- it's not going to win any design awards for the way it looks from the outside.
- The beautiful marble/tiled hallways do tend to echo BUT the hotel seems to be pretty well sound insulated so disturbance from noise in the corridors is minimised.
-Spotlessly clean - rooms, public areas, bathrooms, bar, restaurants - all incredibly clean
- Well maintained - we discovered a light bulb had gone and it was replaced within an hour of us altering the hotel staff
- Breakfast - amazing variety and selection - meats, cheese, eggs, fruit, yogurt, cereals, bread and lots and lots of pastries
- Restaurant - well priced and the food is of an excellent standard. Good wine list. Waiting staff all very nice and extremely helpful
- Pool - a bit cold but this is a welcome break from the Sicilian sun! Good, plentiful and comfortable sun loungers. Pool itself is a good size with a shallow end and deep end - good for proper swimming!
- Reception - spacious, clean and staff extremely helpful and eager to please
- Location - it's a short walk into the centre of Noto but it's relatively quiet as a result, even though it's set on one of the main roads into Noto - thanks to the clever design of the hotel, traffic noise is surprisingly little. There is a supermarket within 5 minutes walk as well as a couple of cafes and other shops.
Car park - Noto is a traffic nightmare. The hotel has a large car park for use by guests and this is rare and valuable
Rooms - spacious with large bed. Perhaps not quite enough storage for clothes for some but it was fine for us. Nice balcony with a table and chairs and clothes airer. Air con.
We got a bus from Catania airport to Noto. It was only 8 euros and stops extremely infrequently so it wouldn't be much faster if you took a taxi or private transfer. You can get either Interbus or AST - both have services to Noto via Avola and stop within a few metres of the hotel.
Overall I would recommend this hotel. What it lacks in charm it makes up for in value for money and wonderful staff who are very kind and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The charming and well designed Grand Hotel Sofia, at the entrance of Noto, is set amidst green, wonderful gardens, among the baroque symphony of Noto's world heritage town and the particular light blue sea with its golden beaches, which go far along the Oasis of Vendicari, Marina di Noto, Eloro, Marzamemi. Ortigia and the Greek theater of Siracusa are just a few minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Hotel Sofia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Sofia Noto, Sicily