Stayed here End of Aug/Beg of Sep...
Family of 4 (kids aged 7 and 4) - we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, something for all the family, lots of fun had, which the Animation Team played a big part – a super team who work so hard. Highly recommend if you want a well-priced fun holiday.
-Good food, lots of choices (both food and restaurant options) – some gluten and lactose free options available upon request. Alcohol choices were decent.
-Nice room (cleaned daily)
-Chill out areas
-Beach directly at the back of the hotel
-Many swimming pools, including 4 water slides for toddlers to teens – many options so does not need to be monotonous sitting at same place daily
-Well situated - 20 mins walk to Rubicon Marina, 15 mins walk to a beautiful must see beach, Papaygayo
-Friendly hotel staff
-Kids Club and Animation Team events for kids and adults daily (archery, water polo, football, table tennis plus much more)
-Evening entertainment – both Animation Team and external acts (acrobat act, parrot shows, kids mini disco with characters), held in the Castle Theatre, or on the outside courtyard
-Small Astro Turf pitch for football and basketball, plus Beach Volley ball pitch
-5D cinema showing approx. 5 mins shows (kids and adult)
-Gym (basic, could do with updating)
-Spa (kids and adult)
-Adult only restaurant overlooking the beach (7 course meal – not included in price)
-Professional photographer for family photo shoot (only pay for the photos you want)
-Hotel shop – beach toys, souvenirs
-Sports Bar in the hotel – screens inside and outside
-Shops directly outside the hotel (bike rental, supermarket, pharmacy, toys, clothes, ----Sports Bar showing most Premier League footy games even if not on UK TV)
-The lifts need to be upgraded, one was faulty throughout our stay (did break down a few times, albeit not with us in it) – only 7 floors, stairs available. If you don’t like lifts then ask for a room on lower levels
-Like most hotels in Europe in high season (July/Aug) expect to have to get up early to put towels on beds if you want a decent spot (did this at approx. 7.45am) – no issues encountered, just set the alarm!
-Whilst there are quiet areas to sunbathe and dine, it is a busy hotel during peak times (not a negative as such, but have this in mind if you like quiet holidays)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like a grand castle which majestically dominates the seascape of the AtlanticOcean and its islands, the magnificent GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO is erected in the charming area of Playa Blanca, in the south of the volcanic isle par excellence: Lanzarote. With the conviction that elegance and comfort should come naturally, this Hotel is a tribute to 16th century Canary history and colonial architecture, inspired by the "Castle of San José" and the typical landscape of the island, blending in with the environment. The building is divided into different zones which maintain their colonial style, where the white facades and volcanic stone contrast with the backdrop of the deep blue ocean. A charming interior courtyard of Arab inspiration bathes the reception area with light, and the contemporary décor and pale colours create a warm and very elegant atmosphere. GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO pampers every detail of the rooms and suites, which have breathtaking views of the sea and surrounding scenery. They are decorated in a contemporary style, with marine touches, light-coloured wood and pale colours, creating a pleasant atmosphere full of light. The discerning selection of restaurants and cuisines serve Canary, national and international specialities. There are conference rooms featuring spearhead technology, and various outdoor zones for events of different kinds. The "Vitanova SPA" thalassotherapy centre provides the benefits of thermal seawater, and specific treatments for the body and soul. The Hotel features a wide range of facilities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Dreamplace Hotels & Resorts SL so you can book your Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dream Gran Castillo Hotel Playa Blanca
- Dream Castillo Papagayo Lanzarote
- Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca, Lanzarote