“I should be VIP but there is no recognition for been a loyal customer.”
Review of Barcelo Montelimar

Barcelo Montelimar
Reviewed 17 July 2012

In a decade I have been to Montelimar for more than 15 times, I was there two weeks ago and I am thinking of going back for four days next saturday to take my son, he never been there. Customer service in my opinion needs to improve or at least show some gratitude for a loyal customer like myself. I havent decided yet if I am going to Montelimar or another hotel for the simple fact that I will pay 10 dollars per day for wifi and not even sure if will work. My son and I need a reliable wifi. Two weeks ago when I was there I used the cyber and pay 5.00 for a 30 minute session and I only used to read one email that took me 5 minutes. In my opinion wifi should be free like the rest of the hotels. In conclusion people are nice and is a very good hotel and of course there is room for improvement and most importantly is very safe to be at Montelimar. If you guys want to reach me, email me at valerio_1310@hotmail.com.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank valerio_1310
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Barcelo Montelimar

Reviewed 15 July 2012

Cabanas not so clean i found some cockroaches, a lot mosquitos, and food not so good there is not variety of food and the staff very mean people. This is the first Barcelo that i have complaints .

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank natalia v
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Montelimar is a wonderful, clean, exciting, & relaxing resort! I was there 2 weeks ago with my family. The food was incredibly delicious & fresh. Also, the staff & service at the restaruant was excellent. I enjoyed the pool and open bar. Everything was nearby. The ATV 4wheeler rentals were awesome. This is definitely a great place for a family vacation. My kids loved it. I would definitely go back to Montelimar :)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Vanessa G
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I recently stayed with a large group of people (school reunion).

FACILITIES:
Bungalows: The bungalows are nice and spacious, and clean. My bungalow had 1 towel per person, and was nicely cooled. Others were not as lucky. Some of the things I heard: One found the windows open and the room hot. Another found their AC wasn't working, and another found that the door handle to their room broke so they had to wait for the locksmith. After returning from a night out, someone's toilet had flooded and flooded the whole bungalow. Unfortunately there wasn't another bungalow available and they had to wait until the whole thing was cleaned up (~1:30 am).
Pool: The pool was very nice and big. It would be nice to improve on the towel service. Having to pay $20 if someone steals your towel is a bit steep.
Outdoor showers: there were not enough of these throughout the complex. Having a shower right in front of the restaurant is just horrible. Those should be moved closer to the beach.
Beach: it was awesome. absolutely no complaints there.
Elevators: I would actually call them "human ovens". Perhaps removing the ceiling of the elevator would allow a little more ventilation?

Barcelo: You MUST fix the "road" right before the guard shack at the entrance of the complex. It is an embarrassment. The holes/craters are just way too big. Even if it's something that should be maintained by the "Alcaldia" - suck it up and pay for the repairs.

SERVICE: One of my friends forgot the room key inside her bungalow. We called the front desk and they said someone would be over right away. That "right away" was definitely not up to American standards. While my roommates showered, I waited outside and waited over a half hour and still there was nobody showing up to unlock my friend's bungalow. The waiters at the restaurant were alright, nothing to write home about.

LANDSCAPING: the landscaping overall is gorgeous, and found that many of the trees are labeled with their genus, which was pretty neat. On landscaping it definitely gets an "A".

FOOD & DRINK: The breakfast and lunch buffets were good, but not exceptional. The cazuelita de mariscos is what I liked best of all the meals I had there. The arroz de leche was also very good. The fish and pork chops were both a bit tough.

ENTERTAINMENT: would be nice if the entertainment included some typical dancers instead of Karaoke.

CHECK-OUT: during checkout it would be very useful if the tractor pulled train would come by much more often around the bungalows at check-out time. Several of us waited and waited, and each time the train came by it was already full. We ended up having to walk and haul the luggage in the searing heat.

This was my first time at this resort. I had high expectations, but I can't say they were all met. It is indeed a very nice place for the cost, but I can't say that I'll be rushing over. Overall, I would give it a "B".

By the way, I met a local fisherman that collects oysters and he said he'd sell to anyone but Barcelo. According to him, you guys pay nothing and sell it at a high price.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
8  Thank karla s
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Awesome time with my son! We travelled from April 9th to April 12th, the week after Holy Week so that there wasn't many people at the Resort. I reserved at the Barcelo web page the hotel room and a taxi that could get both of us from Sandino International Airport to Montelimar. The service from this taxi was very good, our driver was very kind and drove safely to our destination. The staff from the Resort received us with a smile. The pool was awesome, is is very large and very refreshing. It is at this pool where my son almost learnt how to swim! Plus the snack bar is good! The food was incredible, we always ate at the outside tables from the restaurant. My son loved the mini "tres leches" cakes! We had a great time at the beach, with gray sand and a small river that went all the way to the sea... During the afternoons many small brown frogs jumped into our feet, it was quiet funny. We had a bungalow, and the room was all you could expect from a Barcelo but in a tropical way with comfortable bed, linens and pillows. I wanted to get to Granada and the Lake of Nicaragua, we could do it with the taxi service from the Resort, the same taxi that took us from the airport. I strongly suggest to get to these places, they are beautiful with not many tourists. In a nutshell, great time! However take into account that we spoke Spanish during all our journey, I cannot comment on the service of the Resort towards foreigners that do not speak in Spanish...

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Hotel Vistamar
#4 of 4 in Pochomil
2.1 km away
Hotel Escuela Palmeras Resort

Been to Barcelo Montelimar? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK