Villa Romana Hotel(Porto Empedocle)
US$ 139
US$ 125
Marina di Vigata Bed & Breakfast(Porto Empedocle)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
B&B Villa Sara(Porto Empedocle)
B&B La Luna di Carta(Porto Empedocle)(Great Value!)
B&B MareBosco(Porto Empedocle)(Great Value!)
US$ 70
B&B.it
  • Breakfast included
Vacation Home Bellavista(Porto Empedocle)
TripAdvisor
Baglio Santa Croce B&B(Porto Empedocle)
B&B Mediterraneo(Porto Empedocle)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslovely breakfastfilling stationpineapplegreat holidaylovely poolstar hotel
Reviewed 8 December 2017

Excellent location to reach by and go about by car. Good parking, large rooms and common areas. But hardly a 4-star in terms of service, cleaning standards (a piece of paper stood on the hallway for the four days of our visit), hot water is turned off in the evening.
We visited in December, the hotel was virtually empty. Our impression was that it’s probably a summertime facility.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Direzione_CRM, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel dei Pini, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

Dear juliapcastro, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay. We clearly have not been able to meet your expectations on this occasion and we regret for this.
Our aim is to offer to all our guests a pleasant stay in our Hotel, so please give us another opportunity to impress you. Next time you will plan to visit Agrigento please contact us. We will change your mind.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

We stayed here for two nights. The room was very basic. The air conditioning was not working and the refrigerator looked as if something brown exploded in it. The cleaners obviously didn't clean it.
The breakfast is Italian style, but with bad coffee from a machine. No Italian would serve this to his mother!
But it is easy to find and close to the Valle dei Templi and the Scale dei Turchi

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Direzione_CRM, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel dei Pini, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Hotel dei Pini with us.
We do apologize for any inconvenience occurred during your stay.
Especially we are sorry and at the same time surprised about your personal feeling of bad coffee: all customers can have an espresso, simply requesting it at the hotel bar.
We do hope this feeling would not jeopardize your wiliness to come back and visit us and our beautiful city!

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

STAY AWAY I cannot explain to you how shockingly awful this hotel is. We arrived very late at night so the bar was closed and all the parking was full so stayed optimistic and thought it may be better in the morning.....NOPE breakfast was the worst thing Iv seen in a hotel...tinned fruit, stail croissants, warm juice. The house keeping staff were SO rude I can't explain to you the ignorance! The hotel is in the middle of nowhere literally 20 min drive from anything. The rooms themselves are about 30 years out of date thereception staff try to be helpfull in fairness and the food there was......very very average/not great. I wouldn't wish this place on my worst enemy for the fact that it's so distant from anything, noisy, dated and NOTA 4* as advertised it's actually 3 stars if you look into it properly. We literally packed out stuff after one nights stay and drove our hire car to Italy...best decision we ever made. GO TO ITALY ITS AMAZING!!!
Ps I wouldn't even give this place a star but I have to, to submit my review.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank emmy3lou
Direzione_CRM, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel dei Pini, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Really? We are spechless reading your false review! We signaled it and hopefully it is removed

Reviewed 31 August 2017

We arrive in the middle of the night to the hotel. At first we couldn't find it because the hotel was behind a gas station. When we came there was no parking space left. Not a wonder because the parking area only had space enough for 15 cars or so. And if you live a place like Hotel Dei Pini, you'll need a car, so I guess almost the entire hotel parked somewhere else. The night manager at the hotel didn't speak one word of english - that's bad! When we entered our room we were greatly disappointed. The room smelled very bad (which we would later discover was mold) and the bed was a low quality mattress on top of a wobbly frame. If you sat down on one side if the bed it would literally tip over. There was no real quilt for the bed (only a thin uncomfortable sheet for one). The toilet seat was cracked and the toilet made the loudest noises for a whole minute when flushed. The shower was small and filled with mold. At breakfast the next morning they almost only served dry cake. There was some undercooked bacon, some scrambled eggs and weird sausages but that was it. All their yoghurts had more sugar in them than Coca-Cola. The pool is quite big and deep, which is nice. But they make you buy a cap for your hair. I have never before visited a hotel that makes you put on a cap in the pool. Also, you were not allowed to play with a ball in the pool. Even adults want to do that sometimes.
All in all I was very disappointed. I can't believe this hotel has 4 stars. That is just ridiculous.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Aria0092,
We are so sorry to know you had a unnpleasent stay during your last days in Italy and that the rooms did not meet your expectations. We apoligize that it was not possible to upgrade you to a superior room because in high season the hotel gets fully booked very quickly.
Hopefully this inconvenience will not ruin your memories of the trip in Italy and we’ll be honored if you will give us the pleasure to accommodate you in one of our best rooms during your next visit.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

We had 2 rooms for a week. Pools are fantastic and large. There was ample sun loungers. The staff were very helpful in all matters. When we arrived the aircon was not working correctly in my room. I went to reception, they had this addressed within 15 mins and it worked perfectly for the rest of my stay. The room itself was quiet large and I had a view of the courtyard and the sea. The paint needs to be touched up but I would not be concerned about that. The room was serviced every day and there was ample clean towels. My only complaint on the house keeping was that the shower should have been cleaned better at the base. I actually did it myself with cotton buds and some vinegar. Breakfast was fine. Scrambled egg and bacon on the hot, cereal, crossants, cake, ham and cheese on the cold. Fresh melon most days, tinned pineapple and peaches one day. We had dinner there 1 night. Food was lovely but the portions were a little small and it was quiet slow. It was also expensive for food and drink when compared to the other restaurants in Porto Empedocle. Don't be put off by the filling station outside...look at the advantages. Coffee there was great and if you wanted to sit out of the sun for an hour and have a cold drink or a sandwich it was very cheap and the staff were lovely. I was lucky that I got parking in the hotel lot for the duration of the stay. This is very secure especially if you have a rental car! Overall very enjoyable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool. This is at the rear of the hotel and removed from the road noise at the front.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Direzione_CRM, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel dei Pini, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Dear Arran M,
We thank you for your positive feedback and we hope to pamper you soon during your next stay at Hotel dei Pini.
Warm regards