“Good Hotel”

H10 Lanzarote Princess
Ranked #15 of 37 Hotels in Playa Blanca
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I stayed at the Lanzarote Princess with my Girlfriend in July 2011 for one week. Sorry for the delay in the review!
As it has been a year since we visitied I will keep it short as the hotel my have changed!
We thought that the room was very modern and recently refurbished. We had a sea view which was great. The food was good, plenty of choice and always fresh. The restaurant did get very busy though on an evening.
There was not very much of an atmosphere at the hotel, everyone just kept themselves to themselves.
I would not travel to this hotel again, but I would reccomend it for older couples 50+ who would like a peaceful break.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 15 July 2012

Having returned from a weeks hoilday I must confess to being far more rested than the week before. This hotel, which I have visited before, still manages to offer something for everyone whether you want a rest or to be busy all the time.

The hotel has undergone a refurb since I have last been, infact they are still putting the final touches to it but I cannot say it really made a difference other than more pictures kept appearing as the week went on. The rooms are what they are with 2 queen beds side by side as a large double. The furniture is all stainless steel or chrome which gave the room a very minimlistic feel and seemed very retro. The rooms were light and airey compaired to the very dark wood when I last visited.

The food was very good and I can say that I was never hungry. I believe that most people would find something they liked at every meal. The chocolate fountain was a first for me and most of the kids from what I saw. I also believe the new coffee is a very good addition, but it can get busy at certain times. It is also not good for the waistline.

For something special then you must try the reflexology/massage. Amanda, who runs the hairdressers is far better qualified and skillful then any of the masseurs that I have tried whilst visiting Egypt.

Overall I think this is a pleasent hotel which benefits from its location and reputation and for me ticks all the boxes that I wanted ticking

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Philip S
Reviewed 15 July 2012

We have stayed here several times. We love Playa Blanca, and this the location of the Lanzarote Princess in perfect. We are a family of 2 + 2, so always pay to upgrade to the larger family rooms on the ground floor, which we think are worth the extra. We have never had any problems with the staff - always found them to be polite and helpful. We are looking forward to when all of the refurbishment works are complete....

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank DavidCrossley
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I stayed here for 10 days from the 28th June with my partner and daughter (11 months) we stayed in room 1047 which was lovely, despite being right at the end of the hotel so a long walk, we had a extra big balcony and spacious room. We heard no noise from here and had a lovely view of the pool, and the sea if we peered round abit! The bed was two singles together which we expected and there was plenty of room for the travel cot as well. We were originally ment to be staying for a week but had to delay flying home due to medical reasons and the hotel were fantastic extending our stay without any hassle at all and keeping us in the same room at very short notice! The pool area had plenty of sunbeds and there we often didn't get down to the pool till the afternoon and we always found sunbeds together with an umbrella. This hotel is in a perfect location, 5 minutes to the beach and close to local shops and restaurants. Although there is some refurbishment work going on I found this to be minimal and did not really affect our holiday. We didn't eat in the a la carte restaurant but found the main restaurant to be sufficient. There was plenty of choice for ourselves and my daughter, plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables and the pastrys at breakfast were delicious!! We often ate breakfast around 8, lunch at 1.30 and dinner at 7 and found we never had to que or struggle to find a table or high chair, it did tend to get busier later though. The only thing was the main restaurant didn't open till 7 which was a bit later than we normally have dinner so may not be ideal for children. The pool bar was nice, the food like someone has said is left out and the pigeons are everywhere, but I always saw the food covered. Although the food selection isnt great, we just stuck to eating in the main restaurant and is good if u fancy a quick snack. Most of the staff are friendly and chatty. Overall we had a fantastic stay at this hotel and I have no complaints. I would not hesitate to recommend this to any family looking to stay in lanzarote. The maids did an excellent job with our room, they cleaned, made beds, emptied bins every day and changed towels when requested.

Room Tip: Request a pool view or you may be over looking wasteland. Room 1047 was quiet and had a large balcon...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Candice B
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Let me start by saying that this is definitely not a 4 star hotel. its a 2-3 star at the very most. We are not picky people and we don't expect too much from a 4 star hotel in Spain.
As we Paid for a room with a pool and sea view we were pleasantly surprised when that was what we got. Our room was directly in the centre of the hotel on the top floor overlooking the pool and fuerteventura. Unfortunately it's was right opposite the lifts which we thought was good at first but ended up to be a complete nuisance. The lifts make a noise when used, and when people were coming back to their rooms in the early hours we were woken up continually by them. Outside the lifts is a tiled floor which is so noisy when people walk on it, the noise just echoed through the room. We ended up putting a towel under the door towards the end of our stay. (didnt really help at all) The whole hotel seems to echo any noise made in it. There was a tapping noise one morning which woke us up, it was a guy working in the entrance foyer 3 floors down. The walls are paper thin, we could hear next door in their bathroom and their tv and conversations as clear as a bell. The bathroom toilet stank all the time, it was as if they used reclaimed water in the cisterns with a bleach additive. The rooms weren't cleaned at all, the beds were made every day and that's all. We had the same rubbish/dirt on the floor from the day we arrived until the day we left. However if you required towels changing daily that wasnt a problem. All the windows were dirty inside and out. The restaurant area was like a canteen. Food was bland, repetitive, and Luke warm at best, the plates were dirty and over used and needed replacing ASAP. The food was the usual AI sort which is ok for the first few days but then we just got sick of it. Needless to say we went out to anotherbrestauranton a couple of occassions. The hotel is Seriously under staffed, we waited on numerous occasions to get seated for breakfast and dinner, 30 mins most times, They just can't get the tables cleared quick enough. The pool bar was great, amiable attentive staff who seemed to take pleasure in serving you. But the pool restaurant was a different thing all together, one of the ladies who worked in there must not enjoy her job at all as she was rude and ignorant and would leave you waiting to be served whilst she went about her other business. The quality of the food in there was poor aswell. The salads, tuna etc were left uncovered and you would often see pigeons in them and the staff didn't bother. The pool area was great, plenty of sun loungers, however you still got people putting towels down early, even though you were asked not to. Very annoying when you don't see these people till 4 pm as they've been down the beach all day or something. Generally the hotel is very dated and needs a proper refurb, not just the lick of paint etc which they are dong at present. On occasion we would see trailing mains cables across floors which people were walking on. There didn't seem to be any though for the visitors safety etc when the work was being carried out. I asked for change one day for the internet and was told they didnt have any, as the guy said that to me a colleague of his opened the cash drawer to a load of coins right in front of me and I just said to him whats that then, needless to say he changed my 5 euro note. Mikes coffee shop was great, with a good selection of coffees and cakes, as was the a la carte restaurant. The animation team do a great job by all accounts and always had people enjoying the games etc. The bar area was good, had a great selection of drinks and a good number of staff, it had waitress service but we just went up ourselves to the bar as service was slow. Location is great, 2 mins from a fantastic beach with enough restaurants and bars nearby. Most of this hotel problems are down to a very serious lack of staff.. The only areas which had a good number of staff were the reception and the bar... Of which both take your money from you in one way or another so thats not surprising. We would not go back to this hotel.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
21.0 km away
Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive
Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive
#29 of 91 in Puerto Del Carmen

Been to H10 Lanzarote Princess? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK