“Good food, Outstanding value.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Romantica

Romantica
Ranked #10 of 194 Restaurants in Playa Blanca
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“Good food, Outstanding value.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

My wife and I dined here on the basis of other reviews on tripadvisor. We were not disappointed. Our first impressions were a little uncertain owing to the nature of the decor (plastic and harsh lighting) but these were soon replaced with confidence in our decision. The service was friendly and attentive but not intrusive or pretentious. The menu had just the right amount of scope and the wine from Lanzarote was excellent. We enjoyed starters based around scallops and prawns, both of which were nicely balanced (my fears regarding the strength of the lobster sauce were entirely unfounded), and then moved on to fillet steak. My wife's steak was a little overdone (just about our only criticism) but mine was perfectly rare. The view from the back windows over the bay is lovely and we really enjoyed our meal. Perhaps most impressive of all, given the quality of the food, was the price. This was not the best steak we have ever had, but it certainly represented excellent value for money. Good work Romantica! Highly recommended.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ourbear
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Cheshire
“This really is a top class restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

My wife and I eat out a lot and have done so all over the world, Romantica really is a top class restaurant and can stand comparison with the best. The menu is inventive and interesting, the food is well cooked and arrives piping hot, the service is attentive but not stifling and the ambience is pleasant. This is a must if you are staying in Playa Blanca.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank richardbrchll
Dublin, Ireland
“Good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

Restaurant is on the main street near the taxi rank. The service is professional if a little stiff. The menu has names for food such as "kiss me" etc which at best I thought a little daft. The food however is well presented and excellent tasting. The restaurant was very busy and yet some of the food appeared to come a little too quick. There was also a little mishap over my change from my cash payment for the meal however this was quickly rectified.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank newry1
Letterkenny
“So good we went back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

We visited this restaurant when we looked at Tripadvisor and it came in as the number 1 and we were not disappointed! The first night it was just myself & the hubby and we were seated next to one of the big windows that over look the sea, beautiful! The food was of a really good quality and cooked well. The manager was a really nice guy who was very attentive and served us with out fault. We were so happy that we decided to come back the night before we left PB and bring the kids along with us. The second night we also had a fantastic meal and for desert I had the Crepe Suizette, which is cooked on a trolly in front of you. This was an amazing spectacle which our 7 year old really enjoyed. The one thing I will say is that they are on the more expensive side but to be honest the quality you get really outways this. A must go to place!

• Visited January 2012
woverhampton
“delicious food- beautifully presented and reasonably priced”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

Had to give it a try as it appears as no1 on trip advisor and the menu put a smile on our faces. The various dishes all adhere to the 'romantic' theme with names such as'romantic salad' etc.
On our first visit I had the pate starter which was delicious and presented in small pieces with strawberry and other fruit between them- I had to take a photo it looked so lovely! For mains I had seabass which was cooked with onions between the fillets, was totaly boneless, moist and delicious. Myhusband went for the fillet steak which he said was about the best he'd ever eaten.
We came back twice more and thoroughly enjoyed all the meals. I had their local fish with a lovely unusual combination of flavours, my husband had a lovely chicken dish.
I must also mention my favourite starter which I had twice- the romantic salad. It was such a tasty combination of flavours and textures with a passion fruit dressing, the nicest I have ever tasted.
The service was very polite and friendly and the chef worked so hard, without cutting any corners. Well done. We'l be back!

• Visited January 2012