“Daytime view”
Review of lake tekapo tavern

lake tekapo tavern
Ranked #11 of 15 Restaurants in Lake Tekapo
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 10 September 2017

Nice for a drink at the big front window. The meals were only average, but the staff were very friendly. Nice during daylight to sit at the big window and look at the view.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Chips are semi cold
50 min wait on food
The burger was cold
The meat patty was out for pre order meat box
Only feash item was the hash brown
Garlic bread was microwaved no taste of garlic
The presentation wasn't even worthy of Instagraming
And pervious night we wanted to couple quite drinks and some pool and we were told it was closed at 9:50pm on Friday night.

No impressed frequently visit Tekapo won't be going back here.
Would not recommend.

4  Thank JesseW1289
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

My partner and I were on the road from Wanaka to Christchurch on Sunday night and had a craving for fish and chips. Rather than eat takeaways in car I suggested to stop in at the tavern so we could relax and have a drink.
Due to the barpersons advise we chose the Roast of the day. Lamb.
Well it was absolutely disgusting.
At a guess microwaved fatty tough lamb, frozen verge and potatoes.
The meat was inedible and vege stone cold.
My partner who normally would chew thru anything couldn't even eat it!
The staff were friendly.
Will definitely not be back and not recommend.
Stopped at Geraldine and had amazing fish and chips

2  Thank MVS47
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

We attempted to eat dinner here but unfortunately my "roast of the day" was not edible! I think it may have been the roast of the day for some time (previously cooked, then frozen, then reheated again)
I understand it's a small place and they may have to pre make some things but for what we paid for it, I would expect it to be palatable. The best thing about my meal was the ginger beer (mare in australia)
My husbands food (steak)was below average as well but atleast it was edible.
I didn't want to complain as the poor lady behind the bar also had to clean tables and serve the bottle shop.
The view was spectacular so atleast I enjoyed that!

2  Thank Hairbykatherine
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Absolutely disgraceful, 100gm ribeye with over half of it fat, if this is 100gm ribeye then I need to go back to culinarily school! Should of read the other comments before eating here

3  Thank Sam O