See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 April 2015

We live in Sicily and are from the UK and decided to take a spa break here over Easter. Overall the hotel is far from a five star, more like a three star on a good day. The room was pleasant enough but tatty in places and pretty soulless. The centro benessere in general needs a good scrub. was horrified to see a line of filth/grease around the jacuzzi and pool, it really doesn't look like it's ever been emptied and scrubbed. The gym was poor and half the CV equipment didn't work, and they hadn't even bothered to put and out of order sign on them. I had to ask why the bikes wouldn't turn on. There was no air con or windows in the gym room so it was hard to breathe in there. The cleanliness in sauna and Hammam/steam room and shower areas was also dubious. All around the centro benessere and hotel, things seemed tatty and not tended too, like dirty windows and broken signs to give a few examples. The final disappointment was the restaurant and food. We paid for half-board and as soon as we arrived in the large brightly lit unatmospheric dining room, we wished we had opted to go out in search of a cosy trattoria. However, we were offered two choices for each course, and my husband and I took the opposite choices, both terrible, tasteless, served cold and in a hurry. The service was pleasant enough, as at reception. The treatment rooms were nicely decorated and the lady there was helpful. I had a 20 minute massage which was pleasant enough. Overall though, the obvious dirt in the spa areas is the thing that really is not acceptable. To go for a spa, and feel dirty or worried about catching something is not quite the idea one should have in mind whilst trying to relax!

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 December 2014 via mobile

If you would like a place to chill out for a night or two this could well be it. Room was large and clean. Full spa resort so a big plus for those that enjoy that will be at home. Great looking pool. Very ample breakfast and set dinner wasn't bad at all. Get a balcony if you can with a view to the sea. The manager is an Aussie so that was a help and she was very informative, big plus. She also tracked down a great BnB in Cinisi for us, ten minutes from PMO. It has a large parking area but it was full even in November. May have been more to do with locals on weekend getaway than normal low season traffic. It does remind one of a '70s era Holiday Inn but let's keep in mind it's a spa/resort and has a largely different clientele than a small BnB for travelers.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Friends of mine highly recommended this hotel from their trip to Sicily last year so while on holidays I took advantage of some faboulous offers that this hotel has for the moment. Honestly for what this hotel offers and what you pay you can not leave but HAPPY! The hotel itself is a lovely structure, set in a beautiful garden oasis and even though the temperatures and climate were still very much like winter it was actually even better to stay in the Beauty Farm where we were welcomed by extremely professional and friendly staff, always with a smile on their face. They offered a detailed explanation of the Spa and the treatments they offer and we chose several massages and treatments and they were all excellent!!! A personal thankyou to Francesca and Emanuela who truly have magic hands!!! The thermal swimming pool was great, sauna and hamman also even though not a big fan generally of the sauna experience, but this is simply personal taste. As far as the hotel goes, we had a lovely, spaciois room with a Sea view, fantastic...you could actually see so well the Eolian Islands...in summer it must be wonderful and I was also informed that in the summer months the hotel offers a private beach with transfers for a minimal cost! The staff at the reception desk were very well prepared on all aspects of the hotel and what the area around the hotel offers and actually suggested some wonderful places to visit in the surrounding areas. We only choose to stay on a half.board basis, preferring to be more free with our time, however I was pleasantly surprised by the menù offered at dinner, being able to choose normally between fish, meat or vegeterian options. The menù is pretty much Sicilian 100% and thats the way it should be!!! When in Sicily do as the Sicilians do, right?!?! Wondeful tasty dishes and the cakes...faboulous!!! I would come back to Sicily only for those cakes!!! Overall I was extremely happy with my stay and was taken quite aback by the level of professional staff, that often is hard to find in my trips to Italy to be honest! I would highly recommend this hotel and Beauty Farm to anyone who wants to get away from reality for a few days!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cartier55
Reviewed 28 July 2012

In five weeks of touring in Sicily this was the worst hotel we stayed in. Our room had big cracks along the ceiling and down the wall and big chunks of plaster fell off every day. Dinner was the only truly bad meal we had in five weeks. The second night we drove to a nearby town for dinner, even though we don't like to drive on country roads at night. We simply couldn't face their dining room again! This seems to be a hotel for people who come for thermal therapy on a pension basis. We wanted to try a mud bath but were told we had to have a doctor's prescription. We were sorry that we had to stay two nights.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank laurie087
Reviewed 23 September 2010

I was recently in Italy on holidays and Sicily was one part that I always wanted to visit. I flew into Rome and then drove all the way down along the cost until I hit Reggio Calabria. I did not stay there as I wanted to catch a ferry so I could spend a night in Messina which I decided to use as my base for exploring this wonderful island.
When I was on the ferry I met an Italian lady whose son lived in Canada just like me. When I asked her about good places to stay she was kind enough to suggest PARCO AUGUSTO a Terme Vigliatore near Messina.

This place was exactly I was looking for. A romantic and quiet destination that is close to everything yet far away from those typical Italian tourist resorts. The main thing that I absolutely loved about this place was that it was private. I was able to do my visits around Messina and come back to this magnificent place to relax and rejuvenate myself. In addition to unbelievable rooms, I would also suggest a spa that is located in the hotel. It was nothing like spas in North America. I felt so fresh and young after returning to Canada and I know that is largely to the beautiful Sicilian food and the spa at Terme Vigliatore.

I also want to praise the food at the restaurant which featured all the local favorite dishes. The staff was very gracious and friendly, and the weather was wonderful! So if you are looking for action or tons of activities, this is NOT the place. This is purely a romantic and quiet destination that you will never forget.

Jessica M.