurbished and with a sort of basement view of the soil in the garden, and it smelled damp. If I'd got that for a week at the price we paid I'd have been sad, but we didn't ... good!

We were looking for a week in the sun at a great hotel and that's what we got - and the all-inclusive option was well worth it. We spent less money than we usually do overall even though we ended up spending more on the package than I had intended. Our only expenditure was a few euros for deposits for the safe and fridge and our budget for tipping the waiters.

This is a stylish and relaxing hotel with good quality catering and excellent service. We'd be happy to come back.

Thanks Timanfaya Palace!

Room Tip: Room 165 was lovely! Room on Floor 0 was not so great.
8 Thank prawncracker
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

i've just returned from my third stay in the Timanfaya Palace and had a great time. This really is an excellent hotel; the room was clean and very comfortable, breakfast is extensive and very tasty and the outside areas are beautiful. Situated on the top of the bay, the views are stunning. I always found the staff to be extremely polite and helpful and would recommend the hotel unreservedly to anyone.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
20.2 km away
Lani's Suites de Luxe
Lani's Suites de Luxe
#1 of 94 in Puerto Del Carmen

Been to H10 Timanfaya Palace? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK