Premier Inn Swindon North Hotel(Swindon)(Great Value!)
US$ 80
PremierInn.com
US$ 139
Premier Inn Swindon Central Hotel(Swindon)(Great Value!)
US$ 80
PremierInn.com
The Crown Inn(Swindon)
US$ 96
US$ 72
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Jurys Inn Swindon(Swindon)(Great Value!)
US$ 97
US$ 91
  • Restaurant
Thistle Express - Swindon(Swindon)(Great Value!)
US$ 77
US$ 60
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
US$ 71
US$ 65
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Village Hotel Swindon(Swindon)(Great Value!)
US$ 75
All reviewsgolf coursewoodland walkmain buildingexecutive roomlovely hotelswimming poolblunsdon housetennis courtsleisure facilitiesrestaurant manageran upgradereception staffbirthday partychanging roomswedding venuelovely groundsflame restaurant
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Executive room ok , carries bar bit like airport waiting area tired sofas ..flames restaurant lovely food although part of it resembled my old school canteen , breakfast very good plenty of choices ..

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2017

Nice sized room, looking a bit worn though, and could do with a lick of paint and refurb.

Desk staff were very pleasant and professional, and the management that we dealt with were focussed on ensuring that everything went as well as possible for their guests.

Breakfast was typical hotel breakfast buffet, there was something to suit everyone and plenty of it.

Overall a good stay and we'll be there again I'm sure.

1  Thank RegiTime
Reviewed 20 October 2017

I stayed in the hotel for a week with work as an alternative to hotels in central Swindon. The hotel wasn't as nice as the pictures but nice enough and the restaurant and gym were excellent. However, i was disappointed by the breakfast and decided i would get breakfast elsewhere which would also be more convenient. The receptionist at the time told me this wasn't a problem and i would be refunded the cost of the breakfast so i ate elsewhere for the week. When i want to checkout at the end of the week the manager told me it wasn't possible to change the bill and blamed the receptionist i had spoken to earlier in the week rather than providing any help. She claimed that they were not able to change the booking and didn't keep a record of breakfast attendance. I argued that i had therefor incurred additional cost due to the information the hotel had given me but she was not willing to refund the breakfasts. The final straw was suggesting that I simply lie to my employer as "the bill doesn't show breakfast costs"!

So, unhelpful manager and arguably, poorly trained staff according to the manager. I expect the receptionist just made a mistake but i would expect the hotel to honour that mistake and support their staff. For the sake of £40 the manager has meant I wont be staying there again.

4  Thank Martyn M
Reviewed 19 October 2017

I recently stayed at the Blunsdon House Hotel for an overnight stay.

On arrival hotel check in was simple, straight forward and quick.

Hotel itself is set on a golf course with lovely views depending where you stay within the hotel.

I stayed in an executive suite, however I booked based on the pictures provided on the website, however when I got my key and made my way to my room, the room was very dated, had no resemblance to the room I booked apart from the bedside lights. It was extremely warm, fairly clean bar a few cobwebs around the room. The temperature control only pumped out warm air which made for not the best nights sleep. The bed was very hard and almost like sleeping on a sheet of wood.

Overall an average experience but you probably will get a better night sleep in a premier inn with breakfast included for cheaper than what you'd pay here.

Room Tip: View the room before!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Mowgli1989
Reviewed 14 October 2017

I was a long term customer, i had the opportunity to work in UK for a few months, and absolutely loved my stay at the BHH. The staff was great, they listened and responded to my complaints, and they mad me feel welcomed, and at home when i was away for so long.

Upon arrival in June, i was given a room out in the pavilion, a great room, beautiful view, very spacious and plenty of storage for a guy who over packed for a 130+day stay. The only problem, a work out, broken bed. Once i notified reception, the went out of their way to make it right, Merv and Lizzie swapped me out mattresses, where the discover the box spring was broke. i had a new room in 48 hours! With a busy summer due to the RIAT, i was moved into the main building. This was supposed to be a temporary move, but it was a nice room, and i was comfortable. So i asked if i could stay which they were nice enough to oblige.

The Reception staff was amazing. being a long term guest i was able to build a strong rapport and great friendship with them all. they were great for advice on where to eat and things to go and do.

Most of the time i would use the Bar and Restaurant. The awesome bar staff was super friendly and made me feel at home. I loved walking in after a long days work and being greeted by my first name, that is the way a bar should feel, like you're hanging out with friends and family. thats a way better feeling than being addressed as sir all the time...after leaving work and being professional all day who wants that stuffy atmosphere when you want to enjoy a pint and talk to your friends? well besides that phil guy who didn't like the staff being nice to him.

My only complain about the Bar was they didn't bring down the big screen enough to watch games. one quiet night we asked to watch a "soccer" game, and the staff was nice enough to turn it on, but it was a short lived experience because the Bar/Resteraunt manager came and said it wasn't a sports bar. but come to find out he didn't mind the games being on, except for when it was my friends and i requesting...This "manager" who i believe is in the hospitality business had the worst customer service skills i had ever witnessed. he was rude to his customers, and would never speak to them or ask them how things were going. All he would do is stand at the edge of the bar looking for things to complain about. He would audibly complain to his staff about business that they didn't need to be concerned about, a complain down not up type of management. he shunned and made his staff and regular customers feel very uncomfortable.

In my experiences, when someone is a regular customer, its the staffs job and management job to welcome them to their establishment, and make them feel comfortable. not this guy, after 4 months of staying and eating there nightly his first words to me weren't "hi, how are you, how is everything" it was, "you can't eat that there" referring to eating outside food in the hotel common area. Not a nice guy. the only reason why my friends and i even went to that hotel was because of the awesome bar staff.

I highly recommend the BHH if you want to feel welcomed. i will be staying there again!

Room Tip: The Pavilion has great rooms!
1  Thank itzcoldak