“Average”
Review of The Burger

The Burger
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Pretty average place. Burgers are nothing out of the ordinary, and a bit pricey at that. Been there several times, friendly staff, perhaps somewhat forgetful from time to to. Probably your best bet for a burger in Nykøbing, mostly because of lack of competition.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

I was this restaurant´s only customer, on a beautiful Tuesday morning – half an hour after opening. I sat down outside, in front of the restaurant. It did take longer than expected for a waiter to arrive. I later learned that my waiter is also the owner. I ordered a basic burger and a bottle of lemonade. My waiter returned with my order after about 15 minutes. So far so good.

The food was OK. Burger slightly dry and quite a bit smaller than the bun, but the salad was fresh and the fries well seasoned and crisp. A bizarre single cucumber slice on a stick, was jammed into the burger, for reasons unknown.

After a good 15 minutes, I had come to the end of my meal – my waiter had still not been by to ask me if everything was to my taste – or if I would like another soda?
30 minutes more passed, still no sign of the waiter. Nobody offering me coffee or dessert.
45 full minutes(!) after serving my lunch, I was still alone in the restaurant, and still no sign of my waiter. I waited another 5 minutes, then got up to leave. Inside the restaurant, I could see several people, all staff. Including the owner. I signaled them to bring me a check. A second waiter came out and asked me "what I wanted". "You have to come inside, she said. "It´s how we do it here. You come in to pay."
Then followed a short discussion, where I told her about my experience and how I had been completely ignored for an hour, in spite of being the only guest. And how I would never set foot in her restaurant, not even to pay. She schrugged it off, by saying she wasnt the one that served me.
She finally produced a credit card machine. I paid. I left.

I travel extensively and I eat out a lot – for business and pleasure both. Very rarely do I come across service as bad as at The Burger. And I cannot remember the last time I experienced a manager/owner that cared so little about her guests and her renomé.

It is outrageous for people to treat their guests in such a manner. I will never return, but I will tell my story to anybody interested in eating out in Nykøbing.

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

My three young children, and my husband loved the meat burgers. I enjoyed the tasty veggie burger (spinach based patty). This is a laid back environment that is suitable for young children.

Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

I took my relatives here for lunch and we weren't disappointed. Burgers are lovely and huge servings. The price is within budget and not too expensive. The place is clean and the staff are very friendly. Not too busy this time of the year but I guess it is packed in the summer.

Reviewed 6 February 2017

If you are looking for a good solid burger and aim for something more than McD, this is the place in Nykøbing F. They serve the best burger we have tasted in town. We have been a few times on different occasions - and we do not live in Nykøbing.