“Wonderful hosts, lovely room, lovely food, lovely location. Would love to return.”
Review of Chateau de Corrige

Chateau de Corrige
Reviewed 13 May 2017

A little gem not to be missed if you have the opportunity. I was greeted by Lorraine on arrival, quite relieved to be able to speak English as Id been reciting French in my head for the past month!
The "chateau" is not what we might classically expect to be called a chateau, but more a large manor house in its appearance, elegant and understated on the outside, but Lorraine and Ben have created a stylish, quirky and relaxing interior, totally up my street.
I had the "blue" room, with lovely big bedroom, attached seating area and nice shower room with waterfall tap, cool.
I had two big windows, one in each room, overlooking the front terrace and the meadows beyond. The birdsong here is lovely and amazing both at sunrise and sunset. I was treated to the song of a Nightingale as I went to bed, which I managed to record on my phone, above the sound of the crickets!
Everything in the room was immaculate.
I had dinner there too, the dining room with candle light is understated and perfect. Dinner was a "deconstructed" prawn cocktail with lovely big prawns and avocado. Main was Boeuf Bourgignon, with dauphinois potato, and veg. The beef was melt in your mouth. Ben is the desserts specialist and a lovely strawberry bavarois topped off the experience, along with a carafe of red wine just for me! I managed only two glasses.
The only other guests were a pleasant Belgian couple, who spoke no English and although we had brief conversation, I did struggle at times to know where to look as I was seated facing them.
I was seated at a different table for breakfast so that I could actually just focus outside the window which was much more comfortable for me.
Breakfast was excellent too.
There is a lovely lounge area for guests where there is a large television. This room is bright and light and designed/decorated like little rooms within the one big area, a big of Art Deco, a bit of classic French and a bit of almost Vintage Bric a brac, it all works really well.
Lorraine and Ben make a great team, Ben has a wicked sense of humour and I found my stay was made all the more perfect by their friendly contribution.
I would absolutely recommend Chateau de Corrige to anyone and would love to return myself one day.
The grounds are in the process of Ben and Lorraine planning to get some of the area back to their original appearance, like the walled garden to the side, and the tennis court.
If you had the time to stay longer, there are lovely footpaths leading directly from the property.

Room Tip: The blue room is lovely with view over the front terrace.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Gail T
lorrainemorris m, Owner at Chateau de Corrige, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Thank you for those positive comments, we certainly strive to provide a great experience.We are glad you took the time to write your review and we thank you for that.
We take on board youcomments regarding the walk to the car, we do like to ask guests to park away from the property, ( we timed it less than 49 seconds) because it spoils those stunning views when your peering round cars.
Look forward to hosting you again one day, and once again thank you for all your positive comments and the extremely detailed review.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

This is a fantastic gem. In the middle of the French country side, very large rooms, great food, just a fantastic place to go and relax. There is a reasonably large garden and a terrace overlooking he countryside which is just a perfect place to sit with a bottle of wine while the sun goes down.

Room Tip: view over the front garden!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
lorrainezoom, Owner at Chateau de Corrige, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Thank you for your high praise and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay.
We agree the garden is a great place to watch the sun sink behind the hills whilst partaking of a glass of wine
We look forward to welcoming you back one day,

Reviewed 17 October 2016

What a delightful treat this place is. Lorraine and her son, Ben, welcomed us warmly. It was evening and we were a bit hungry. Lorraine quickly prepared a beautiful charcuterie platter for us. The rooms are spacious and lovely. It's a beautiful property. It is "off the main road" but this is a plus in my opinion. It is not that far out. Well worth it. Thank you Lorraine and Ben.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review, yes we try to make each guest feel special......hope you felt that way...
Hope to see you again one day.

Reviewed 2 October 2016

Overnight stop on my journey to Brittany. Wish it was longer. Lorraine & Ben were very welcoming. No evening meal available but Lorraine was kind enough to do me a cheese and wine platter on the terrace which was terrific. Breakfast was very good but not being a breakfast person I did not make full use of what was on offer. Will certainly stay here again on my travels thru France

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 September 2016

In every way this was the most perfect small hotel we have ever stayed in. A warm and geneous welcome from Lorraine and Ben, an exquisite bucolic landscape worthy of Capability Brown that in the early morning mist was breathtakingly beautiful, a delicious evening meal cooked by Lorraine served with such panache and attention to detail by Ben, a lovely room with large en suite, and then a perfect breakfast. The only drawback was having to leave.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Been to Chateau de Corrige? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK