All reviewsperfect hostsvery reasonable priceone nightbreakfast was excellentfrench countrysidelovely rooman aperitifcomfortable bedexcellent stayevening mealcouple of nightshigh standardshort staylovely placeother guestson arrivalben
Reviewed 24 July 2017

Lorraine and her son Ben are excellent hosts. Our suite was very comfortable and my only criticism would be that the bathroom is a little small but perfectly adequate. Lorraine waited up for us as our flight was delayed and as we drive up she was waiting outside to guide us. Try to arrive in daylight, it is difficult to find at night. Great location with splendid views, Breakfast is at a time to suit you and is very good. We had dinner on one of our 3 nights stay and the menu was checked with us at breakfast which is a nice touch. The dinner was excellent and very reasonable price. Our suite was 100 euro per night inc breakfast and I cannot praise this place more highly. If we visit our relatives in this area again we will certainly return here

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
lorrainemorris m, Manager at Chateau de Corrige, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Thank you Terry for your comprehensive and detailed review, we know that you are a world traveller and therefore your comments are much appreciated, especially as they are so positive.
We are glad you both enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you again , when you are this way.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

We found this wonderful house on Booking.com and were not disappointed. After a warm welcome from the English owners and hosts we shipped beer on the lawn and had a guided tour.

The house has been beautifully restored and our room had magnificent views of the valley.

Dinner was superb and included home grown veg and salad. We were sorry we had to leave after only one night. C'est la vie!

Well done!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
lorrainezoom, Owner at Chateau de Corrige, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2017

Thank you for your review, what a great title, I like the Splendour in France.........coupled with the rural paradise.
We feel particularly pleased that this season we can offer guests our organically grown produce....
Views from our rooms are one of the features that our guests love.....
Hope to see you this way again one day.
Many thanks.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

My husband and I were treated to a night at Chateau de Corrigé for our birthdays – and what a treat it was!

We really couldn’t fault anything… our bedroom suite was beautifully appointed and spotlessly clean, and the communal areas were equally so.

We were royally looked after by Lorraine and Ben. Nothing was too much trouble and we were made to feel extremely welcome. An aperitif on the terrace whilst watching the buzzards swoop through the beautiful scenery was a great way to unwind!

The food was absolutely wonderful too, served in elegant surroundings. We enjoyed a superb home-cooked four-course meal with a very good house wine in the evening and the breakfast was a veritable feast!

We left the Chateau feeling thoroughly spoiled, extremely well-rested and very much looking forward to returning in the future.

Thanks again to Lorraine and Ben – you’re doing a wonderful job!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
lorrainemorris m, Owner at Chateau de Corrige, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

It was a pleasure to host you for your special occasions, and we are happy that you were made to feel special, and left feeling refreshed and relaxed.
We are pleased with all your great positive comments, and we know we are doing a great job when guests write such great reviews.
It was lovely to meet you both and look forward to welcoming you back , one day.
Thank you both.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

We have visited Chateau de Corrige on a number of occasions and it is always a pleasure. We enjoyed sitting in the garden with a glass of Red enjoying the splendid peace and tranquility of the surroundings.
Lorraine and Ben ensured that we were well fed and were able to recharge our batteries. Thank you both.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
lorrainezoom, Owner at Chateau de Corrige, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Thank you for your kind review, we love the fact that you enjoy the tranquility as we do too.It certainly is the best place to recharge.
Hope to see you again soon, for your fifth visit.

Reviewed 13 May 2017

A little gem not to be missed if you have the opportunity. I was greeted by Lorraine on arrival, quite relieved to be able to speak English as Id been reciting French in my head for the past month!
The "chateau" is not what we might classically expect to be called a chateau, but more a large manor house in its appearance, elegant and understated on the outside, but Lorraine and Ben have created a stylish, quirky and relaxing interior, totally up my street.
I had the "blue" room, with lovely big bedroom, attached seating area and nice shower room with waterfall tap, cool.
I had two big windows, one in each room, overlooking the front terrace and the meadows beyond. The birdsong here is lovely and amazing both at sunrise and sunset. I was treated to the song of a Nightingale as I went to bed, which I managed to record on my phone, above the sound of the crickets!
Everything in the room was immaculate.
I had dinner there too, the dining room with candle light is understated and perfect. Dinner was a "deconstructed" prawn cocktail with lovely big prawns and avocado. Main was Boeuf Bourgignon, with dauphinois potato, and veg. The beef was melt in your mouth. Ben is the desserts specialist and a lovely strawberry bavarois topped off the experience, along with a carafe of red wine just for me! I managed only two glasses.
The only other guests were a pleasant Belgian couple, who spoke no English and although we had brief conversation, I did struggle at times to know where to look as I was seated facing them.
I was seated at a different table for breakfast so that I could actually just focus outside the window which was much more comfortable for me.
Breakfast was excellent too.
There is a lovely lounge area for guests where there is a large television. This room is bright and light and designed/decorated like little rooms within the one big area, a big of Art Deco, a bit of classic French and a bit of almost Vintage Bric a brac, it all works really well.
Lorraine and Ben make a great team, Ben has a wicked sense of humour and I found my stay was made all the more perfect by their friendly contribution.
I would absolutely recommend Chateau de Corrige to anyone and would love to return myself one day.
The grounds are in the process of Ben and Lorraine planning to get some of the area back to their original appearance, like the walled garden to the side, and the tennis court.
If you had the time to stay longer, there are lovely footpaths leading directly from the property.

Room Tip: The blue room is lovely with view over the front terrace.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Gail T
lorrainemorris m, Owner at Chateau de Corrige, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Thank you for those positive comments, we certainly strive to provide a great experience.We are glad you took the time to write your review and we thank you for that.
We take on board youcomments regarding the walk to the car, we do like to ask guests to park away from the property, ( we timed it less than 49 seconds) because it spoils those stunning views when your peering round cars.
Look forward to hosting you again one day, and once again thank you for all your positive comments and the extremely detailed review.