1,330 results
All reviews chill out bar sea view villa salad relaxing holiday waste ground ice cream hired a car pork local spirits entertainment guy free bus taxi ride lifeguard on duty animation team met some lovely people water polo private pool
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

If I was scoring this for suitability for families it would be higher as it’s ideal , however we were an older couple but only early 60’s Lanzarote is windy but due to the hotel location on the very tip of the peninsula we found it unbearably windy and actually cold despite the sun being out . We stuck it for 2 days being blown about around the pool (there is no shelter anywhere around the pool against the strong wind) before giving up and going into playa Blanca which is more sheltered .The bungalows each have a nice little terrace and are sheltered from the wind but then you fry because there is no shade or umbrella so you can’t win . The accommodation , the hotel and grounds are impeccably clean .

The majority of the staff are very hard working and helpful always with a smile apart from the bigger of the two lifeguards who is a misery , a “ good morning “ would kill him.

The buffet food is good and varied . The AI wine is poor and watery but the beer fine .

The restaurant closes at 9.30 and unfortunately the bar is awful . It’s about the size of a bungalow lounge yet the guy booms music out and blares through a microphone which he really doesn’t need in such a small space .We had to get a taxi into playa Blanca every night for drinks either that or you go to bed at 9.30 . It’s no good for couples just wanting a quiet couple of drinks after dinner , one night we drank in reception to avoid the noise in the bar , it’s plainly designed for mums and dads with young kids who stay up late because it’s bedlam . Nobody went to the Chill zone overlooking the ocean it was too cold and you would be blown over . Even on all inclusive you have to pay for drinks there . The excuse the hotel give is that it’s shared ownership , sorry but that’s rubbish it’s definitely owned by the hotel but they don’t want cocktails etc to be included in the all inclusive package .

As a couple we wouldn’t return it’s just not right for us it needs a decent adults only bar with just some background music.

Christiaan is the guest relations manager who has a desk in reception , he is a very pleasant chap but disappointingly he doesn’t introduce himself . We had communicated with him by e mail before we arrived , he watched us checking in , knew it was us , then stood right next to us at reception as we registered but still didn’t speak . It took me later that evening to introduce ourselves . I’ve seen this on previous reviews and I’m surprised . What sort of guest relations manager doesn’t speak to guests or introduce himself as you arrive ? He just sits there on his computer all day , I just don’t understand it .

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bobuk55
Christiaan v, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at VIK Coral Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Dear Mr. Harrison,

First of all let me thank you for having chosen our hotel for your holidays. Furthermore I would like to thank you for the time you have taken in writing your review. All reviews are always very important to us as they help us improve where needed our service so that we can make all of our clients feel comfortable at our hotel.
I am sorry that there were some points that didn't meet your expectations. I also would like to take this opportunity to personally appologize if I wasn't up to the standard that you were expecting. At the hotel we all try very hard to do our best to make everybody as welcome and comfortable as possible and if we didn't achieve that with you then I feel deeply sorry about this and I will asure you that all you comments and indications will be taken into account by myself the the rest of the staff to make sure that we keep up the standards that so many of our guests enjoy here at the VIK Coral Beach.
Regarding the bar and entertaiment I will look into it to make sure it is pleasant for everybody.

Once again I appologize for any inconvenience caused by myself or the hotel and I would like to wish you all the best and maybe we can meet again in the future so that I can show you that we make adaptions in order to try and please all our guests.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

We spent Easter here staying in one of their 3 bed villas with private pool which was fantastic! We had a lovely 4 min walk to the hotel every morning for breakfast, you can stay within the hotel as well which we might do next time round but the accommodations aren’t as big as the villas but still very cute.
Breakfast was plentiful, I had plenty of fruits to choose from followed by eggs any which way while the kids filled up on cereals and toast and mini croissants.
Really nice friendly staff working in the hotel.
It’s a low rise hotel right on the coast and there’s a coastal walk that I did most days all the way into Flamengo beach, takes about 45 minutes and the scenery is just beautiful, you could cycle in as well as path paved.
The hotel also has a lovely “Chilll Out” zone where you can snuggle up with family in the evenings on big rattan chairs and watch the sun go down.....one of my favourite things to do whilst sipping on a lovely cocktail....was a little cold when the sun was going down but blankets provided.
The hotel grounds are tended to on a daily basis and whilst of course volcanic features they have some very cute little touches that make it a lovely spot to wander through and everything is spotless
I wasn’t expecting much for a 3 star hotel but I was pleasantly surprised and we very much enjoyed our stay, we will definitely return and special thanks to the manager Christiaan who responded to all of my queries prior to our arrival and was so welcoming during our stay, excellent customer service
This is a very special place

2  Thank Fiona D
Christiaan v, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at VIK Coral Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Dear Mrs. Fiona,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen the VIK Coral Beach for your Holidays. I am very happy to read that you had such a wonderfull time.
Furthermore I very much appreciate the time you have taken to share your review here. All reviews are always very important to us and your recommendation is very welcome.
I am glad that you could enjoy our Chill Out bar, even though it was a bit chilly at times but the blankets did help I am glad to read.

I would like to wish you and your family all the best and I very much hope to be able to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

I've just come back from a week at Vik Coral and can say that the accommodation was nice and clean the food was plentiful and tasty with a good choice and the beer and vino was ok and on a help yourself basis you have to ask the staff for local spirits which are included in the All Inclusive. So why did I give it 4 instead of 5 Stars I gave it due to lack of Veggie option it was there albeit a little repetitive. P.S. Kids Disco and Entertainment was very good.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Christiaan v, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at VIK Coral Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2018

Dear Mr. Paul,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen our hotel for your holidays. I am happy to read that you had a wonderful stay with us. I also want to thank you for having take the time to share you opinion here. All opinions are always very important to us as our future guests read them and then can have a objevtive idea of what to expect.
I will work on the veggies at the buffet and I hope that should you decide to return to us I can suprise you with a pleasant improvement on that matter.

I would like to wish you and your family all the best and remain with kind regards.

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

We have just returned from a week all inclusive at this resort. I was very impressed given it is a 3 star! The terraced villas are beautiful and the gardens are immaculate. Also the place is very clean around the pool etc. Yes some bits are a bit dated but this didn't concern us. There was a good selection of tasty food. One downside is the soft drinks were not the real coke etc. But that just saved me drinking too much. For us Jerry the entertainer kept are kids very well entertained with different activities and the mini disco. The location is beautiful however it is more breezy as it's exposed on the coast. It is a 4 mile walk into the town but there is a nice costal route close by which we walked twice! There was no option of a taxi for 5 people but we enjoyed the walk and the scenery! Its a perfect size to let are older kids run about and at the same time feel safe. The terraced bungalows are perfectly situated to have the sun all day which was great. The only downside was the pool could of been warmer but I don't know if this was turned down as the pool was quiet? I would definitely go back next year! Thank u!

1  Thank 601sunshine

Dear Guest,

First of all let me thank you for having chosen the VIK Coral Beach for your family holidays. I am very happy to read that you had such a wonderfull time here with us.
I also want to say how much I appreciate the time you have taken to share your review here, all reviews are always very important to us and also for our future guests.

I will see if for the future I can get the coca cola brand here.

I would like to wish you and your family all the best and I hope I can take you up on your word and welcome you back next year.

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

This is our 5th visit to VIK Coral Beach. We come back because for us, it’s our little bit of heaven. You’d find it difficult to find a setting more beautiful and relaxing than here - gorgeous sea views and amazing villas that face south so you can sit on the terrace all day long and soak up the sun. As we have been here so many times we have seen things change over the years. Some for the better and some for the worse but we will come back. The staff was perhaps the biggest change since the last visit in April 2016. The young restaurant staff are fantastic, friendly and an asset to the hotel. They work so hard and did an excellent job at being hospitable, welcoming and keeping the restaurant running smoothly. The atmosphere is a little lacklustre and I guess this is due to the diverse nationalities of people visiting so people don’t ‘mix’ quite as well as in the past - at least we had many early nights!! The entertainment guy did his best but it was very quiet and so he struggled to set the atmosphere alight. We were very disappointed with the public relations guy who didn’t even say hello or smile the whole time we were here. This was the complete opposite to the experience we had before with Ana Maria who was absolutely fantastic and went out of her way to make us feel welcome. We did see him speak to other guests and hope that the fact we are a gay couple had nothing to do with him talking to us. We would like to think that this is not the case as we have always felt so welcomed here. The food has improved and there is plenty of choice even for the fussy (my husband!!). If you get there early it is hot so I would recommend this. Towards the end of our holiday there has been renovation in the restaurant area and quite a large area has been sealed off. This has made it quite cramped and there has been no freshly cooked meat option which we have enjoyed - especially the pork! The villas are still fantastic and are well equipped and spacious. They also seem to have had a lick of paint since the last visit and look fresh. However, the bidet didn’t work (water pressure) and two lights didn’t work but we didn’t report these (as a felt uncomfortable talking to the public relations guy as he doesn’t seem approachable). The grounds work is absolutely outstanding with beautiful features throughout - it was a pleasure to walk around and frequent the benches overlooking the sea. The cleaning was done every day and to a high standard. Overall we had a fantastic stay at Coral Beach. We are just concerned by the high turnover of staff when we have always enjoys seeing regular faces who have demonstrated a high level of professionalism and hospitality. This was a shame - great to see Manuel and he did a fantastic job as alway. If you are looking for a peaceful and relaxing stay amongst beautiful surroundings this is the place for you. We are certainly looking forward to returning again for our 6th visit soon.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jameshuk82
Christiaan v, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at VIK Coral Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear Mr. James,

First of all let say that it was again a pleasure to have you here for your 5th visit. It is always a pleasure to have our regular guests returning to our, as you so nicely put it, little place of heaven.
We are always working on the improvement of our hotel and services, therefore while you were here you experienced the building that was going on in the restaurant, this is due to the fact that we are installing a new buffet that will also improve the temperature of the food.
I appreciate the kind words you have for our staff, we are very proud of all of them and words like yours will be transmitted to them by myself so that they can also feel proud of themselves.
I would like to take this moment to apologize for your feelings that I am not approchable. I am very sorry if I have given you that impression as it is the furthest of the truth, I am all day in the hotel available for all my guests and should I have given you a different sensation then I deeply apologize for this. I hope that next time when you are here we can set the record straight and that you can have the same feeling that all my others guests have that they can approach me at any time with any questions or queries. This is also one of the reasons why I answer everything single review on the internet personally in order to give my future guests the confidence that there is someone at the hotel available at any time for anything. As I always say to my guests I am here for your wellbeing.

I would like to wish you and your husband all the best and very much look forward to welcome you again in the near future, as you said on your 6th visit.

Untill then I remain with kind regards.