All reviews sea view small beach south of france rooftop restaurant small hotel mini bar sun loungers romantic getaway direct access the beach is great magnificent hotel nice terrace hidden gem breakfast is served a wonderful stay jacuzzi bandol
Reviewed 29 August 2018

Definitely a great location and beautiful views of the sea. However, it is a public beach, not a hotel beach. We stayed in a beautiful room with sea view but although we had a big patio with lounge chairs there was no privacy as 3 rooms faced our patio!
Service really lets this place down. Food is great in the restaurant but service pretty poor. One evening was rather windy so the rooftop restaurant was closed ( nobody let us know although we booked the table the night before) and we were offered the table in the basement restaurant. When requested the table that has beach view we were told that only breakfast is served there!!!? Basement restaurant is only nice if you have the view of the sea otherwise it is like sitting in a cantine. No apologies were given.
Arriving home I realized I left sandals in the room. When we phoned the hotel they found them but did not bother to phone us! Now they are charging me to post them ( we live in France). Not impressive after paying this price for the room.

Room Tip: be careful because even more expensive rooms with sea view have no privacy
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Hostellerie F, Responsable réception at Hostellerie La Farandole, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We would have preferred that your experience give you another impression, our priority being the satisfaction of our customers.
When the weather is not in ours ide, we have to transfer the restaurant indoor to your confort, in a different but rafined aera, in front of the sea. However, we are sorry about any inconvenience concerning the service and we will take your feedback into consideration.

Your sandals having been forgotten the day of your departure, your call has preceded ours.

We do hope you give us a chance to earn back your trust in a future trip in Sanary.

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel is in an amazing situation, right in the beach with direct access. We stayed here with friends and ate dinner a few times in the restaurant. The food is good, the breakfast is ok but nothing special. The wow factor is definitely the view here.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Hostellerie F, Responsable réception at Hostellerie La Farandole, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2018

Dear Sir, Madam,

Thank you very much for coming and for your feedback that will help us to improve.
We hope to welcome you next time you visit the region.

Reviewed 29 July 2018

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay with our two children - 12 and 15 yrs old. We had a superb Junior Suite with Sea view. The bed was a very large superking which was extremely comfortable. The children shared an ample sized sofa bed. Usually there are squabbles as someone has kicked someone in the night, etc etc. however this bed was the perfect size and they enjoyed very comfortable sleeps thankfully. The suite was very large and accommodated two balconies. We had two sun loungers on one balcony and a table and chair set off the other. The housekeeping was exceptional and our room was kept impeccably clean and ordered and included a turn down service too. Towels were replenished regularly as well as the toiletries etc etc. This hotel is beautifully set on the beach with stunning views across Bandol Bay and over to the Isle of Bendor. I swam in the sea everyday, the beach being easily accessed from the breakfast buffet area or round the side of the hotel. It was manned by lifeguards so it felt very safe. It's a tiny beach, but connects to a larger public beach. I loved the small beach with a lovely safe area to swim with it's beautifully clear water. It at times was busy but certainly not overcrowded and a treat to have it on the doorstep of the hotel.
I get the impression that the majority of the rooms enjoy sea views, as well as the rest of the hotel. This is a small hotel, beautifully presented with incredible attention to detail. The staff from the reception to the housekeeping were very friendly and you were always met with a smile. The bar/restaurant/breakfast staff were all jolly and very friendly and we enjoyed conversations with many of them - fortunately for us, the majority spoke excellent English as sadly my French is not up to par. The restaurant on top of the hotel enjoys the stunning views across the bay. The food is superb. We did venture out to other restaurants in the area - '464' about 100 metres away is sensational and we enjoyed meals a couple of times there. The food was incredible with a variety of daily fresh catches along with other delights. Staff again exceptional. We also walked to the restaurant 'La Plage Doree' on the way to Bandol. This was an elevated beach side restaurant which had a casual feel to it, but the food was by know means so and was amazing. I believe they have live music from time to time. We enjoyed exceptional dining here for two evenings. Staff again fantastic.
The hotel is smack bang in the middle of Sanary and Bandol and is a good 45 minute walk to each centre. But for this reason is also perfectly located having the choice of the two centres to visit. We went to the 'massive' mid week market in Sanary. I have never visited a French market as huge as this. It spans the complete front of the harbour it seems - phenomenal. Bendor Island was beautiful and enjoyed tripping around there for the day after a pleasant short ferry ride to the island taken from Bendol. There are plenty of places to eat there also and we enjoyed another fabulous lunch waterside at Soukana Plage Chez Maya and Jose, also providing an opportunity to dangle your feet in the water inbetween courses.
I enjoyed the services of the spa and had the most relaxing and immaculate pedicure with Fannie. I equally enjoyed an incredible massage with Carole (I think was her name). The spa was beautiful with it's hamman and plunge pools.
The hotel pool was great and the kids loved this especially. My one and only criticism would be that I think they should have a staff member coming around more often to offer drinks and food as I wasn't aware this was an option poolside until the middle of our stay. I just see that as missed opportunity more than a problem for us.
For lunch I would walk to the boulangerie towards Sanary about 1.5km away and bring back to eat poolside.
Would I stay here again; yes, within a heartbeat.

Stayed: July 2018

Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about your stay.
We are glad that you enjoyed our hotel and we hope to see you again next time you visit our region.

Reviewed 21 July 2018

Very beautiful Hotel with a great restaurant Panaramic and an amazing cultural program of exhibitions by Kvartira S.
Responsive staff; comfortable rooms and the most gorgeous views of the coast

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

We’ve stayed at this magnificent hotel at the seaside of Provence many times. My family and I really love and appreciate this place: polite and caring staff, stunning cuisine (bravo, chef!) and interesting art and music events every season. If you want to have the best holiday or weekend - come to the La Farandole!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family