“I had worse experiences, however I had much better ones...”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Apartments Cungu

Apartments Cungu
Ranked #47 of 145 Speciality Lodging in Ulcinj
Timisoara, Romania
“I had worse experiences, however I had much better ones...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

Ok...we stayed there in August 2010 and I think I have to be fare in what concerns the description of this place, so I'll take everything one by one telling you the pros and the cons for every item I shall describe in the next lines:

1. We came from Romania and we traveled by car for about 12 hours (with some picnic stops) and we were really really tired. When we arrived it was very difficult to find it (however we did not have a map into the GPS for that area). Tip: if you cannot guide yourself after the GPS, do not, I repeat DO NOT ask the taxi drivers to lead you (we gave 10 euros to a taxi driver that lead us at the exit of the town where he said that if we wanted to go back we must give him other 10 euros). Just call the administrator and he will come to lead you the right way.
2. The room was cleanish but not perfect..it was hmmm..let's say that it wasn't how I would like it to be...
3. The breakfast was absolutely delicios and various home made pastry and omlets, salads and dressings were available.
4. Dinner was awfull (or at least not on our taste): mostly fried chopped meat, with fries...not a fan of meats (especially pork or veal)
5. The beach was dirty (full of empty pets thrown into the sea, swimming among plastic bags or dipers). This is the only beach from Montenegro with sand, however i was disappointed by how it is not taken care of. We walked 5 km in order to find a private beach (where we payed the sunbeds) where it was sort of cleaner beach...
6. If you travel by car, I would strongly recommend to go to Budva...it is another world...it is animated and you can feel like you are in the 21st century (in Ulcinij it seems that is still the 90s).
7. The climate is wonderful, you don't need the air conditioning...in the evening you need a blouse in order to go out, it's pretty chilly.
8. During evenings you don't have so much to do here..it's kind of boring, there is only a place where you can buy souvenirs and one or two bars where you can drink a coffee and that's kind of it.
9.Two days before we left, the owner came into our room??? to ask for the money....we did not do anything in order for him not to trust that we were going to pay...and he was kind of rude...this part i really did not understand because I thought that he was nice until that point...
10. In Ulcinj, don't expect some one to understand English...they are really not yet ready to become an important touristic point in Montenegro (in Budva, even the icecream lady knows English...)
11. The street that goes from the main street to Cungu apartments it very very narrow ( one car barely goes through it), however it is a two way street and drivers often have fights there because different blockages are created.
12. There is no special parking space for the car...one must leave it in front the hotel where other cars will block it (if it is you who will block someone else's car, you will be woken up in the middle of the night to move your car...)

Honestly, if you were to choose between Ulcinj - sandy beach and Budva - rocky beach, think twice about what you want and choose Budva because at least there if you don't like the hotel food, you can go to another restaurant to eat, you can go on the Hawaii Island to see the wonderful turquise water, you see the wonderful panoramic from the citadell...you have stuff to do..

Hope I helped you in your decision making, if not, at least I informed you on my experience.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ElenaTimisoara
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Business
  • Hungarian first
Nowy Sacz, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2011

This is a small hotel run by the family. The owner and the staff are wonderful. They take care of everything . The food is excellent. It is tasty, fresh and there is a big selection of food. It is almost on the beach. I recommend it to everyone. Thanks once again for your hospitality if it is possible I would like o come back there one day ;-)

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Dominika Z
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ulcinj
0.0 km away
3.1 km away
Residence Apartments
Residence Apartments
#9 of 145 in Ulcinj

Been to Apartments Cungu? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK