“Y”
Review of Al Castello

Al Castello
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Al Castello is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 23 Restaurants in Brucoli
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Good customer service and fresh fish/seafood. Very expensive
Come here if you want to have a nice lunch

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 16 October 2018

We had booked a table "early" at 20h00, and were given a lovely table overlooking to sea and the rocks below. They graciously lit the heater behind us, as it was already getting cool. We took a glass of wine each, and chose from the menu, which was delightful. I also went to the kitchen area to select the fish and crayfish for my main course.
I had fish Tempura to start and it was outstanding (!) and my wife a mixture of fish. We started on a bottle of wine, and it was only after a wait of about an hour, when almost all the other tables around us were finished, that we asked the waiter where our second course was. With great confusion, and extreme apologies, they eventually brought out our main course. Mistakes can happen, but it obviously annoyed us, and spoiled the occasion. They did give us a 10% discount on the bill. Nevertheless, the food was wonderful... so a clear 4* rating.... attention to non-Italian speakers.... 2* rating. End result, 3*.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

Was recommended this restaurant by the owner of our holiday villa ,it’s tucked away in a little village called Brucoli right on the coast and it really did deliver I had pasta of the day which was grouper ,tomato’s and spaghetti and it was brilliant my second course was fried fish of the day which leaves know where to hide if it’s not of good quality but this again was excellent ,simple but truly tasty unfortunately I couldn’t manage a dessert but my wife had the sorbet and really enjoyed it . So if you can make the effort to try this place out and I would advise booking to avoid disappointment

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 6 August 2018

My wife walked in and inquired if they had an available table for four on the terrace. The waitress looked into it and confirmed we could get a table if we stayed for two hours only. When she walked out to get us (husband and two sons), the head waiter looked at us and said that they did not have any available tables. Obviously they did not want us as customers since we were a family. Arrogant !

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

Expensive, but the food was just magical, fabulous, wonderful, so rich in taste, and impossible to write about, it was so good. And the waitress attitude was impeccable! Amazing dinner!

Date of visit: August 2018