See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 June 2016

Stayed here for a few days on a special deal; the whole place, the room and bathroom rather dated, but OK, location OK, breakfast varied enough, service by owner (?) rather like Fawlty Towers, but without the jokes and the laughter. Lot of tut tutting and mumbling if the guests didn't quite meet his expectations :-)
This time cause for some fun, but wouldn't return here very soon.
NB: WiFi free but very poor / only German stations on TV, which is also rather poor, as before we also found a lot of foreign stations in other hotels/places in Germany.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ingrid M
Reviewed 16 April 2016

The Hotel and the installations are very old and in very poor condition. Things are falling apart in the bathroom and the beds we got were uncomfortable.
To top it the owner is extremely unfriendly. At 8:00 in the morning we had to call for him and were told that breakfast was at 8:30 with several unnecessary comments from his side. We paid and were happy to get out of the dump!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank JoshuaKS
Reviewed 19 November 2014

The hotel is located in the centre of Marsberg and easy to find location. The hotel is comfortable but is outdated in its decor. It is in need of some modernisation. The breakfast is a standard continental buffet breakfast. Though the boiled eggs were a nice touch.
I would stay here again and would recommend it too people.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We've booked our hotel though a Dutch auction website called: Vakantieveilingen (litteral translation: holliday auction). The price we've paid is most likely one of the lowest of all the lots being sold (€ 12.00 for 2 persons, 2 nights). However the owner (grumpy owner (moustached guy about 65 years old, most likely not fortunate enough to enjoy OAP at his age), was making us remarks at the first breakfast "I've missed you last night... During dinner... You are not paying that much and you should be dining at my place, so we can make up for that...". This was main reason me and my wife assured ourselves not to have dinner at the hotel the following night...

But then again, if you look at the scenery; It's has most resembly to a late 60's early 70's James Bond movie: All which was fasion then is available at this hotel... The tiles and paint are even aged the same. Our room didn't have a on-suite bathroom, but looking closer at the bathroom, you could see some places where they forgot to place new tiles in the late 90's... In the room the smell is quite neutral (this room is on the side of the hotel, so it could be the wind is taking most of the stenge away, but in the corridors and the main lobby there's a stinge which we will not forget in the near furture...

Then we get to the positive side of the stay: Breakfast! Fresh boiled eggs, plenty of nice coffee, warm bread rolls and Kaysers, fresh cheese and meat.

Conclusion: Ok, we (paying €12,00 (€ 36 including breakfast) will not be the harshest on this hotel. However even making the remark about "having to have dinner at my playce, elseway I am not earning anything on you guys" made us decide a poor review is even too much...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dunzjos
Reviewed 26 July 2013

My wife and I stayed there for 2 nights on our way to Prague. We won the hotel through auction website vakantieveilingen. Upon arrival the old man at the receptionist (maybe the owner) was asking us to take breakfast and when I said 'maybe not because my wife eats rice for breakfast (she is Indonesian)' he was about to rip off our booking paper, so my wife jumped in and said yes maybe we will take it, then off we went after he gave us the room key. The next morning, we woke up late so we didn't take it. The second night, my wife was showering when a loud bang was on our door I opened and there's this old receptionist man standing, furiously asking "is there any leakage in the bathroom? Because there's a lot of water coming out (he spoke in German)" I said "No, it's my wife showering", then this man go further "because you only pay 35 euro (yes, we won that for 35 euro but the hotel was worth lower than that to be honest) you can't use a lot of water!!" (WTF)!!! But I avoid confrontation so I said ok. My wife was pretty upset after that, she couldn't sleep she had her vertigo attack the next morning, so again we couldn't take breakfast which we honestly already plan just to give this old guy a peace of mind of €6/person breakfast. During my checkout, he was very unfriendly he said "this is the first time I don't make money from guest, you pay €6 per night, u did not take any meal and one shower cost me €4,50" bla bla bla I let him rambling and I closed it with "I understand" then left. I will never go back. Hotel was old, damp and dark. No water boiler, the hot water takes too long to get hot, tv was too small and only two was English, and no mini bar. If only the old guy in the reception was a little bit kind we don't mind to take any food which was not so expensive hence the quality. But My wife and I was more than happy to eat in another restaurant in the town. At least it's clean. Oh, NO WIFI in this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013