All reviewsgolf coursewoodland walkmain buildingexecutive roomlovely hotelswimming poolblunsdon housetennis courtsleisure facilitiesrestaurant manageran upgradereception staffbirthday partychanging roomswedding venuelovely groundsflame restaurant
Reviewed 30 October 2017

Just got home from having our annual Regimental Sergeants dinner night at this hotel. The hotel is easy to find having good access from the any direction that you might be coming from. The function room allocated to us was first class and laid out very well, the Reception staff from arrival to departure were very polite and attentive. The Rooms were very clean as was all the common areas of the hotel. We did not use the swimming pool or the golfing facility but both were easy to access and looked in very good condition.
Our dinner was very good and plentiful and the drinks reasonably price for a hotel. we would have no issue with returning here for another dinner gathering some time in the future.

Room Tip: As for the Pavilion golf course side its quieter than the main building
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Executive room ok , carries bar bit like airport waiting area tired sofas ..flames restaurant lovely food although part of it resembled my old school canteen , breakfast very good plenty of choices ..

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2017

Nice sized room, looking a bit worn though, and could do with a lick of paint and refurb.

Desk staff were very pleasant and professional, and the management that we dealt with were focussed on ensuring that everything went as well as possible for their guests.

Breakfast was typical hotel breakfast buffet, there was something to suit everyone and plenty of it.

Overall a good stay and we'll be there again I'm sure.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank RegiTime
Reviewed 20 October 2017

I stayed in the hotel for a week with work as an alternative to hotels in central Swindon. The hotel wasn't as nice as the pictures but nice enough and the restaurant and gym were excellent. However, i was disappointed by the breakfast and decided i would get breakfast elsewhere which would also be more convenient. The receptionist at the time told me this wasn't a problem and i would be refunded the cost of the breakfast so i ate elsewhere for the week. When i want to checkout at the end of the week the manager told me it wasn't possible to change the bill and blamed the receptionist i had spoken to earlier in the week rather than providing any help. She claimed that they were not able to change the booking and didn't keep a record of breakfast attendance. I argued that i had therefor incurred additional cost due to the information the hotel had given me but she was not willing to refund the breakfasts. The final straw was suggesting that I simply lie to my employer as "the bill doesn't show breakfast costs"!

So, unhelpful manager and arguably, poorly trained staff according to the manager. I expect the receptionist just made a mistake but i would expect the hotel to honour that mistake and support their staff. For the sake of £40 the manager has meant I wont be staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
4  Thank Martyn M
Reviewed 19 October 2017

I recently stayed at the Blunsdon House Hotel for an overnight stay.

On arrival hotel check in was simple, straight forward and quick.

Hotel itself is set on a golf course with lovely views depending where you stay within the hotel.

I stayed in an executive suite, however I booked based on the pictures provided on the website, however when I got my key and made my way to my room, the room was very dated, had no resemblance to the room I booked apart from the bedside lights. It was extremely warm, fairly clean bar a few cobwebs around the room. The temperature control only pumped out warm air which made for not the best nights sleep. The bed was very hard and almost like sleeping on a sheet of wood.

Overall an average experience but you probably will get a better night sleep in a premier inn with breakfast included for cheaper than what you'd pay here.

Room Tip: View the room before!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo