3,859 results
All reviews dreams las mareas beautiful resort preferred club zip lining seaside grill el patio pura vida world cafe swim up bar liberia airport italian restaurant our honeymoon all inclusive resort ocean view seafood recommend this resort an excursion
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Jimmy the pool side server was amazing! All staff should follow his lead! Jordan guest entertainment was energetic and awesome! Great family spot good food options. Would visit again in the future Entertaiment options could be improved

2  Thank Gregorio G
Dreams_LasMareas, Gerente at Dreams Las Mareas Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Hello!

Thank you so much for this wonderful review and for taking the time to post a review of your experience with us.

Our hotel aims to provide a truly unique experience, and we are thrilled that we could exceed your expectations. I’m sure our entire hotel staff enjoyed serving to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay.

We are pleased to know that every day our guests are satisfied with our staff and services, we will be glad to share your comments with our staff as it helps us grow when we know we have truly made a difference to those we serve each day.

We truly hope to have the opportunity to host you once again in a near future.

Best Regards.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We came the last week in March, just my daughter (18) and I . I was a bit nervous after reading some of the reviews on this hotel.... and pleasantly surprised by how much we LOVED our stay. I would move to CR if I could. While the resort is far from everything (don’t think you’re gonna Uber our for shopping or dinner!) the resort is beautiful!!

Cons first - pack conditioner (my daughters biggest complaint), plan on excursions being a far drive. Don’t plan on leaving the resort unless it’s for an excursion. The beach is not your typical beach (see photos it’s beautiful but different). They also try and sell you a “membership” (claiming it’s not a timeshare!) and if you go it will eat up 90min minimum of your day. The food is typical of an all inclusive- it’s not bad, it’s just ok.
And the nightlife means well, but I could see why 16-25yr olds would get bored.
WiFi is sketchy at best. Works better by the pool and some restaurants than in our room (building 6).

Pros- the place is breathtaking! The resort and the country! I’m in love with Costa Rica! The staff is super friendly, attentive, and accommodating. Grounds are clean and filled with wildlife! We saw monkeys, snakes (they quickly made sure it moved on its way) raccoons, iguanas, and birds! (That was all at the resort!) My daughter is gluten free and they had tons of options for her (other than breads, so breakfast we brought her own bagels as she’s not an egg eater). Every mean they made sure to ask about her allergies.

Excursions are a MUST! We did the mega combo (most ppl said to use alex on the beach, we didn’t see that company on the beach so opted to go thru the hotel it was $4.00 more a person). The mega combo was zip lining, horseback riding, mud bath/hot springs, a waterslide and lunch. It was awesome!!! The waterslide is fast, yes, but fun! Well worth the money! Our tour guides even pulled over to show everyone monkeys in the trees and gave us a great history lesson on their country.

We also went to Sensoria. Words can’t describe this place! Hiking in the rainforest, swimming in the waterfalls and thermal pools, and all the wildlife! We even saw a sloth in the trees (and lots of snakes!). Our 2 guides took their time pointing out different wildlife and teaching everyone about different plants and why they are important. They took as many photos as we did!

Overall Costa Rica is amazing! On this side of the country, it’s just a bit far and remote (it’s all your preference). We will definitely be back to Costa Rica! Pura Vida!

4  Thank Jennifer M

Hello!

We truly hope to have the opportunity to host you once again in a near future.

Best Regards.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this resort March 20-24 following a 3 night stay at The Springs Resort in Arenal (see separate review). We stayed with our three daughters ages 6,13, and 17. It was a 3 1/2 hour drive from this resort to Dreams. While the drive was beautiful, my 6 year old daughter got car sick. She actually was throwing up as we arrived at the resort. Everyone at the front was very helpful and we were relieved to have the cool bath clothes to clean her up with. Someone got my daughter a special tummy drink and it seemed to help. We booked preferred rooms that were supposed to join . Upon arrival we were told that the only connecting rooms were not in preferred and they couldn’t downgrade our room or return difference in amount. The person checking us in eventually did find us two connecting rooms.
The rooms are exactly like the pictures and do not provide a lot of privacy in the bathrooms. They are far from being considered a suite. Even with connecting rooms and the privacy curtain we still had issues. The tubs outside were relaxing and my girls enjoyed getting in their tub and watching the stars. There isn’t much privacy between the balconies either. We stayed on the 2nd floor of building 7. I wouldn’t suggest a swim out room. All pools go together and have no privacy. We could see directly below to the pool below us. The last night/morning we noticed a sewage smell in our room. Save your money on a premium room. The bar is so far away and there is no difference in the rooms.
We spent two of our days at the beach/pool and one day on an excursion. We preferred staying at the lower pool which was next to the beach. As others reported,this was the only area that had a problem with lounge chairs. People do reserve them early in the mornin even though it isn’t allowed. We decided to rent a cabana as this was the easiest option for the five of us to pile up on. Pool service was excellent and drinks were fair.
The beach was what we expected and I tried to prepare my family and remind them that there are no better beaches than Gulf Coast/Carribean beaches and that they would be very different from what they were used to. There was a lot of sea weed on the beach and the water was really cold. We did enjoy the beautiful sunsets. Be prepared as soon as you step on to the beach from the pool to be bombarded with hustlers. My husband finally told one of the guys he only had 5 dollars and would buy the hammock for 5$ if he would leave us alone. There were also horses on the beach one day. It was fun to watch the stray dogs chase them off the beach. We got paddle boards and kayaks one day. Although we all have paddle boarded and kayaked many times before the wind made it very difficult to control direction and get back to shore The girls snorkeled one day and saw several fish but didn’t stay in long because the water was cool. About 78 degrees.

We took one excursion and booked it prior to our trip through MoJo Surf adventures. They also arranged for personal transportation that day. There was some confusion on the resorts part and it delayed and shortened our trip in Tamarindo. When we went to the main lobby I told them we had someone picking us up and asked them to notify the person at the gate so they would let our driver in. They told me that all excursions picked up at a different lobby (didn’t know until this point that there was a different lobby). We walked to the other lobby and waited. Finally I had someone from Classic Vacations desk help me. He called MoJo. Our driver was at the main lobby ( he also had a been told we were not staying at that resort and they gave him a hard time) they also told the driver that they would notify him when we arrived at the lobby. Finally he was allowed to back lobby to pick us up but it caused us about an hour delay and we were not able to spend time in Tamarindo just had time to eat a quick bite before our surf lessons. I think part of the problem was the resort gave our driver a hard time because we did not book our excursion through the resort. Again, I would highly recommend MoJo surf adventures. They arranged transportation and told us great places to eat before and after the lessons. The price for lessons and transportation (2 1/2 hour drive there, 2 hour surf lesson with just the girls and drive back our driver was with us all day and we loved him) was 250 for transportation for 5 people and 55$ for each person on a beautiful beach with great water and sand. Stay in Playa Grande or Tamarindo if you want good beaches with a better location.

The food was the worse part of this resort. With the buffets providing the best options and even quality (we are foodies and love fine dinning). The first night we ate at Oceans. My husband and I both had stuffed grouper. It was mediocre with frozen fish and shrimp. My girls had steak both were supposed to be filets. They had the texture and taste of sirloins. We ate one night at the Italian restaurant ( children can dine on the terrace). Again it was a frozen piece of blah chicken Parmesan. The mushroom risotto I had was good. My 17 year old, ordered the veal and she was unable to eat it.
We ate the buffet every morning for breakfast, once for dinner and lunch. The options, and food quality were excellent by buffet standards. I wouldn’t recommend eating at the lower pool. They set up burgers, quesadillas, nachos and fruits. The birds are an absolute nuisance and health hazard. One day birds were all over the fruit. we also saw several raccoons. While they are friendly and will beg for food at your table, I think a major reason they are such a problem is the workers feed them. We saw this happen twice. Once at the pool bar and once a waitress at the buffet dumped some in the flower bed. The raccoon had been at our table begging for food and we ran it off. Don’t even bother trying to get a table at the Habachi grill. I tried two different times. They only take reservations for the day before. The first time I tried it was already full and I returned the next day around 9:30 am to book for the next night and was told they booked all tables at 7 am that morning.

The spa was ok, but they will try to pressure you into sitting though time share promo for a free massage. Be firm and say no.

Overall this resort is beautiful with friendly staff that speaks and understands limited English. If you like sitting by the pool and eating buffets every night then this is the resort for you. I personally will not return for low quality of food, distance from any excursions and mediocre service.

1  Thank laurenmomof3

Hello.

Thank you for take your time and sharing your comments whit us. We are very happy to know that you enjoy that different services at the same way the beautiful country. We apologize for not having exceeded your expectations in every aspect of your stay here with us. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the pertinent departments in order to be addressed and where possible improved. As professionals in the service industry I know that our guests feedback is very valuable, and the key to allow the constant improvement in order to reach an enduring high quality level in services.

We regret the inconveniences that you present during your stay in the areas of service, we would like you send an email to the following address a_gerencia.drelm@dreamsresorts.com to have more detail of what happened and we can help our your reservation number.

Once again I´m extremely grateful for your time and preference and please feel free to contact us directly prior to your next visit so that I will be able to fulfill your requirements and demonstrate the type of high quality services we uphold here at Dreams Las Mareas.

Best regards,

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Tremendous vacation. my wife and me. and a couple of friends. We spent a week wuuaao. what more efficient services, swimming pools, meals, customer services in the end we are all specially made by Mauricio Caranza, Mayra cleaning service, Hector from the pool area, Isreal, Luis (VIP) and Christopher who did not transport from Liveria Aerepuerto to Dreams Las tides. Only something we did not like and it was the beach. but we plan to return next year.
Angel R New York

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank angel r
Dreams_LasMareas, Gerente at Dreams Las Mareas Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review!

We are delighted to hear that you had a most memorable experience, and we will ensure your kind comments are celebrated with our team with great pride as it helps us grow when we know we have truly made a difference to those we serve each day.

We are very happy that you have enjoyed your holidays with us and we are pleased to know that every day our guests are satisfied with our staff and services.

Thank you for choosing Dreams Las Mareas and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future!

Best regards.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The resort was nice and the rooms were decent. We switched rooms 3 times and still had issues. If you have any issues with heavy walking, uphill etc, beware and let the resort know when booking. Our first and last rooms were ocean view in the main building. Our second room was a swim up room. I prefer the ocean view. The swim up was too dark and enclosed in tall bushes. I loved the hot tub on the balcony in our ocean view room! We were booked in a preferred room, which we didn't get because they were "taken". Don't book a preferred room! The restaurants were good. The bars by the adult pools were not good. If you want a good drink go to the first bar, by the kids pool. The beach area was dirt, not sand. The ocean was cold and not enjoyable at all. The rooms in the main building have a horrible banging noise that continues 24/7. Everyone in the building heard the same thing. The highlight of our trip was the wild life! The birds, racoons, the iguanas and the monkeys. When we were in our swim up room, for 1 night, we had a dog visitor. Employees tell us they're a fixture at the resort. Not an easy destination to get to. Once you land in Liberia it's a 90 minute ride to the resort. Once you're there you're stuck. Nothing in this area to do off resort. The pools are your only hang out. We probably won't go back.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank JenniferP5511

Hello.

Thank you for take your time and sharing your comments whit us. We are very happy to know that you enjoy that different services at the same way the beautiful country. I apologize for not having exceeded your expectations in every aspect of your stay here with us. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the pertinent departments in order to be addressed and where possible improved. As professionals in the service industry I know that our guests feedback is very valuable, and the key to allow the constant improvement in order to reach an enduring high quality level in services.

We regret the inconveniences that you present during your stay , we would like you send an email to the following address a_gerencia.drelm@dreamsresorts.com to have more detail and your reservation number of what happened and we can help.

Best regards,