All reviews vila rosa superior studio tennis courts self catering small shop on site bar and restaurant staff every afternoon the pool area is great hired a car min walk to beach sea gulls the main strip end of the season change towels mini market air con lovely hotel
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Lovely 3* hotel. Just spent four nights there with friends. Great location for Praia Da Rocha. Large 3 bed apartment. Well equipped, lovely surroundings and very friendly staff. Needs some updating. Food on all inclusive was really the only only let down. Great base for a girls weekend away.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank CSB1969
Joaquim C, Manager at VilaRosa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Dear CSB1969,

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

After one aborted hotel in lagos we called this place directly. Fantastic service from the second we picked up the phone to the moment we dropped off the keys.

Vila Rosa might say 3 stars but I've stayed in worse 5 star places. Three pools, restaurant, bars and top class accommodation.

The room had great view, clean, modern in fact perfect in all respects.

Relaxation is guaranteed here and prices very very good for what's on offer.

Special thank you to
Alex, Nuno, Anna & Jon for amazing hospitality.

Alex Wright
Director
Revgear Europe

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Alexjediuk

Dear Alex,
Thank you for your comments.
It is very good to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here for a week, it was my first holiday abroad. The staff were extremely rude and unhelpful. They threatened to kick me and my partner out of the hotel because we asked for water with our alcohol drinks as it was very hot.
The pool in the other-hand looked gorgeous just very cold.
Our room was big and well cleaned with a nice view. just the staff that let the place down drastically.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Courtney,
Thank you for your comments.
I can assure you that our staff is trained to serve you the drinks of your choice and with a smile .

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

A five day holiday at vila rosa hotel
The good,, the hotel is clean most of the staff are wonderful and helpful.
The bad bits on an all inclusive holiday drinks great food very poor minimal choice of food which was always on the cold side and meat was over cooked and dry salad bar was plain with the same things each day with the nights before left overs added to the salads.
My main concern was the safety of the food such as pork and rice not being held at the right temperature and the possibility of making people very unwell.
On one night the beef dish was served on top on pork which I was not aware of until I was eating it for religion reasons I found this totally unacceptable.
Any one providing a service should ensure that the health and safety of there customers is maintain at all time and you provide a honest details of the food you are serving shame on you villa rosa management

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank rachels840

Dear Rachel,
Thank you for yor comments.
I can assure you that in Vilarosa Resort the food s cooked according with the Health and Safety Standarts.

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

I can only assume that everyone who has stayed at these apartments and left a good review must have stayed in the ‘superior’ apartments. Had I known there was going to be such a massive difference I would not have booked to stay here. We originally booked a different apartment for our holiday, but having read reviews we changed our booking to these apartments. Although these apartments were £100 more expensive for the week than our first choice we thought it would be worth it for peace of mind. The apartment we were allocated on check in was above a garage and overlooking a road. This would have been ok but building works were going ahead just opposite and the noise of drilling and digging was constant from morning until evening. We asked if we could move to another room where it was quieter and if possible with a sunny balcony. We were given keys to 2 other apartments which were away from the noise. We accepted one of these but soon realised we were possibly out of the frying pan and into the fire. Both blocks of apartments we stayed in appeared to be residential and looked more like tenement flats. Local people were living here and there were post boxes outside. Not at all like any of the images shown on any of the websites. Instead we were awakened most nights with the sound of barking of dogs and locals coming and going from the flats opposite! We had maid service 6 days out of the 7 and towels were changed 3 times. The sheets were also changed once during our stay. The room, although mostly clean was very dated and very scruffy looking. The bath mat (picture attached) was not used!!!

Now to the good points. The bar and restaurant staff were excellent. Service was exceptional and they were all very friendly and helpful. We stayed all inclusive and the food, although not much choice, was always very good and tasty. We didn’t find the walk to the strip too bad at all. Took about 10 mins but the scenery on route was not very nice. Everywhere looked a bit scruffy and run down (lots of graffiti). Neither did we enjoy being asked if we wanted to purchase drugs every afternoon whilst out walking!!! Not really much to do in the town though we did enjoy the Irish Rover bar and Crokes bar on an evening. Most we days walked from one end of the promenade to the other from Portimao to Praia de Vau. Not much to see in Portimao but Praia de Vau is a lovely little resort at the other end of the promenade.

We will not be returning to these apartments or to this resort. To put it in a nut shell, on average we holiday around 3 times a year and I can honestly say that this was the one and only time when on holiday that I was thankful to be going home. Some people we spoke to love the resort and keep returning year after year so I think it’s probably pretty much dependent on where in the resort you stay or which apartments you book.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Catkins_10
Joaquim C, Gestor at VilaRosa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2017

Dear Sirs,
Thank you for your comments.
Your comments are very importante for us, to improve the quality of the servisse provided to guests.
Best Regards