“Perfect for a quiet peaceful break but close...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Villa Caldera

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
David B
Widnes
“Perfect for a quiet peaceful break but close enough to town for meals out”
Reviewed 20 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014

Right from the start, this villa ticked all the right boxes. It is clean, has decent sized rooms, and has a pool and sunbathing area with plenty of room for sunbeds. It is situated just outside the Rubicon marina on a small estate of similar properties that were very quiet . My wife and I found it suited our needs perfectly. We eat out every evening and the restaurants and bars were all within walking distance, but had we wished to eat at the villa, there was a well equipped kitchen and a large barbecue, and a supermarket only two hundred yards away. This was our first time at the Villa Caldera, but we will definitely be staying again.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
laurajmce...
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Relaxing first family holiday”
Reviewed 2 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

I have just returned following a fabulous stay at Villa Caldera. My husband, 14 month old son, my parents and I all had a super holiday. The villa is spacious, comfortable and well equipt. The pool area and covered patio were well used as was the BBQ. A favourite of my husbands!! The location was great for us with a 15-20 minute stroll along the costal pathway to Marina Rubicon which provided a great selection of restaurants. Fraser, my son, particularly enjoyed feeding the fish from the terrace at Lani's grill!! The supermarket is only five minutes walk away and stocks a great selection. We used Roper's supermarket near the Dream Gran Castello hotel to get fresh chicken kebabs and tasty burgers for the BBQ. We enjoyed our time here so much we are going back to bring in the New Year here. Rachel your welcome pack was much appreciated on arrival and your correspondence and suggestions have been great throughout. Thanks for making our first family holiday with Fraser so special and memorable.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Pool area and covered patio area
Liked least: Exceptionally warm when we visited and air con would have been a bonus
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 25-34
Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
NJC68
East Hoathly, United Kingdom
“A relaxing, sun-filled holiday!”
Reviewed 9 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Villa Caldera was a well equipped, beautifully decorated villa in Playa Blanca. Travelling with partner and three teenage children, the villa was more than big enough for the five of us.

We all loved the pool, big enough to mess around in!! We opted for pool heating, which was great, none of that initial cold water shock!!

There is a very well stocked supermarket about 5 minutes walk away.

The villa itself is around a twenty minute walk from the Marina, along the lovely coastal path, approximately fifteen minutes further into central Playa Blanca. We tended to walk to the beach in the afternoons, but used the half hourly bus service down into town for the evenings. A taxi back was even better value, as the larger ones will now take 5 passengers (last time we came to Playa Blanca we would have to get two taxis), and will cost between 4 to 5 euros.

We payed a visit to the water park, which whilst quite small, was a fun day out - again the bus service drops you close by.

All in all we had a lovely relaxing holiday at Villa Caldera - thank you Rachel.

Liked best: The pool
Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Rachel245
“An excellent villa with everything you need in a quiet setting”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

We spent two weeks here and have just arrived back. The villa is lovely, really nicely furnished, clean and has everything you need.
It's a twenty minute walk along the costal path to the Marina, which we enjoyed doing but there is also a regular bus service into central Playa Blanca.
The local supermarket is a couple of minutes away from the villa and is really well stocked.
We are already looking at rebooking this for next year because it was such a fabulous holiday!!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Tracey I
Warwickshire, United Kingdom
“Perfect relaxing villa”
Reviewed 31 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

We have just returned from our fantastic holiday at the villa. My husband , myself and our 13 year old.
The villa is well equipped and met all our needs . It is beautifully decorated and well looked after.
The pool was perfect and plenty big enough for our needs.My daughter appreciated the sky tv ( when she had had enough sun)
From my first initial enquiry to arriving back home in the uk Rachel has answered all my questions and always been very helpful.
And I had a lot Of questions as this was my first time booking a villa ( always stayed in hotels so I was I bit worried)
Now I don't think you will every get me back to a hotel again!.
It is set in a very peaceful location .
The bus stop is just a few mins walk and runs into playa blanca every 30 mins if you want to go into town.
We were very happy with the marina which is just a short 15 walk along the costal path and very rarely ventured much further.
We spent most days at the villa by the pool and wandered down to the marina to eat in the evenings .
We also used the bbq a few evenings when we did not fancy venturing out.
Highly recommend going to ropers for all you bbq meats it's a 15 min walk from villa .
The local supermarket is also a short walk away and meets all your needs.
Perfect location perfect holiday all completely relaxed now and can not wait to return.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The peace and private location
Liked least: No wifi ( but was probably a welcome break) and we did know before we went that it had no wifi
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing