All reviews prestige room spa treatments spa area very nice hotel bordeaux wine duck breakfast was excellent brasserie region vineyards tlc grandeur aquitaine sauna kettle
Reviewed 20 August 2018

I spent 1 night in Relais Margaux for a wedding fully organized there.The location is just wonderfull with nice park, golf field, spa... (unfortunately, no time to test any activity)Despite a "special price", it was from my opinion really expensive. I was even more surprised when I discovered my "old" room which has really to be renovated. Bordeaux / Wine area is really over-rating everything, I would say

Room tip: Single standard room
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hotels & Preference
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel 4 years ago and remembered this place for its good food and spacious and nice rooms. This time the experience was very disappointing. The rooms we got was in the old part of the hotel and could use some refreshing; in particular the bathrooms. The restaurant experience was the complete opposite of what we experienced 4 years ago. Our family of four received a set of dishes that were all flawed: Dried our pan-fried salmon, overdone meet (lamb and duck), and a staff that did not speak English.
It is sad that this place in such nice surroundings have deteriorated to such a low level.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank tronds821
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately, this is a very tired property. It is in desperate need of renovation and restoration. I understand it was purchased a few years back, however it doesn’t seem like any money has been put into the property. It’s too bad, because it’s in a beautiful location, they have a wonderful golf course, a delicious restaurant, and a place to land a helicopter.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank PilotMichael
Reviewed 26 June 2018

we liked it, although the facility needs a bit of renovation and in some points it is not that clean. The restaurant had a lot of spider web on the balcony.. and there are very easy to see. When you do table doesn't take much.
the restaurant has only 6 dishes, three starters and three main course. Not enought to spend more than one night in the hotel.
The location is perfect, the spa is nice, the golf club is good.
A bit of renovation for a potentionally 5 star hotel, now only a good 3 star. But the prices is good value. I would probably suggest it and to go back, if you are not looking for luxury.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2018

This part of the Bordeaux wine region is quite different from the St Emilion area. Everything about it is grander and bigger from the Chateaux that bear the names of some of the finest wines down the hotels. The Relais de Margaux is no exception. It is big with an aura of grandeur from past days. The rooms are a good size and well equipped and the hotel facilities are the same with a good sized spa - which was almost empty while we were there - and a good sized golf course. Not sure how good a course it is but well worth checking it out. The restaurant was first class both for dinner and breakfast and the service was faultless. They even had a good supply of single malts in the bar which always a sure sign of quality although they did offer me a dram of the the locally produced whisky. Not a patch on the real stuff though. The hotel and grounds are situated in a spacious country setting near to the famous Chateau Margaux and are well off the beaten track. The staff and service was everything you would expect from a 'hostelerie' that bears such a fine name and has such a great location. Well worth it. Will go again.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Gordon M
Nelly G, Responsable commercial at Relais de Margaux, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear Gordon M,

I was thrilled to learn that you had a great stay with us and I am most grateful for you taking the time to let us know.

The team and I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the future should your travels bring you back to Margaux !

Kind regards,